Bad
Good

Greenbrier Intermediate School 5

Posted September 10, 2013
Greenbrier Intermediate is a great school and has a teaching staff that really cares! Our four children have attended the school. Our youngest is still a student there and he loves it! The staff & the PTA have worked together over the years to make sure that the students have the latest technology to learn with, terrific books in the library, and even a courtyard area to study nature first hand. This is a wonderful school and we are glad our children were part of the GRI family!

Greenbrier Intermediate School 3

Posted November 24, 2012
The school is ok but not great to me. My son had an awesome year for 3rd grade. His teacher was amazing...4th grade had some issues...teacher was basically letting kids run the class and the teacher had her "favorite" students which got away with everything...I had never heard so much tattling in my life....The principal well lets just say he stands behind whatever the teacher says ( you know teachers are never wrong--ugh) 5th grade well I have learned the kids are required to carry a book around and read at every idol moment..according to the teacher it is requested by the principal. Research on recess indicates that school-age children are more attentive in the classroom after recess than before it. Page 433 in Seventh Edition of Infants, Children, and Adolescents by Laura E. Berk. I feel the kids don't get enough recess and if they keep pushing this reading a book in the hallway on the way to the bathroom...its will backfire and cause the kids to hate reading!

Greenbrier Intermediate School 5

Posted August 19, 2012
GBI is an exceelent school. My older son went through the school and now my youngest is. The staff and principal are excellent, and you can feel the school spirit as soon as you walk in the door. The ladies in the front office are always welcoming with a big smile. The PTA is outstanding offering tons of activities and programs throughout the year with numerous times to volunteer. If you have a problem, it is dealt with quickly and professionally! We are excited for another year to start!

Greenbrier Intermediate School 4

Posted March 13, 2012
First year in VA and my daughter is in 3rd here and she loves it! Mrs. Hall is a fantastic teacher!!! The only thing is I do not like how the school does things and if you are used to volunteering all the time FORGET IT! I am so used to going in and helping out (have 3 other kids also) this school will barely let you through the door during instruction time. Oh well at least security wise it is a good thing. I have seen growth in my little one. She is not "gifted" but holds her own and gets extra help when needed. AB honor roll for the first time! YAY! One more thing PE is the best ever here the coach really teaches them not just to run around...they teach about muscles and health. All in all my husband and I have been pleased :-)

Greenbrier Intermediate School 1

Posted December 29, 2009
I say this is one of the worst schools I have been to, unless you are Gifted and Talented but if you aren't, ugh!

Greenbrier Intermediate School
1701 River Birch Run N, Chesapeake, VA  23320
Last modified Greenbrier Intermediate School is a Public school that serves grades 3-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.