PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Fantastic Families and Students; Dynamic Faculty and Administration. Leadership and training up Scholars are the highest priorities of the school. The school has an awesome international community, with students from China, Korea, Thailand, Spain, Taiwan, and Japan, and is a community unlike any other school in the area. Its truly a school where we want our children, global and multicultural, exactly where the Church should be today, and it does so without sacrificing its Christian faith and values. We have been here for a number of years, and will continue until our daughter graduates. Bravo to the administration, for stepping out in faith, and following through with all their vision: A brand new campus!!! We love it! Thank you!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

Veritas has always had the best faculty. This year, they have added so much, including a new arts program, personal training, as well as TOEFL and ESL.

Amount of homework: Agree

Great balance of school and homework. Upper school students are given a bell a day, called Colloquy, to get work done so that they may participate in extra-curricular activities.

Develops character: Strongly agree

The school has a very disciplined honor code and high expectations put upon student character.

Veritas has provided an excellent education for all of my children. It's a very warm and loving, yet academically rich and spiritually sound. My children have all been educated at Veritas, and all have very sound reasoning skills, rigorous academic skills, yet a firm belief of who they are in Christ. The school has managed to be academically rigorous, College Prep, yet without compromising their faith. The school is not perfect by any means, but who is. They do the best they can with what they have, and thats a Lot! I am very proud of the school, and look forward to see what God has for it ion the future. My children are all the better for it!

I have been attending Veritas from sincere ninth grade and am now a Senior at the school. The feeling of community and family at Veritas is amazing, I feel as if my class is my family. The headmaster, Mr. Elgut and Director, Mr. Keating, can be seen around any corner and are open to discussions about any problem you may have with the school and will address them as they deem fit. They are also found at many of the sporting events cheering for the students. The teachers are most certainly academic, but still love you. They expect the absolute best from you and will go out of their way, staying after school and during lunch to help you grasp the concepts. We are taught to think for ourselves, but in a way that still glorifies God. I cannot think of a single class in which we do not discuss how God pertains to that subject, including math! Overall, Veritas is a very well rounded school that has changed my life for the better. I know the administration is seeking a new facility for the future, and pray our Lord meets thief needs. Simply put, this is a great school!

I am a public school teacher and a product of public schools. If you are considering a private school, I can use this forum to tell you why I believe Veritas is an exceptional choice. My daughter has been going there since first grade. Mrs. Powers and Miss Vinson are wonderful! Mr. Keating is the best swimming coach in the world! If you are looking for a Christian school that has a staff who will encourage your child to achieve their best, this is the school for you. At Veritas, they will be academically challenged, but not left behind due to their small sized classes. These children are constantly exposed to clear Christian values. This small dedicated staff and parents have produced elaborate musicals such as Guys and Dolls and Fiddler on the Roof. Have no doubt, your child WILL be exposed to the arts unlike so many other schools. Carolyn Venable is most amazing art teacher who knows how to elicit any talent your child might have. The Elguts are a married couple with five children who founded this school with a vision that they have managed to make a reality due to their faith, reputation, and love for the Veritas "family."

we are very happy at veritas. we love the administration and teachers , and the students are very good children. we have two boys and one girl at veritas and they love it. in response to the comment about why teachers don't come back, many not only have come back, they've done so for years. some have to leave because of spouses getting jobs out of state or many other normal reasons of life. we are a better family as a result of the huge blessing of the lord having brought us here. this school is a great investment into the future of our children. we highly recommend veritas. i've known many of the parents, teachers, and administrators for years. we are a relatively new family here of just two years, and the veritas family has fully embrased us

Excellent school! My children have been attending for many years. We have had our children at another school in the area, and was very disappointed at the level of education compared to Veritas. This is not just a high level education, but one which is genuinely Christ-centered. The administration practices what they preach, and walk in Christ through all they do. We as parents at Veritas love the school, and eagerly look forward to their new campus next year.

Excellent school overall. Outstanding academics, strong teachers, clear Christian focus, caring environment. We have had children at four different Christian schools in the area and this is clearly the best!

Last modified Veritas Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-12