Chesterfield, VA

Posted March 28, 2015
Love the school and all staff. The administration addresses things quickly and the office staff is very helpful. Everyone is always very helpful. The PTA is very active and does many things and I love this.

Jacobs Road Elementary School 2

Posted November 11, 2014
Involved w/schools in other areas. This one is definitely a sinking ship in need of a captain who can steer. The rating system isdropping and our friends are definitely not okay with the public transportation. Yes,I am involved but parental involvement can't fix the existing problems without the needed support which has degraded from frustrating to almost nonexistent - good ideas and plans but consistently poor follow-up. Our teachers worked hard to earn their degrees and do their best with limited resources so they shouldn't have to double up their responsiblities by acting as parking attendants - especially with a lot poorly designed to safely drop off students. The general parking & handicapped access is deplorable. The office staff needs instruction in PR - especially acknowleding/ greeting/guiding newcomers. Potential here but a sad lack of protocol essential for a positive/productive learning experience. Attitude seems to be stressed/defensive versus positive/helpful all around.

Jacobs Road Elementary School 1

Posted November 11, 2014
My kids have been in much better schools than this one. Buses are horrible. Staff is uncooperative.

Jacobs Road Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2014
My daughter has been attending since K and is now in 2 nd grade. She loves her school and is very proud if being a Jaguar. The only concern I have is with the new Principal, she joined in 2013, because she is very protective over the teachers and doesn't hold them accountable. She does not want parent feedback and will be rude and shun you if you try to approach her. This is reflective in the SOL scores which have dropped dramatically. I want to move ASAP now.

Posted June 10, 2014
I have been thrilled with Jacobs Road so far. My daughter is in special education and my son is not. I work with students regarding positive behavior interventions and supports and it is clear that Jacobs knows all about supporting kids no matter what their behavior positively. Kudos to the principal as I have seen her in action with students in a variety of situations and she was wonderful! Love this school. Keep up the good work Jacobs!

Posted March 17, 2014
We have had a wonderful experience at Jacobs road elementary. Great teachers and involvement in the school.

Posted February 07, 2014
Stellar School! The new principal is a wonderful addition to what was already a great school. We moved here from out of state last year and not only have the teachers and support staff made it an easy transition for my daughter, but the student body has been very welcoming as well. We love the accelerated classes available and the honor roll assembly celebrations. So pleased with our experience at Jacobs!!!!

Jacobs Road Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2014
Jacobs is very nurturing of young kids and have great support from teachers,PTA and support staff. We always get informed about activities in school. The PTA can only be as strong as their members so lets go pArents, lets extend our hand in d midst of our busy lives to support our school.

Posted January 07, 2014
My daughter is in 5th grade and has attended Jacobs since 1st grade and we absolutely love this school. They have some fabulous teachers who really care about the students.

Posted April 30, 2013
We were pleasantly surprised by the attention this school has provided both our son and our family in general. Since we transisitioned from Private to Public directly to Jacobs in the 5th grade, we were of course nervous on how things would turn out. They are always keeping you informed of important dates and our son's teacher is absoutely wonderful!!! I would recommend Jacobs Elementary to any family.

Jacobs Road Elementary School
8800 Jacobs Rd., Chesterfield, VA  23832
Last modified Jacobs Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jacobs Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 33 reviews. Top