Chesterfield, VA

Jacobs Road Elementary School 2

Posted September 11, 2014
My daughter has been attending since K and is now in 2 nd grade. She loves her school and is very proud if being a Jaguar. The only concern I have is with the new Principal, she joined in 2013, because she is very protective over the teachers and doesn't hold them accountable. She does not want parent feedback and will be rude and shun you if you try to approach her. This is reflective in the SOL scores which have dropped dramatically. I want to move ASAP now.

Posted June 10, 2014
I have been thrilled with Jacobs Road so far. My daughter is in special education and my son is not. I work with students regarding positive behavior interventions and supports and it is clear that Jacobs knows all about supporting kids no matter what their behavior positively. Kudos to the principal as I have seen her in action with students in a variety of situations and she was wonderful! Love this school. Keep up the good work Jacobs!

Posted March 17, 2014
We have had a wonderful experience at Jacobs road elementary. Great teachers and involvement in the school.

Posted February 07, 2014
Stellar School! The new principal is a wonderful addition to what was already a great school. We moved here from out of state last year and not only have the teachers and support staff made it an easy transition for my daughter, but the student body has been very welcoming as well. We love the accelerated classes available and the honor roll assembly celebrations. So pleased with our experience at Jacobs!!!!

Jacobs Road Elementary School 4

Posted January 09, 2014
Jacobs is very nurturing of young kids and have great support from teachers,PTA and support staff. We always get informed about activities in school. The PTA can only be as strong as their members so lets go pArents, lets extend our hand in d midst of our busy lives to support our school.

Posted January 07, 2014
My daughter is in 5th grade and has attended Jacobs since 1st grade and we absolutely love this school. They have some fabulous teachers who really care about the students.

Posted April 30, 2013
We were pleasantly surprised by the attention this school has provided both our son and our family in general. Since we transisitioned from Private to Public directly to Jacobs in the 5th grade, we were of course nervous on how things would turn out. They are always keeping you informed of important dates and our son's teacher is absoutely wonderful!!! I would recommend Jacobs Elementary to any family.

Jacobs Road Elementary School 4

Posted August 20, 2012
Great school with a supportive staff and caring parents. There is some issues with bullying but unfortunately there isn't much the school can do when the parents of said students sit idly by and let their kids run amok.

Jacobs Road Elementary School 1

Posted February 26, 2012
I have had consistent problems with problems not being addressed with out of control bus activity. There is a huge anti-bullying campaign but there are problems with bullying: (physical as well as verbal) that wont be addressed despite complaints by numerous parents complaints.

Jacobs Road Elementary School 3

Posted January 23, 2012
I cannot believe everyone is getting so uptight over one review. If you realize there are issues and challenges, why are you complaining about the review? I only wrote the truth. Why not take that and implement changes. I do volunteer consistently because I do have two kids that attend the school. So everybody needs to calm down and learn to take constructive criticism and make changes.

Jacobs Road Elementary School
8800 Jacobs Rd., Chesterfield, VA  23832
Last modified Jacobs Road Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Jacobs Road Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 42 reviews. Top