Lakeview Elementary School 0

Posted February 05, 2010
When we moved into this community we were very happy for our children to attend Lakeview Elementary, because we had heard wonderful things about this school. One thing that I found out by volunteering at the school was this school is ran by clicks. If you aren't into the 'in crowd', of parents then your experience there will be very uncomfortable.

Posted September 19, 2009

Posted April 01, 2009

Posted June 07, 2007
Lakeview Elementary is a wonderful school. The principal, Kim Evans, is a strong, intelligent role model for all of the students. She requires students to be respectful and disciplined. I have two children in this school now, and more to follow. I will not leave this district solely due to Lakeview. The PTO is a great asset to the faculty and students. Parent involvement is great! There are many extracurricular activities. The school has been accredited since the beginning of this standard. The teachers treat the students with the utmost respect. I could not be happier!

Posted May 21, 2007
- a former student

Posted April 23, 2007
My daughter is in 5th grade and has Mrs. Chance. My daughter had previously been schooled in the private sector so I was concerned about public school. My concern has been unfounded. All of the staff is 100% kid oriented. From the principal on down. All of the programs are excellent. Teacher involvement with the kids is one on one. My daughter has maintained her honor roll status and has been offered extra time from her teacher on math to make sure she gets it before they move on. I went to Lakeview when I was a child and I am proud that my daughter has also attended and has achieved so much.

Posted November 01, 2006
I love the school they really pushed my son to exceed which in turn made him feel better about himself, the only complaint that I had was one of the office personnel, I guess in like most places she feels herself important enough to judge you and your children, as she would turn her nose up if you were late or forgot something, or just had something going on in your life, etc. just not friendly at all.

Posted October 12, 2005
Lakeview has been very good for my son except for this year!He's now in second grade,And we have had alot of rude comments from his teacher.My son and other students have went home crying and complaining about this teacher.My son said she yells at her students if they mess up on their work.I have talked to other parents and their child has been coming home upset!Student should trust and be comfortable with their teacher to learn not to be scared of her!I hope other parents will finally stand up for the sake of their child and bring this to the school.Our children deserve to learn and be treated with respect!

Posted July 11, 2005
Lakeview Elementary is a great school. The staff is wonderful in educating the children, there is an active PTO. Parents meet with the elected schol board to ask qeustions and submit ideas for inmprovement. The weekly newsletter is a great way to keep parents informed of what is happening at Lakeview. The kindergarten class rooms have computers and the children are learning computers. There are programs for bi-lingual students.

Posted March 30, 2005

Lakeview Elementary School
401 Taswell Ave, Colonial Heights, VA  23834
Last modified Lakeview Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Lakeview Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 15 reviews. Top