Bad
Good

I feel the administration does not want to let parents be a part of the school. They have lack of involvement from parents. Issues that arissed were pushed under the table for months and when they were addressed they were done so in manners that were unprofessional and just covered up the situation. The teachers we had were okay but could have used more support from the administration. The moral of the school is very low and my kids were miserable the whole time. We specifically moved so that we could switch out kids out of this school.

My son has acclimated very well at North Elementary School. He has an IEP and receives lots of other services here (speech and occupational therapy, extra reading help) and all of the different teachers have been lovely and communicative. They all seem to genuinely love children and encourage them, even where there are academic and/or disciplinary issues. The Principle, Mr. Ridley is fantastic as well as the Administrative staff, Ms. Dixon and my son's teacher, Mrs. Boisseau. North has a very friendly atmosphere and small teacher to student ratio, so the children receive individual attention that a larger school couldn't provide because of the much larger class size. I highly recommend North Elementary School.

My grandchildren's parents chose North Elementary. My G-children love their school. The classes are small which gives the teachers the ability to give more individualized attention and more parent-teacher interaction. They offer tutoring before and after school. The student body is extremely diverse giving the children a more real world experience that serves to build well-rounded individuals; more understanding of and empathy for those that have a vastly different life experience than their own. My main concern is the student pickup arrangements. I suppose a more suitable arrangement will be implemented when there is an unfortunate injury (or worse) caused by the traffic situation after school. Tussing has a safer situation. Why can't the city provide a safer environment for North Elementary?

North Elementary is a wonderful school, the principal, teachers and staff are all very dedicated individuals who take their jobs seriously and have the best interests of the children as their number one priority. The principal is very focused on student safety which as a parent I appreciate. Students attend PE every day and class sizes average about 19 per class.

I'm not sure about this school. I cant find any information on the web but something is not right. I went in to meet the teachers & principal to possibly enroll my son- they seemed to act like they had something to hide. Especially the principal- so much so that I called him on it. He had a calmer manner once we went into his office, maybe I did to, but he sure acted suspicious. It was over cell phone usage...He said he owned the kids in the school and that everybody had to follow the rules- the lines of "if I bended the rules for one, I'd have to bend it for everybody"...thank God we still live in a free country; he doesn't own my child and he will never own my child, but I still wonder what he is hiding?!

There are good in bad in every school, but I expected better from North, given the small student body. I will be transferring my students for the next school year.

overall I have been very pleased with my 3rd graders experience at North Elementary.

I am a member to the PTO, and I am very active in my daughter's academia. I appreciate the school size and the curriculum. The teacher to child ratio is more than encouraging. If I have any complaints about this school, it would be about the administration, and not in regards to their behavior with the children, but with me. ~Momma Rose

Last modified North Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.