Danville, VA

Park Avenue Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
My kids have been attending 9 weeks at Park Avenue after relocating to Danville VA from Raleigh. The staff is freindly, the school and meetings are unorganized, and there is a lack of leadership at the school. This was not more relevant as when my son began to be bullied by two kids. We reported it to my son's three teachers in a parent conference. When the bullying continued, we involved the principal, and it continued to increase in frequency and intensity we involved the Interim Superintendent. The bullying got so bad and the response at Forest Hills was so lacking that we had to transfer my son to a new school. Since then, we have discovered that the principal is new and untrained to run the school, the teachers were not following procedures including sending progress reports as required or even properly recording grades. I would not send my children back to Park Avenue ever and I have grave concerns about the lack of response from the DPS administration. Overall, DPS has no leadership, more concerned about public impressions than actually protecting and educating our children. I would recommend private schools in Danville than any of the public schools.

Park Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted May 09, 2010
This school goes above and beyond to meet students individual needs and do whatever it takes to help them get where they need to be! The staff does so much to keep the students excited about learning. The SOL pep rally is just one example and it keeps the kids excited even during the stressful time of testing. Keep up the great work!

Park Avenue Elementary School 5

Posted July 30, 2008

Park Avenue Elementary School 0

Posted January 15, 2008
Park Avenue used to be such a good school but something has happened since the begining of the school year and my daughters 5th grade experience is a nightmare. The focus is very negative and the students are rising to the occassion. Kids that I've known for the last 5 years that are good kids are acting out and begining to behave the way they are being treated. I have been trying to get a parent-teacher conference for the last 4 months and finally got an appointment this Friday. I expect not to get very far and will probably have to go to the school board.

Park Avenue Elementary School
661 Park Ave, Danville, VA  24541
Last modified Park Avenue Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Park Avenue Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 4 reviews. Top