Fairfax Station, VA

Posted June 19, 2014
The GreatSchools Rating does not correctly reflect the academic level of this school. This school has special education classes which tends to bring down the overall standard test scores but, general classes do very well.

Posted November 26, 2013
I have a Kindergartner at Halley. His teacher, Ms. Cerami is amazing and the staffs have been very nice and helpful. My kid loves it there!

Posted October 15, 2013
This is an amazing school, my two kids studied there and we are so happy that they belonged to this school. Teachers, staff and all the organization is so good, it has been a very good experience having our kids there.

Halley Elementary School 1

Posted May 31, 2013
Poor comminication from school, no attention from teachers. It's our second year and really disappointed so far. If you have that choice, consider going to one of AP schools in the area. The difference is huge in our experience.

Posted January 17, 2013
We love this school. Our children have attended Halley for more than two years now and we really think highly of the teachers, staff and students. The school has a fantastic PTO, a strong curriculum, friendly staff and plenty of opportunities for advanced academic study. We feel very lucky to have our children at this school.

Posted January 16, 2013
We moved here from Colorado Springs, I was disappointed with the school my kids attended there and it was rated a 7. What I have quickly learned is schools in this area are at a different level than the rest of the country. A 6 here has got to be a 9 back in CO. I love Halley! My daughter is being challenged and she has such an amazing third grade teacher that inspires her to be in the advanced classes. I have seen my daughter come home proud to be moved up into advanced math and Language Arts. I am impressed with how organized the school is and how parent friendly it is. My first grader loves school too and his teacher is very good. Very surprised this school rates a 6. I have yet to meet a parent unhappy with this school. They look at each child and place them accordingly. Whether they are advanced or not. Very happy.

Posted April 24, 2012
This is school is wonderful and has extremely high school spirit especially when considering surrounding schools. The school rating is a bit skewed if you compare against nearby schools such as Silverbrook elemetary. Halley's ratings for Math are extremely high, more so that surrounding schools, yet Reading is somewhat lower. This is due to the higher diversity and children whom speak more than one language. It is an extremely well rounded school and am extremely happy with it.

Posted July 18, 2011
My daughter attended Kindergarten at Halley during the 2010-2011 school year. We loved the school, the teachers and the family feel that the school has. I think the prinicipal is doing an excellent job and the teacher my daughter had in Kindergarten was terrific. We couldn't be more pleased.

Posted July 04, 2011
I am surprised theat this school does not have a higer rating. Two of my children attend this school and I could not be happier. They have been at the school about 3 years now. The teachers are great along with most of the staff. The counselor is questionable, seems to see things through rose colored glasses and the school nurse needs to review her policy about notifying parents of lice outbreaks. Other than that I am very pleased especially with the encouragement of parent envolvment. Great school!

Halley Elementary School 1

Posted December 10, 2010
For a school that takes pride in having a Bully-Nots program, they are very hypocritical about bullying. My son went there for 2 years and it were the most brutal years of his life. For those 2 years, my son didn't have friends and was constantly bullied and labeled names by his peers. He was showing all the signs of being bullied but the staff chose to ignore those signs. When he talked to the counselor, they would always find a way to make my son look like the bad guy. The same was true when he would tell the teacher if someone was bullying him. The tables turned however when he started standing up for himself and they were labeling him as the instigator not the victim. Overall, if I knew he would have gone through all this, I would have payed extra money to be in another boundary.

Halley Elementary School
8850 Cross Chase Circle, Fairfax Station, VA  22039
Last modified Halley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Halley Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top