Bad
Good

We've been at Halley for 4 years. The school has a very diverse population of children which I appreciate because that is a reflection of how our world operates today. A lot is dependent on the teacher and that's where Halley could improve by introducing strict processes and therefore reducing the variance from teacher to teacher. The school offers a local level IV advanced program, which is very convenient for parents. It's a community school and I appreciate the love and effort the teachers, the staff, and the parents put into making our community better, and our children better.

Halley Elementary is a first rate school. We feel extremely fortunate that our children are able to attend this school. The teachers and administration are wonderful. There is a certain population of students who do not score well on standardized tests which impacts the Great Schools rating here, but in no way reflects the education and attention that each and every Halley student receives.

Halley is a wonderful school with a strong academic program, a dedicated staff, a strong PTO, a diverse population, and beautiful facility. The GS rating does not do justice to Halley. The principle is outstanding and the teachers are 1st rate. Unfortunately, standardized testing scores take a hit for a variety of reasons. which the principle is more than willing to discuss. Here's what great schools doesn't tell you: WHES Problem Solvers have competed at the international level for the last two years, the AAP program is strong, the principle is excellent at balancing the needs between disadvantaged and regular students so that no one is left behind or slowed down in their learning progress, every student has access to STEM class, parents are always welcome in the school and the teachers are superb at adapting to each student s needs and finding new ways to challenge and educate them. No matter what school you select in the end your ability to parent is going to be the biggest factor in your child's success. You will not regret having your child attend WHES.

The GreatSchools Rating does not correctly reflect the academic level of this school. This school has special education classes which tends to bring down the overall standard test scores but, general classes do very well.

I have a Kindergartner at Halley. His teacher, Ms. Cerami is amazing and the staffs have been very nice and helpful. My kid loves it there!

This is an amazing school, my two kids studied there and we are so happy that they belonged to this school. Teachers, staff and all the organization is so good, it has been a very good experience having our kids there.

Poor comminication from school, no attention from teachers. It's our second year and really disappointed so far. If you have that choice, consider going to one of AP schools in the area. The difference is huge in our experience.

We love this school. Our children have attended Halley for more than two years now and we really think highly of the teachers, staff and students. The school has a fantastic PTO, a strong curriculum, friendly staff and plenty of opportunities for advanced academic study. We feel very lucky to have our children at this school.

We moved here from Colorado Springs, I was disappointed with the school my kids attended there and it was rated a 7. What I have quickly learned is schools in this area are at a different level than the rest of the country. A 6 here has got to be a 9 back in CO. I love Halley! My daughter is being challenged and she has such an amazing third grade teacher that inspires her to be in the advanced classes. I have seen my daughter come home proud to be moved up into advanced math and Language Arts. I am impressed with how organized the school is and how parent friendly it is. My first grader loves school too and his teacher is very good. Very surprised this school rates a 6. I have yet to meet a parent unhappy with this school. They look at each child and place them accordingly. Whether they are advanced or not. Very happy.

This is school is wonderful and has extremely high school spirit especially when considering surrounding schools. The school rating is a bit skewed if you compare against nearby schools such as Silverbrook elemetary. Halley's ratings for Math are extremely high, more so that surrounding schools, yet Reading is somewhat lower. This is due to the higher diversity and children whom speak more than one language. It is an extremely well rounded school and am extremely happy with it.

Last modified Halley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.