Posted July 24, 2014
This school is wonderful! It is very student-centered and the teachers and staff work hard to ensure students are learning to their fullest potential. It has a community feel and the PTO works hard to involve the parents in numerous activities. Our PTO has even helped in purchasing SMART BOARDS for the classrooms. My child has attended for two years and is looking forward to going back in the fall. She loves her peers, teachers and staff. When I told her she may have the opportunity to go to a different school, she cried. We will stay here as long as possible!

Falmouth Elementary School 1

Posted May 13, 2013
This school year my son has not been challenged to his full potential. For a 1st grader, I was expecting more homework and actual correction of his assignments. The teacher sends his homework home on Monday, which normally consist of a one math sheet, spelling word sort, come up with similar words that are within the sort, and a read a book. His class work was not graded until the weekend so I did not see it until the following Monday. The class size is too large for the teacher to handle alone with a 20-25 kid ratio to one teacher. I do agree that the staff is friendly, but good gracious and luck volunteering for anything. They would rather have teacher s spouses (w/o children) come help out vice an actual parent. So I would have to say no, they do not provide reasonable guidelines to volunteering within the school system. Maybe this school for me was a culture shock coming from a private school that had better communication with parents, and wanted more parental environment in school activities. I would have to say that the state score does in fact reflect the schools performance, and I would encourage parents to consider other education solutions for their children.

Falmouth Elementary School 3

Posted December 31, 2009
My son is in Kindergarten at Falmouth. On one hand, the staff is very friendly and the school is welcoming, and though I don't have a child with special needs, I can imagine this would be a great place for addressing those concerns. On the other hand, I feel like children who are academically capable might be missing important components of the education process here. There's so much focus on the test--which of course is geared toward the median--and so little time for creativity and socialization. Teachers seem overwhelmed by requirements and TV is used in the classroom too much, probably to give teachers time for administrative tasks. Since I have a smart kid and know exactly what I want for him, I'm disappointed with a reliance on worksheets and people who, even though they know him by name, treat him like a number.

Falmouth Elementary School 0

Posted September 15, 2009
Falmouth has helped my grandkids learn and be a better person.

Posted January 22, 2008
Please don't be misled by the rating 'great schools' gave Falmouth. This IS a great school with a caring and dedidcated staff. I had a lot of anxiety about the school, as we transfered in from out of state. Not only does the school strive for academics, but they encourage good character as well. Please don't let the test scores discourage you. Take into account the number of disadvantaged and disabled kids that attend the school. The principal remembered my kids names after only meeting them one time, and we've always felt welcomed by all of the staff. My child was not challenged at all at our last school, but we are definitely getting what we need here at Falmouth!

Falmouth Elementary School 5

Posted December 10, 2007

Posted April 22, 2007
What an awesome school. The administrators are wonderful. The principal knows all the students by name and is very involved. My son transferred from Hartwood due to a district rezoning. Initially I was concerned but that diminished quickly. The environment is much more conducive to learning and the school is organized. The majority of the teachers are very dedicated and work hard to give the kids a well rounded education.

Falmouth Elementary School 5

Posted March 29, 2006
My 1st grade son attends Falmouth Elementary and is learning so much this year! He had a strong teacher in Kindergarten at Falmouth and now he has a strong teacher in the first grade. I am very pleased with the Everyday Mathematics program the county adopted this year. He really know his stuff when it comes to math. His teacher this year is a strong advacate for reading for pleasure. As a parent, I am proud that he is attending and loving his school. I have also found the extracurricular activities to be extremely beneficial to his growth. I am in the education field and I am on the PTO Board at Falmouth, so I consider myself to be very involved and happy.

Falmouth Elementary School
1000 Forbes St, Falmouth, VA  22405
Last modified Falmouth Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Falmouth Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top