Fredericksburg, VA
Students enrolled: 1,385

Chancellor High School 4

Posted April 14, 2014
Although Chancellor admittedly faces some challenges, a huge point of pride for this school is in the performing arts. Chancellor's choir, drama, band and orchestra are outstanding! Engaging and energetic arts teachers are inspiring their students to new heights, winning statewide awards and producing some of the best shows in the region. Anyone who just saw the Spring musical can attest to the commitment of these teachers and the talent of Chancellor students! If your child is motivated by the arts, Chancellor can offer them a great chance to grow.

Posted December 31, 2013
This school is awful! The classes are freezing cold, the students run the classes, and the racial tension is REALLY bad. Most teachers really don't care if you pass or fail. The algebra 2 teachers are terrible. The school is EXTREMELY dirty especially the bathrooms. Humans and mice walk the halls together, along with spiders and cockroaches. Stay away from this school...its bad for your health.

Chancellor High School 3

Posted May 07, 2013
My daughter started 9th grade here in the fall of 2012. At the orientation meeting, the principal announced that this year marked the 25th anniversary of the school, and to celebrate, there would be a renewed and increased focus on... athletics. As a parent, I would have rather had the principal renew focus on academics. Sports are fine and all, but I think the primary purpose of a school is to educate the brains of our children, not work harder to improve the athletic department.

Posted August 19, 2012
I'm very disappointed in this school- hygiene wise, teacherwise and such. It has not helped my grades to be at this school. I've failed two classes so far and can't graduate and earn enough classes for my high school diploma to be of use unless I finish out more core classes senior year. The teachers aren't the greatest, hygiene is bad- no soap in the bathroom- ALMOST NEVER, and principal is not concerned about traffic situation. I'm very disgusted with the school. Do not transfer here! also, the guidance department is poorly managed!

Posted January 05, 2012
My son is a 9th grader at this school, he have already had all the issues that were mentioned in previous posts. Our son is a good student and a good kid and our fear is this school is bringing him down. Teachers let the students rule, cant control the classes and the students that want to larn can't. I pray i can get him transferred out somehow. Its ridiculous that racial tensions are so high too. We don't live in the inner cities but by going to this school you would never know it. His rades are suffering and he's depressed. We are very worried. Don't let your child attend thIs school.

Posted January 05, 2012
Going to this school has made me miserable, and I've only gone through half of my freshmen year. It seems like the staff have just given up, and they let the students run the school. All of the money is going towards sports and the weight room equipment. There is a huge presence of racial issues. The building itself is in horrible condition and not kept right, the locker rooms are ridiculous. Bathrooms are terrible and I only have one class with any windows. The students are extremely loud and the teachers cannot control classes. I am a quiet student and I get very good grades. My grades have significantly dropped and I am being overlooked by both students and teachers because I am not as loud as everyone else. The atmosphere puts me in depression, very gloomy, jail like, and just not a good learning environment at all. Avoid this school at all costs. My parents and I are doing everything we can to get me transferred out, and I suggest you should avoid this school at all costs. It's not fun, It needs major help, in every category.

Chancellor High School 4

Posted November 14, 2011
No public school is perfect but I feel like some of the latest comments are painting an unfair picture of the teachers at Chancellor that in my experience genuinely care about their students performance and have been a positive influence. I have had two of my three children attend Chancellor and the experiences I have had have all been great. We were much happier with Chancellor than we were with our last school in Fairfax. Guess you can't please everyone.

Posted September 21, 2011
This school has lots of drama not only from the students but from the parents as well. The school is cold and jail like. Parental involvement in this school is very low. Coming from Fairfax county this school is a joke. The principal doesnt care if children pass or fail. There are some teachers there who I feel shouldnt be teaching. Most children wish to transfer the school is that bad. With my situation that my daughter is facing at this school legal action will be taken. This school needs a full house cleaning!

Posted June 15, 2011
I was rather disappointed in this school's performance. There is a lot of bullying there and my teen was always depressed by the school's cold and unfeeling atmosphere. If you would like my opinion, don't go to Chancellor High. If there was an option for no stars that's what I would give it.

Posted October 22, 2010
teachers are trying, but other than the AP teachers.... not above average. Parental involvement is very low. Principal has been there a long time and needs to move on/// perceived as very biased and not competent. most students acknowledge their school is the worst in the district & would love to transfer.

Chancellor High School
6300 Harrison Rd, Fredericksburg, VA  22407
Last modified Chancellor High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Chancellor High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 22 reviews. Top