Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (4 responses)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted April 10, 2016
Mr. Saltz was my Latin teacher from 9th through 12th grade, and he brought "life" back to a dead language. But beyond a teacher, he was a mentor, an inspiration and a friend. Besides being a gifted linguist, he also was very knowledgeable about the goings on in the world and was always open to discussing and nurturing critical and independant thinking in any student who was willing to talk with him about it. He was funny, interesting and wanted to make genuine connections with all of his students. He was one of my major influences to come and study at Virginia Tech, and in some of my dark and stressful times that every Highschooler goes through, Latin class was there to brighten my day and help me to escape the stress of life. Thank you Mr. Saltz for all of the time, money, effort and soul that you put into your carreer and make your passion a passion of mine for the four years I was able to study under you. I miss you and hope that your now living an amazing life as a married man. I hope to someday soon sit down and have another philosophical discussion, now I am a bit older, wiser, and doing what you taught me to do. Follow my passion and enjoy life.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 10, 2016
Many of the teachers here are passionate about what they teach, and are knowledgeable about the subject matter. It takes great patience, compassion and a love of knowledge to be a teacher, and all three of theses traits are evident in every teacher and faculty member present at Chancellor High School.

Chancellor High School 5

Posted April 10, 2016
Chancellor High School was a diverse, inclusive and educational experience for me for four years. Through it I was able to excell in both my passion in STEM science as well as my interest in the arts. The music program is phenominal with excellent award winning teachers, as well as its drama club, languages, and visual arts. There is an enormous sense of pride with being a chancellor charger, and a enormous area tolearn how to cooperate and network with a diverse pool of individuals. I study Biochemistry at Virginia Tech under a Premed track, and I can honestly say, Chancellor High school helped to shape and hone my interests and passions to guide me where I am today. The Principal Mrs. Bass-Fortune is an outstanding woman who treats every student fairly however maintains order amongst a crowd of hormonal adolscents 9 months out of the year. My only regret was leaveing after such a short amount of time and being swept away in the riptide of college. Some may have negative opinions about the school as they havn't been able to find their passions. I find in my life that it is easy to write a negative review on anything and negativity is highly contagious. Chancellor is by no mans a perfect High Schoo, but in all honesty, what school is. For the time I spent, the people I met and the lessons I leaned for those four years, I can proudly claim to have been a Charger and would recomend teh school system to anyone looking into the area.

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted April 10, 2016
The teachers utilize a wide variety of techniques to ensure students understand the information being taught.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted April 10, 2016
My daughter attended a nearby high school for one year and was overwhelmed by the amount of work assigned.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted April 10, 2016
The teachers and staff always encourage the students to see projects through to their completion despite obstacles and show understanding when students have extenuating circumstances.

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted April 10, 2016
Most Morning Charge and announcements emphasize students respecting one another despite their backgrounds and beliefs.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted April 10, 2016
The teachers and staff take the students situations into consideration and use all situations to educate and improve the students compassion and empathy.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted April 10, 2016
My daughter was being bothered by other students. The teachers and administration listened to her complaints and investigated objectively and handled the situation quickly but fairly. Mrs Bass=Fortune is a very experienced and objective Principal.

Chancellor High School 5

Posted April 10, 2016
Both my children attended Chancellor High School from 2010 -2016. The teachers and administration were outstanding and attentive to their needs. My son graduated with high honors and was accepted to almost every school he applied t, including ivy league schools. He had the highest non athletic sponsored scholarship offers in the school. The AP preparation exceeded those of nearby high schools in the county. My daughter is more artistic and was a member of the Symphonic Band and Orchestra in addition to the Women's elite choir. Chancellor received Blue Ribbon's for achieving superior marks in all fine arts every year.

6300 Harrison Rd, Fredericksburg, VA  22407
Last modified Chancellor High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.