PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers at Cornerstone CARE about their students. They are driven to finding the most effective ways to teach their students and help them gain understanding.

Amount of homework: Agree

Teachers are always open to feedback from parents. If a parent feels like their child is struggling in any way, each teacher is open to hearing from parents and working with them towards a solution.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Cornerstone is focused on shepherding the heart's of children along with educating them. In order for them to effectively contribute to the world as God calls them to, children need to be trained to guard their hearts from a young age. Cornerstone comes along side parents towards this goal.

Teaching at Cornerstone does not feel like a job. It is a ministry, and I love it! Cornerstone is unique in the fact that a child’s heart and their relationship with God are of highest priority. Students are prayed over, shepherded, and guided more than just told to straighten up and follow the rules. I love the grace of God in the process. Because our focus is on each student’s relationship with God more than their grades it affects the atmosphere of the whole school. My favorite part of teaching at Cornerstone is the family atmosphere. Teachers, staff, parents, and students care about one another. This fosters a relaxed atmosphere of care rather than stress and competition. And learning takes place as well! The school is certified by ACSI. I have wanted to be a teacher since I was in grade school, and have always enjoyed working with young children. Watching the “lightbulb” moments and seeing their progress in all areas brings me great joy. The most important lesson that I want my students to take with them from their time with me is that everyone makes mistakes and that’s OK. We learn through making mistakes whether that’s in learning to write cursive or read or in our relationships with one another. We need to admit our mistakes, ask for forgiveness, give forgiveness, and move on. I make a point to point out my own mistakes as well!

Our family has had a wonderful experience at Cornerstone! I LOVE this school! The academic program is top notch (students learn cursive & Spanish beginning in Kindergarten), the art, music & theater programs are amazing at how they bring out and develop talents in the students, and the sports opportunities help to develop good team working skills. Every single aspect is interwoven with biblical, spirit-filled, Christian truths. Cornerstone is a very unique school that I am so thankful our family found!! I highly recommend it!!!!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

The teachers are wonderful! Although they all have different teaching techniques, they all have a heart for the kids! They strive to be good mentors to the students and, if they see an issue or a bad attitude, work to get to the heart of that child and correct the underlying problem. Classes are small so the teachers are able to give more individualized attention to each student.

Amount of homework: Agree

I have a child in upper elementary and one in lower elementary at Cornerstone. So far, the homework has not been overwhelming. There has been enough to review & practice what they're learning, but not so much that we don't enjoy family time in the evenings. Of course, with every grade the homework has varied. There has been weekly and quarterly scripture memorization every year.

Develops character: Strongly agree

Cornerstone Christian School works on reaching the heart of the child. If the heart can be reached and integrity developed from there, it will be reflected in all areas of the students life.

My son has attended Cornerstone for the past four years. He thrives in the small classroom where he receives individual attention. Every year each student receives a Character Recognition Award. In an assembly, each teacher recognizes something special about each child and includes a Bible verse to reinforce this trait. My son is always so proud of his certificate. If ever there is peer conflict or behavioral issue, the staff handle it with love and get the heart of the matter by questioning WHY this issue occurred. By looking at the HEART, they hope to resolve the source of the issue, not just managing an individual incident. My son doesn't feel pressure to be "cool" by what he wears, says, or does. He's free to be himself and is glad there are no bullies at his school. He has peace (and so do I) and he is glad to go to school each day. The school challenges the students academically as well. My husband and I value Cornerstone helping us to guide him to become the young man that God created him to be so that he can have a strong foundation. We highly recommend it!

Last modified Cornerstone Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8