K-12|Private
1,595 students

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)

I have four kids who went through the school and got an excellent all round education

My son moved to Collegiate in the 4th grade, and we have never looked back. The community that embraces the students is fantastic. The academic experience is excellent and the manner in which the "whole student" is nurtured, and the citizen within them molded is paramount. Appropriate sports requirements and significant volunteerism is expected and made possible by many cogs. Parents are as involved as they wish to be. Dedicated teachers and coaches are part of the reason Collegiate was ranked in the top 20 private schools in the nation. We love it, Go Cougars!

Collegiate School was ranked the 17th best school in the country. My children are in 4th and 6th grade and it is an amazing school. I am amazed at what they have learned compared to where I was at their age in public school. Many of the families are very wealthy, but mainly good people.

Currently going through the process of selecting a private school for my daughter. I was not impressed with the administration during the enrollment process and the lack of diversity in the students and staff is very shocking. In addition, if I wanted 23 kids in my daughters class with a part-time assistant, why would I pay private school tutu in when I can get that at public school. When asked how they give all the kids the individual attention that I will be paying for, the schools response was "we try as best we can". That is simply not good enough for me, so we will be looking at St. Catherines. Classes are capped at 16 in k and only 4 sections, not 7 + they have a full time assistant in every kindergarten classroom.

My daughter has attended since K she is an up coming 5th grader,my wife is Very involved at school ,we looked at St Cat and Steward..after 5 years we have no doubt we made the right choice for OUR daughter ..Collegiate is first class all the way..I am impressed with the kids I meet and observe. And grads I have known thru the years...I am equally impressed with the involvement of the parents, I have made friends with many and there are some truly nice people there...We feel our daughter along with 'our guidance'will be well prepared for life...Proud parent..

Collegiate is one of the better private schools that I have seen in Richmond and the Tri-Cities. I have known many students that went to this school from K-12 grades. All of the students that currently or formerly attended Collegiate School have been able to make it into the eight private institutions of higher learning (The Ivy League) with the strict education that is taught to the students, and with the guidance of helping them to understand for themselves what school and future major would work for them. I knew of a student who had a particular high school English teacher, M Norman-Risch, (may not still be there) and she said she would challenge the students with work to make them excel, as well as to make them work harder so that they would ask questions wanting to dig deeper to learn more so that they would challenge their brains to it's fullest potential. The athletics are well rounded in all aspects with basketball, baseball, football, lacrosse, wrestling. I believe, even crew. As far as cliques go, you see that in private schools as well as public ones. I attended both private and public educational schools. Collegiate School is a very good private school to attend.

I attended this school in the 80s and I do not know if things have changed since then, but at the time it was very cliquish and quite a few students were spoiled brats. If you did not have the right "pedigree", (upper class family, conformist, West End resident), you were shunned, if not overtly put down, by the students. The faculty was great, but some teachers got away with more than others. It does provide a great education, but some of the students were beyond spoiled.

Our experience with Collegiate School is outstanding. Teachers are so caring, facilities are great. Students and parents are informed about every thing.

The only thing I would add to this school is teachers who have more practice at teaching

Since we have been at Collegate, there is almost nothing negative I could say about it- The facilities are great, the academics are out of this world, but the people are really what make the difference. The teachers are just outstanding, and really care about the students. It really feels like a team effort, and so far, my first grader couldn't be happier, more well adjusted, or more engaged. It really is beyond anything we could have hoped for.

Last modified Collegiate School is a Private school that serves grades K-12