Fox Mill Elementary School 4

Posted April 30, 2014
Fox Mill Elementary is a top notch school on the border of one of the busiest cities in the country. It has hard working, positive minded, dedicated staff and administration. The students hail from a family centered community along with others pulled from across the county to participate in it's renowned Japanese Immersion program.

Posted April 29, 2014
Fox Mill Elementary is a fabulous school with involved parents, caring teachers, and a proactive administration. The active PTA hosts many fun and creative fundraising activities through the year including The Son Challenge, Daughter Dance, Bingo night, and even a big Matsuri, Japanese festival. Our teachers go the distance. I went in last week for a parent-teacher conference and was really impressed how prepared the teachers were to talk with me and how well they understood my child. They are also involved outside of school hours - my sons teacher spent a Saturday afternoon with her students so they could sing at a Cherry Blossom festival and also volunteers with a running club after school. The Principal is great too - a group of parents suggested starting a cultural exchange school in Japan and our Principal has been out-in-front making every effort to get this going!

Posted April 28, 2014
This is a great school with a wonderful supportive community. Your children will receive a great education at this school, whether you choose the Japanese Immersion program or the general track. Great teachers, strong principals and a caring community

Posted April 27, 2014
The best asset of Fox Mill is its community... from dedicated staff and teachers to parent volunteers. Although the school building is old, when entering the school, you can immediately tell that it is well maintained and a reflection of the engaged student body. The principal and teachers are always working to engage students in actual learning and exploration that goes beyond just memorizing facts.

Posted April 27, 2014
Great new principal who is bringing in fresh ideas. Dedicated staff. Very engaged parent volunteers who provide so many opportunities for students, both academic and social.

Posted April 27, 2014
Fox Mill is a great school... it's a warm, fun, safe atmosphere for the kids to learn. Lots of great opportunities to get involved in the classroom and the PTA, which has a great relationship with the school staff.

Posted April 27, 2014
My kids love it... lots of great teachers and lots of parent involvement. They loving seeing me and other adults in the classroom.

Posted April 27, 2014
Amazing Japanese Immersion program. My kids get to learn another language at the same time as they learn math and science. Unique and very worthwhile program.

Posted March 29, 2014
Fox mill is an amazing/brilliant school. My son is slightly hyperactive and needed structure and routine. Since starting at Foxmill his attention span, focus, attitude and all around behaviour is so much improved. The kindergarten teachers have been very communicative about my sons performance at every stage in the school. They are very creative and always kept the kindergarten fun and engaging. I owe a lot of thanks to the kindergarten teachers. My son has completely settled and is developing great. Thank you for bringing out confidence in my child.

Fox Mill Elementary School 2

Posted January 13, 2014
They preach "academic rigor"...but do little to impress with teaching style. If your child's learning style differs from a teachers teaching style, you could be in for a LONG year. Not sure the teacher can, or has attempted to engage our daughters learning style, or many others in the class. We have had similar discussions of difficultly from other parents from the classroom. Biggest issue though it our child has apparently been "recommended" to the School Counselor for lack of focus (5 yr old)...We have yet to hear from ANYONE in the school about it...Our 5 yr old told us. WE asked the teacher (instead of being called or emailed), and we were told the counselor "is supposed to contact you". Been waiting for over a month. Far too much focus on the "Japanese Immersion program" from the administration with very little if any focus on the American Education program. They preach about how great the Japanese Immersion Program is...What about those students not in the Japanese Immersion program? So what I guess? Too bad so sad? Thats how we feel. We are thinking about sending our son to a different school.

Fox Mill Elementary School
2611 Viking Dr, Herndon, VA  20171
Last modified Fox Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Fox Mill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top