Herndon, VA

Oak Hill Elementary School 4

Posted January 30, 2014
I just noticed that the rating went from 9 to 8! What happened? My kid is going to start this Fall and now I am getting concerned....Anyone have any information? Thanks!

Posted August 31, 2013
Excellent school with good leadership. The principal is very motivated, energetic, and focused on leading and improving the school. My children are challenged by their teachers, classmates, and curriculum. Older son is in the advanced academic program -- it's fast-paced and pushes him to work hard! Younger daughter has many opportunities to engage interests in reading, socializing, and art. I love this school and the community it's in! My children are very happy.

Posted July 23, 2012
Our daughter just graduated, and I will still be volunteering at this marvelous neighborhood school. The PTA is indeed first class; walk to school; great teachers and kids; effective administration; fabulous Teaching and Butterfly Gardens. I wish all schools were this good.

Posted August 19, 2010
I had 2 students attend Oak Hill and wished we didn't move so they could still attend. The school atmosphere feels like and extended family. The staff are wonderful and caring and know the children. I had the opportunity to work with the school counselors because my son has ADHD. They were wonderful and the teachers really go the extra mile to make sure the students reach their full potential. PTA is very involved as are most parents.

Posted June 20, 2010
Oak Hill is a wonderful neighborhood school. The principal, Dr. Goodlow, is terrific and is very accessible and attentive to parents and propsective parents. My child is amazingly happy. The PTA is first class and does am amazing job of filling in for budget gaps and fostering school spirit. One of my children is gifted and I cannot imagine sending them anywhere else. Sure there are budget cuts and those can and do hurt, but they still do a really good job with what they have. Best of all? This is a neighborhood school and it's like living in a small town- everyone is friendly and familiar. It's a great school, I dont know of anyone who is unhappy with it.

Posted May 02, 2010
My daughter transferred from Nysmith School and found that this new school was virtually adequate and just as good in any way. We both had our misgivings- the fifth grade 'trailer' classrooms were very small for a large class- but the PTA was fun-inducing and had several activities a month to get together. We enjoyed lots of school spirit until my daughter began to think that Oak Hill was the best. The school promoted 'PAWS' for safety and positive attitude every day, though I think the older kids would have tired of a program meant for preschoolers.

Oak Hill Elementary School 1

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted November 15, 2009
I had two kids transfer from Nysmith School to Oak Hill's GT program, and we never looked back. Oak Hill was so welcoming and enthusastic -- and made special accomodations for my son, who had gotten pretty far ahead in math. Both kids made friends quickly and really felt part of the Oak Hill family. I agree that class size is large, however that is not the school's fault and anyway my kids have had to learn more self-reliance than they learned with small classes and 2 teachers watching over them at Nysmith. We love Oak Hill!

Posted May 09, 2009

Posted August 16, 2008

Oak Hill Elementary School
3210 Kinross Circle, Herndon, VA  20171
Last modified Oak Hill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Oak Hill Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top