Lexington, VA

Posted July 26, 2014
The principal is enthusiastic and knows each child. The teachers are dedicated, hard-working, and kind. We love this place, and have 1 child who went K-5 there and another still attending. Cafeteria lunch is even edible! Some will tell you that you might prefer city schools, but don't be fooled into paying tuition to city schools when you have this top-flight option in the county. Beautiful, remodeled facility that looks modern, open, and inviting. Half of the rooms have gorgeous views of the Blue Ridge Mountains.

Posted May 25, 2013
This school is wonderful! Our daughter has loved going to Kindergarten here. The communication between the school/teachers and parents is wonderful. Our daughter has excelled and we couldn't be happier!

Posted August 06, 2008

Posted March 22, 2006
My children transferred to Central Elementary after having a difficult time at another school. I have been extremely impressed with the principal-very caring, and seems to have a firm handle on what goes on within the school. The teachers have been awesome, my children actually look forward to going to school each morning! They have a welcoming atmosphere, and a nuturing enviroment. They offer a challenging academic program for a public school, and they manage to make it fun for the children. My children have been in a couple of different schools, both public and private, and we have decided that this school is a keeper-our children will definately stay at this school.

Posted May 21, 2004
This is my sons first year at Central elementary school and I have seen the biggest difference in his work he has never made honor roll until this year. He seems to feel very confortable with his teachers. In his past school he was afraid to even ask for help because of their response when students ask for help. I would rate this school a 5 the teachers are great.

Central Elementary School
85 Central Road, Lexington, VA  24450
Last modified Central Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Central Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top