Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

I began my experience at Paul Munro Elementary as a TDT Clinician 3 years ago. Now I’m a parent with two kids at the school soon to be three at PME. The experience at Paul Munro has been beyond amazing. It’s a remarkable school, well managed. The school Principal Mrs. Bear is an exceptional leader with high expectation for the school as well as educational standards of the school. The teachers, staffs and everyone in that building is top-notch people! Individual who care greatly about the kids succeeding and want them to do well regardless if there parent are involve or not. These individual provide a constant support for the student to succeed. They inspire love for learning, my kids love to go to school daily and upset during summer break because school is out. The guidance counselors Mr. Dechant is an exceptional human being, he work diligently to provide a friendly and a bully free atmosphere so the kids can focus on learning without other pressure in the school. Did I forget to say, the teachers are awesome. They take the time to always, yes always, involve the parents, and advise of their children's progress. They have many extracurricular activities available for the kids to help them do well. The also host many family activities throughout the year that make you feel you a part of your child learning and a part of the Paul Munro family. Before you join PME family I would advise you to take a trip to the school, so you can see for you self. You won’t be disappointed.

Amount of homework: Agree

What I appreciated the most was that most of the homework that came home was practice to reinforce what they were working on at school. The homework was never treated as an introduction to a subject or skill..

I had four children attend this school, they were well prepared for middle school. Each my children had the opportunity to taught by caring, creative, and energetic teachers.

We had one child at Munro and it was a very positive experience. So much better than the private schools our other children have attended. Go figure.

I loved it here! Even though I left 5 years ago, the teachers were all really kind, caring, and ready to help. Everyone is really close and the atmosphere is great for young kids!

Great small school with great parents that make sure the kids have everything they need! Thanks to our awesome parents we are able to offer tons of extras like lego robotics, wellness programs, Spanish and they help raise enough money through annual fundraisers to make sure we can get our teachers everything they need. PME is lucky to have some of the best teachers in the city!

Our family moved to the Paul Munro attendance zone just so we could enroll our children in this fantastic school. The principal is outstanding as is the rest of the staff. We are extremely pleased with the wonderful academic experiences and the quality of education our children are receiving. Paul Munro provides an incredible environment for nurturing truly great students.

Our family has had an amazing experience at PM this year. We consider ourselves blessed to live and raise our family in Lynchburg...hard for us to imagine that all we have to do is pay our real estate taxes and we get access to such tremendous teachers and school community for free. Parents opting for private school over this gem clearly live in a different world than our family.

PMES continues to achieve! "Paul Munro Elementary School has earned the 2011 Board of Education Excellence Award, the second highest honor under the Virginia Index of Performance (VIP). Paul Munro met all state and federal achievement benchmarks for two consecutive years and made significant progress toward goals for increased student achievement and expanded educational opportunities set by the board. Three hundred and twenty-three Virginia schools earned this award. Congratulations go out to the Principal, teachers, staff, and students at Paul Munro Elementary." From LCS website report. This is just another example of what our Principal, teachers and staff are doing for our children. The post of 11/22/10 is nonsense, and I am disappointed that another parent would use this forum to express such nonsense. "Huge achievement gap" and "racial lines". Are you kidding me!

Paul Munro Elementary is Lynchburg's best kept secret. It is a small public school where everyone is made to feel welcome . The faculty and staff work as a team to ensure that every child has a successful educational experience. The principal practices an open door policy and encourages parents to take an active role in the school and their children's education. All of my four children have attended Paul Munro. Two have moved on and transitioned successfully to middle and high school. There success can be directly attributed to the excellent educational foundation they received at Paul Munro.

Last modified Paul Munro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.