Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted February 04, 2016
One of my children experienced having trouble with a subject, and she met with my child and I several times, and offered my child help after school. As a result, my child went on to be asuccessful student.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted February 04, 2016
What I appreciated the most was that most of the homework that came home was practice to reinforce what they were working on at school. The homework was never treated as an introduction to a subject or skill..

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
Each of my four children had a skill or subject that did not come easily to them. In all cases they were offered extra help and attention until they "caught on."

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
As much, and as well as any school does. There are certain qualities of character that should and need to be taught by parents.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted February 04, 2016
There were many opportunities for my children to participate in school wide efforts to collect food for the food pantry, to collect water for hurricane victims, school supplies for local children who cannot afford supplies, , to name a few.

Posted February 04, 2016
I had four children attend this school, they were well prepared for middle school. Each my children had the opportunity to taught by caring, creative, and energetic teachers.

Posted December 07, 2015
We had one child at Munro and it was a very positive experience. So much better than the private schools our other children have attended. Go figure.

Posted May 03, 2013
I loved it here! Even though I left 5 years ago, the teachers were all really kind, caring, and ready to help. Everyone is really close and the atmosphere is great for young kids!

Paul Munro Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2011
Great small school with great parents that make sure the kids have everything they need! Thanks to our awesome parents we are able to offer tons of extras like lego robotics, wellness programs, Spanish and they help raise enough money through annual fundraisers to make sure we can get our teachers everything they need. PME is lucky to have some of the best teachers in the city!

Posted July 29, 2011
Our family moved to the Paul Munro attendance zone just so we could enroll our children in this fantastic school. The principal is outstanding as is the rest of the staff. We are extremely pleased with the wonderful academic experiences and the quality of education our children are receiving. Paul Munro provides an incredible environment for nurturing truly great students.

4641 Locksview Rd, Lynchburg, VA  24503
Last modified Paul Munro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.