Lynchburg, VA

Posted May 03, 2013
I loved it here! Even though I left 5 years ago, the teachers were all really kind, caring, and ready to help. Everyone is really close and the atmosphere is great for young kids!

Paul Munro Elementary School 4

Posted November 10, 2011
Great small school with great parents that make sure the kids have everything they need! Thanks to our awesome parents we are able to offer tons of extras like lego robotics, wellness programs, Spanish and they help raise enough money through annual fundraisers to make sure we can get our teachers everything they need. PME is lucky to have some of the best teachers in the city!

Posted July 29, 2011
Our family moved to the Paul Munro attendance zone just so we could enroll our children in this fantastic school. The principal is outstanding as is the rest of the staff. We are extremely pleased with the wonderful academic experiences and the quality of education our children are receiving. Paul Munro provides an incredible environment for nurturing truly great students.

Posted March 18, 2011
Our family has had an amazing experience at PM this year. We consider ourselves blessed to live and raise our family in Lynchburg...hard for us to imagine that all we have to do is pay our real estate taxes and we get access to such tremendous teachers and school community for free. Parents opting for private school over this gem clearly live in a different world than our family.

Posted February 12, 2011
PMES continues to achieve! "Paul Munro Elementary School has earned the 2011 Board of Education Excellence Award, the second highest honor under the Virginia Index of Performance (VIP). Paul Munro met all state and federal achievement benchmarks for two consecutive years and made significant progress toward goals for increased student achievement and expanded educational opportunities set by the board. Three hundred and twenty-three Virginia schools earned this award. Congratulations go out to the Principal, teachers, staff, and students at Paul Munro Elementary." From LCS website report. This is just another example of what our Principal, teachers and staff are doing for our children. The post of 11/22/10 is nonsense, and I am disappointed that another parent would use this forum to express such nonsense. "Huge achievement gap" and "racial lines". Are you kidding me!

Posted March 30, 2010
Paul Munro Elementary is Lynchburg's best kept secret. It is a small public school where everyone is made to feel welcome . The faculty and staff work as a team to ensure that every child has a successful educational experience. The principal practices an open door policy and encourages parents to take an active role in the school and their children's education. All of my four children have attended Paul Munro. Two have moved on and transitioned successfully to middle and high school. There success can be directly attributed to the excellent educational foundation they received at Paul Munro.

Paul Munro Elementary School 0

Posted January 20, 2009
I am a seasoned teacher, though I have only been at Paul Munro a few years, who is thrilled to be in an environment where veteran teachers walk the talk of high expectations and honor each of our wonderful children; they are truly a most creative group of professional teachers. The children here are delightful and new students quickly realize that they are valued and safe in a school where integrity, kindness, and leadership are taught, developed, and expected. There is little teacher turnover because our children rise to our expectations, as evidenced by our consistently high test scores and strong student motivation. Our enthusiastic students show they value these achievements through their respect that they afford their teachers and classmates, making Paul Munro a delightful working environment. In addition, we have a professional, compassionate principal who clearly cares about each of our children. I feel so proud to be a small part of such a great school.

Posted December 05, 2008
I have been thrilled with Paul Munro. My daughter attended PMES and is now in 7th grade and I currently have a son in 4th grade. The low student/teacher ratio, the dedication of the teachers, the commitment of a new principal all serve to make PMES an outstanding school and the best kept secret in Lynchburg. I have subbed a great deal at PMES and have never found the teachers to be cold only helpful and supportive. I have found the principal to be receptive to feedback and input both from me as a parent and a substitute. My only question to the other parent/sub is why do you even substitute there if you dislike it so much?

Paul Munro Elementary School 0

Posted November 11, 2008
I'm not sure where these people have been going!! I have found that all of my concerns have fallen on deaf ears with Mrs. Baer. Most of the teacher seem cold. I have listened to them berate children daily in the lounge(I sub often). This school is only good for 'neighborhood'children. There is no diversity, leadership, community, I could go on and on.

Posted August 26, 2007
This will be the only year that I have all three of my children at Paul Munro Elementary. They are in grades 5, 3 and K. I love the small student/teacher ratio, the music program - both violin and resource music instruction, as well as the accelerated reading program. Although the principal is new at PMES, she has implemented some great programs and her 'open door policy' is to be commended. I have been excited to watch the parent involvement across social, economic and cultural lines. Their motto is 'We are Family' and this truly speaks to the atmosphere.

Paul Munro Elementary School
4641 Locksview Rd, Lynchburg, VA  24503
Last modified Paul Munro Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul Munro Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top