Bad
Good

Perrymont Elementary School 1

Posted September 24, 2013
We moved here from another state & have had nothing good come out of the perrymont school. Upon our arrival they flat out refused to help us enroll our son, making us wait 9 months later when school started again before we could enroll him. There is no communication between the so-called principal & vice principal or teachers. We have had to force them to involve us into what's going on with our son. Today I received a visit from the cops because a week ago I caught one of the instructional assistants singling out my son & screaming at him, so I told her to leave him alone & went straight to the principal & now I'm the bad guy?!? The assistant was supposedly talked to, but I doubt it. I also received a visit from the truancy officer today asking why my son hasn't been in school for weeks...this was news to me since he has only missed 4 days of school because of the school not wanting him there. We pulled him out today & will be filling a complaint against this school. they only give the kindergarten one single ten minute recess per day & expect them to sit perfectly still for 6 1/2 hours, and when they can't they get suspended. Great wanna be military school that can't pass SOL's

Posted June 14, 2010
Moved here from South Carolina, and chose to live in Fort Hill based on the reputation of Perrymont Elementary. We have been really happy with the entire educational experience. The teachers have been awesome! Easy to contact and open communication. Good principal and good leadership. Especially love the small classroom size ( approx. 14 students). our child is excelling at Perrymont Elementary.

Posted June 11, 2010
Both my children go to Perrymont and they have received an excellent eduation. My daughter is considered gifted and she has got one on one tutoring in reading and math. The principal is great and the school is run very smoothly.

Posted April 27, 2010
Perrymont Elementary has been a wonderful school. My son is finishing up Kindergarten there, and we have had an awesome year! Great teachers and support staff, Dedicated PTO parents, and nice facility with lots of green space for the students to have outdoor education and play. I've been so pleased! We're already looking forward to 1st grade as Perrymont Panthers!

Perrymont Elementary School
409 Perrymont Ave, Lynchburg, VA  24502
Last modified Perrymont Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.