Bad
Good

William M. Bass Elementary School 1

Posted December 03, 2013
I had the great displeasure of substitute teaching in this school earlier this year. I came in hopeful since the program I graduated from at Liberty University really pumped up this school. I was subbing for a kindergarten classroom. First of all, I hate that the school is 3 floors - I had no idea where anything was and no one helped me to figure it out. At most other schools, they give first time subs a map. Furthermore, the children were awful and undisciplined. It felt like hell on earth. I never gained control over the classroom. I reached out to both the principal and another male staff member for help, which was a big deal because I never ask administration/other teachers for help while subbing. I was brushed off. I was reduced to tears before the end of the day. I was supposed to come back the next day, but I told them I would not be returning. I will never sub at Bass Elementary again. Furthermore, I would never in a million years want to be employed there full-time or send my own children there.

William M. Bass Elementary School 1

Posted January 19, 2011
oh yes, Bass is such a wonderful school ~ thats why my child is picked on and comes home with unreported bruises. what a joke of a school. Also, my child's teacher "punishes" her students when the parents dont sign papers and return to school. Her way of taking action is to "out" all of these students in her class by lining them up and watching the other kids be rewarded. if thats called "commitment" then i need to go back to school myself. If you have a choice in the matter, this would be the last school on my list for my children to be a part of.

William M. Bass Elementary School

Posted March 02, 2009
I have taught in this sytem for over thirty years and have been in several schools. All of our schools are good but, I have first-hand knowledge of the committment Bass teachers have for their students which makes this an extraordinary school. Never have so many done so much with so little. Our tests scores are great and our staff loves what they do. Our students know that we are always there for them and it makes a terrific difference.

William M. Bass Elementary School
1730 Seabury Ave, Lynchburg, VA  24501
Last modified William M. Bass Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.