PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)

Develops respect: Strongly agree

Posted November 06, 2015
I believe it develops respect in it students through its environment, honor code, mentoring program and by example from teacher, faculty and administration.

Posted November 06, 2015
My child is safe- both physically and emotionally. The environment for hands-on, real-world learning has been active since preschool.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 06, 2015
With Portrait of a Graduate, we see what the school is doing to help grow my child's moral compass-- within a school day!

Posted April 28, 2014
It is such a blessing to have Carlisle School in our community. The peace of mind that my husband and I receives from the decision we made to send our children there is truly priceless. Not only is the quality of education second to none, it also offers so many opportunities and programs to bring out that special quality or gift in your child. For example, one day while in music class practicing for the third grade play, my son Chandler was sitting on the stage beating his shoes with pencils while waiting for his part. The teacher noticed this and instead of telling him to stop, she asked if he could beat the drums to one of the songs in the play. What? I really didn't know what to think or say. After building MY nerve up, Chandler played the drums to Hakuna Matata. And eventho me and his dad stood during the entire song,(fortunately we were in the back), he did so well! All eyes were on him and the performers. This brought out confidence and encouragement in our son that otherwise may have remained dormant. I am so happy to share this story. This meant a lot to us. I truly feel when your child attends a school such as Carlisle, you are welcomed into one big happy family.

Posted October 04, 2013
Coming from a student that just recently graduated. This school cares more about money than it does education.

Posted June 16, 2013
From the perspective of a student who attended Carlisle from pres-school though to graduation, I can say that Carlisle is not in any way, shape or form, worth the money paid for it over that time. They use an outdated method of teaching, have few truly qualified teachers, and adhere to a very political system of getting things done. If your family did not contribute to the building of a new building on campus or purchase equipment for a sports team, expect a rough time. The kids of the parents who do provide such things have free reign of the school whilst other kids will be reprimanded for the slightest thing. Extreme discrimination against those who did not come from high net worth families made for a tense environment at all times, and teachers for the most part were uncaring. I would recommend that you send your children either to a much more qualified private school, such as one in Roanoke or Greensboro, both roughly an hour away. Not worth the elitist attitude nor the poor level or college preparation. Many, and I do mean many students end up accepted to third rate institutions, and drop out quickly, meanwhile Carlisle uses this to say it has 100% "college placement rates.

Posted August 28, 2012
At the beginning they were unprofessionally so concerned about the $65 application fee for my kindergartener. After our meeting they kept us waiting to enroll my son for a while. Since we were moving to Danville from another place and were close to the new school year, I gave them a deadline to respond. They got upset and claimed that my brilliant almost 6 years old child was not ready for kindergarten!!!?? He was one of the best in his preschool class. I can see from the previous comment that they have students with ADHD, ADD,..!! A resource in town told us that once their classes are full they try to collect money as "application fee" as much as they could! My husband and I are so pleased to got to know these people and their system just on time. Submitted by a parent

Carlisle School 4

Posted February 24, 2009
A very good school, however I do not feel they have many staff members quilified to deal with children with ADHD, ADD and some other disabilities. I would highly recommend this school for other type students.

Posted October 27, 2008
This is a superb school offering an IB curriculum and a comprensive selection of athletics and great arts. If you are looking for an excellent all-around product and great value for money, this is it. Lots of diversity, excellent college placements, boarding and day.One of the top up-and-coming independent schools in VA.

Posted September 13, 2008
This school offers a holistic and challenging scholastic environment and prepares one exceptionally well for university. The school is currently, and with a large degree of success, increasing its enrollment of international students which has greatly diversified its student body. There is however still polarization among the have and the have-nots as well as among new students and those that have been enrolled since pre-k.

300 Carlisle Rd, Martinsville, VA  24115