Newport News, VA

Posted August 24, 2014
This school cares about my children. They have a new principal this year, Mrs. Hinton. I look forward to getting to know her. She was the AP for the past two years and I saw her at all of the events. She knows lots of the children and she encourages them to do their best. These teachers welcome parents to visit their classrooms anytime they want for a 20-30 min. stay. I love this school!

Posted October 26, 2013
We have had such an amazing experience at Kiln Creek Elementary. The PTA is wonderful and organizes many fun activities for the kids each year. The staff is very competent and friendly. I love that parents are able to sit in and observe a teachers classroom and make teacher requests for the following year. We are a military family and are sad to be leaving such a great school.

Posted March 03, 2013
i have a son 5th grade who has autism all i can say is we will miss this school when he leaves and goes to middle..... his teacher is great, LOVING and cares alot about her students . we will go back every now and than to see the teachers that has help my son bloom into this smart , outgoing student .. thank you kiln creek .. Michelle& Kewan B

Posted August 26, 2011
KIln Creek is an Awesome school! My daughter is going on her fourth year at the school and my son starts kindergarten this coming school year. The school is clean and well kept, the principal and staff are fully engaged in everything that's going on with the students and in the community. My daughter's teachers have been great...they are very nurturing and focused on the student learning and retaining the information as opposed to just learning information for a test. I love the fact that the principal allows parents to visit the classrooms anytime and observe...parents can also request a teacher for the next school year. Everyone that I've talked to receive one of their top 3 choices. I've never heard of any other school doing that. The PTA is very active and involved. They have a ton of great programs and they do a great job of communicating upcoming events and information. I lloked at a lot of schools when i moved to the area and Kiln Creek is by far the BEST...I'm sad that we will be moving after this school year. I know that I will not find another school that match the staff and education that my daughter received at this school.

Posted August 26, 2011
Our family experience with Kiln Creek has been an exceptional one. The "whole" staff I feel is competent and I truley trust in their ability to provide children with a strong foundation that will help them succeed in their pathway that they will travel. I also feel the staff is concerned with all the childrens needs and use only the best practices in the care of those children.

Posted August 26, 2011
The 2010-2011 school year was our first experience at Kiln Creek Elementary School. I found the teaching and nursing staff to be greatly concerned with the growth and development of the students with a mixture of teaching methods being used. That the teachers encouraged the student's to their fullest potential. That the nursing staff were very concerned with the safety and well being of the students.

Kiln Creek Elementary School 1

Posted August 14, 2011
We have had alot of issues with this school. My daughter switched school shortly after starting her kindergarten year. In her first class at this school there were many issues and we requested a different teacher. We had to fight tooth and nail to get a new teacher even though the issues were found to be caused by the teacher. Upon getting a 2nd teacher, things got better until my daughter fell on the playground. Her top teeth went through her lip, and her teeth were knocked loose. I did not receive a phone call, a note, NOTHING.. My daughters teeth have been lose for 5 months now thanks to this. My husband and I went into the office, only for the principal and the nurse to make excuses as to why I was not notified.. This principal only seems interested in being there for the money, rather them being there for the students. A few teachers definitely need to be reevaluated and some things need to change GREATLY. There is definitely favoritism among students. The bathrooms have been written with VERY inappropriate things for children with nothing done by the school to fix the issues to the last of my knowledge.

Kiln Creek Elementary School 2

Posted June 30, 2011
I can't speak to the entire school but my child absolutely hated getting up every morning and going to her 3rd grade class and my son's teacher had him reassigned to Enterprise after only a few days in her class. The leadership is also terrible. The principal seemed to let this particular teacher do whatever she wanted.

Posted June 21, 2011
We love our school. My kids are eager to go each day. They paerticipate in the Accelerated Reader program and the daily jogging program. My daughter was just recognized for earning 6 bee tokens in the 4Bees of Behavior Program. This is a great way to recognize kids for being kind, safe, cooperative and respectful at school. I hope we can stay here until all three of our children finish 5th grade.

Posted May 25, 2010
The school has won the Healthy Virginian's award (Bronze and Silver)for the past two years. Students participate in daily recess and have walked hundreds of miles on the track. Students earn small jogging shoes each time they walk/run a mile. My students all have earned at least 20 shoes this year.

Kiln Creek Elementary School
1501 Kiln Creek Pkwy, Newport News, VA  23602
Last modified Kiln Creek Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Kiln Creek Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 24 reviews. Top