Horace H. Epes Elementary School 5

Posted September 25, 2014
My son attended Epes for kindergarden and 1st grade and I must say that I miss this school. The teachers were awesome and worked hard to make sure their students learned, Out of all the teachers that my son has had, I remember the teachers at Epes the most. There was no favoritism shown to any student and the principle is always seen working throughout the school and engaging in what the teachers and students where doing. The office staff are so friendly and the school itself is very clean and well maintained on the inside. There is always a PTA table at every event and they make everyone feel welcomed to join. Excellent school, can't say enough about it,

Horace H. Epes Elementary School 5

Posted May 20, 2014
This is my grandson's first year at Epes as a Kindergartener. I have been very pleased with his progress, both academically and socially. He loves his teacher and assistant, and looks forward to going to school every day. As an observer of the teachers and staff at Epes, I see people who are caring and friendly, as well as supportive of parent involvement. Students appear orderly and respectful. As a retired educator from NNPS, I know that the success of a school depends on everyone! The more involved parents are in their child's education, the more successful the learning experiences will be.

Horace H. Epes Elementary School 1

Posted February 17, 2012
We are a military family and we have seen our fair share of schools during my husbands 17 year career. I have to say that Epes takes the cake for the worst. I am not going to label all teachers but I can say that my daughters teacher who has somehow managed to teach for 30+ years is one of the most impatient, non-understanding, and rude people I have met. She calls the children out in front of the class, reads the agenda (notes from parents) in front of the class, curses in class. I have spoke to the principle and she is not concerned or involved whatsoever. She was suppose to return a call a few times and never did. They do not seem to care about the children or parents concerns at all. If teachers no longer enjoy teaching then get out of it ... *WAITING ON SUPERMAN IN NEWPORT NEWS VA*

Horace H. Epes Elementary School 2

Posted September 10, 2007

Horace H. Epes Elementary School 4

Posted March 24, 2006

Horace H. Epes Elementary School
855 Lucas Creek Rd, Newport News, VA  23608
Last modified Horace H. Epes Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Horace H. Epes Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top