PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Posted May 18, 2015
My children just finished their first year at DBCS in the full day 3 year old and 5 year old classes. They absolutely loved going to school and we, as parents, haven't had a single complaint. We have been so impressed with their academic and spiritual growth. The teachers have been such a blessing. They truly care about their students and go above and beyond to create a welcoming, safe classroom envionment.

Posted May 16, 2015
DBCS has been a vital part of our son's education. He is getting ready to enter high school and is very excited to be able to take challenging courses that carry college credits. Knowing he will be surrounded by Christian leaders committed to each student's success, both in school and in their walk with Christ, we are confident he is in the best school around!

Posted April 23, 2015
I wanted to correct a typo that I just made in my previous post! :) I meant to say, " They have equipped her not only with her foundation blocks but they have also helped her discover her christian foundations"! Thank you! This school has done a great job nurturing her and also cares about the family unit as a whole!

Posted April 22, 2015
I am currently a nursing student at Liberty University and am also a graduate of Denbigh Baptist Christian School. I began my 13 years at DBCS when I was in kindergarten and worked my way through the school to my senior year in 2012. I would not trade my academic career for any other private of public school. Here's why: The environment is unlike anything else. The teachers are uplifting and they care for you. I mean truly care. Weekly, the teachers meet in the chapel and pray for every student. Academics were also extremely important to me because I knew the road ahead of me was going to be arduous. DBCS prepared me by providing dual enrollment classes through Thomas Nelson Community College my junior and senior year. Those credits I took in the DBCS classroom tranferred to Liberty University and gave me a jump start in my college education. The school cares for one another as their own. One would say it is like a family. When one goes down, the rest of the school meets them where they are at and helps them stand again.

Posted April 22, 2015
As grandparents of 2 graduates and 1 present student, we have observed the quality of their Christ centered education. Presently one of these grandchildren has graduated from Cedarville University and the other is attending Liberty University. They were well prepared for college. As educators ourselves, we have viewed not only their academic preparation but the character that they have learned.

Posted April 22, 2015
If you are looking for affordable, quality education in a loving, safe environment where teachers come along side parents and help instill Christian values than DBCS is the place to go. We are a military family and it is hard to find a place to call home each time we move. My children have been attending DBCS since elementary school and we have found a way to extend our time in Norfolk in order for our children to keep attending DBCS, hopefully through graduation. The teachers not only care about the academic needs of their students, but also their spiritual and personal life as well. My children have solid friendships, excel in their classwork and participate in the fine arts and sports programs. Many of their teachers have sacrificed their own personal time to attend extracurricular activities, give before and after school tutoring, host outside socials, or lead a Bible study. If we stay in the area through graduation, DBCS will have more than prepared my children for any university of their choice. While there are many options for Christian education in the Hampton Roads area, at DBCS you will not only be part of a great school, but you will also extend your family.

Posted October 08, 2014
Love this school and every elementary school teacher. The staff is loving, devoted, and faithfull to their mission and God. A blessing to our whole family.

Posted April 25, 2014
Great school! My son is in 1st grade and has some attitude issues,they work with him and help him focus,he has straight A's and is doing awesome,he likes the school and will send him back. Next year.

Posted May 09, 2013
DBCS is a school where the Faculty and Staff all are there to assist the children both in achieving academic excellence but and spiritual success. I am proud to have my children in a school that has teaches these values and would recommend this school to any parents looking to have their children achieve academic excellence with Christian Values at the same time.

Denbigh Baptist Christian School 1

Posted August 29, 2012
DBCS is very consistent about discipline. When a rule is broken, the student gets a demerit. Unless their parent works for the school or attends the church. If an athlete fails a class they are removed from their sports team. Unless the team is losing and they are a star player, or their parent works for the school, goes to the church, or complains enough. All faculty, volunteers and coaches have to sign a statement of faith. Unless the school can't find anyone else to volunteer, or they really need to win next year at the Metro conference, then they don't bother with that. All kids are treated and accepted the same. Unless they are different, new, or transferred in from public school.

Denbigh Baptist Christian School
13010 Mitchell Point Road, Newport News, VA  23602
Last modified Denbigh Baptist Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12