PK-12|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Effective

Posted July 29, 2015
My daughter had attended Norfolk Christian since she was in first grade. She is entering 6th grade this year and we have had a wonderful experience thus far. NCS is so much more than a school...it is more like a family. The teachers treat the children with love and respect and work to discover and celebrate each child's unique skills and talents. The environment is nurturing and my daughter is thriving. I consider my tuition money well spent as my daughter is learning in an environment that is supportive, builds her character as well as her knowledge, and is free from some of the distractions in other schools (bullying, fighting, drugs, etc.).

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 29, 2015
Biblical teachings and character development are an integral part of the educational experience. Students are expected to be respectful to one another and to demonstrate positve character traits in their words and actions.

Posted July 29, 2015
My daughter, who is 11 and entering 6th grade, has been at Norfolk Christian since 1st grade. During that time Norfolk Christian has been much more than a school to us. The teachers and faculty treat the children with love and respect and we have never had an issue with the children mistreating each other. Character development, knowledge of God's word and a solid academic underpinning make Norfolk Christian a wonderful place for my child to grow, learn and thrive!

Posted December 22, 2014
A college prep level education with a Christian world view. NCS has been a perfect fit for me, my wife and my children. My children are well prepared for college and for life; academically, physically and spiritually. The children's maturity and grounding in the Lord has developed far beyond my expectations largely as a result of the education that they have received at Norfolk Christian Schools.

Posted December 20, 2014
I have two daughters that attend Norfolk Christian and they both love it. One of the best things about the school is the dedication of the teachers. They are amazing and are completely dedicated to helping the kids receive an excellent education in a Christian environment. We as parents feel a great sense of community throughout the school and feel like there is no better place that our kids could be at school. Check it out, it really is a great place for your kids!

Posted December 19, 2014
We LOVE Norfolk Christian. We have three children, all whom have attended NCS since they were elementary school age. All three have different learning styles and all three have thrived there. The academics are top-notch but, by far, the more important factor for us has been that all three have grown exponentially in their faith. Most faculty members go above and beyond to nurture their students and hold themselves to a very high standard. Over the years that we have been a part of this community we have seen a lot of changes but most have been for the good. There are still a few teachers who are not as strong as others but that is true in every school. I am really surprised by some of the negative reviews on this site...what the have said has not been our experience at all. I suggest visiting the school and take a tour. It is a special place!

Norfolk Christian Schools 1

Posted December 05, 2014
After two years, I can no longer recommend this school to anyone. They care more about money and competing with schools out of their league, than they do about their families. They have made some drastic decisions, terminating excellent teachers, and forcing assessments and strict performance. It used to be about family, now it's just about money.

Norfolk Christian Schools 3

Posted October 26, 2014
NCS is a good school that still needs to grow and embrace diversity more in the student body, staff, and faculty. As a member of the NCS community, it can be very difficult for new students who have had no prior affiliation with the school to fit in and feel at home as well as employees who come more diverse ethnicities or from outside the long-time alumni and parent base. NCS is also be a very loving place where children can grow deeply in their understanding of and love for Christ. It is also a school community that can alienate and be judgemental without seeking to understand or accept the truth about the schools shortcomings. Overall, NCS IS A SCHOOL TO BE PROUD OF, and like anything built by human beings, still is a work in progress.

Norfolk Christian Schools 1

Posted May 28, 2014
I dislike the school, I currently go there and they have a mindset of how a christian should be and if you are not how they think you should be they are very judgmental and hurtful. The children their are very rude and it is hard to make friends because its such a small school and the majority of the kids have been "besties" since pre-k so its hard to fit in and feel at home.

Posted September 17, 2013
I am not only an alum of Norfolk Christian (after all 12 years), I am now a parent of 2 students in middle and high school, and I could not be happier. I was a little shocked at a couple of the reviews here but I guess there will never be 100% love for anything! They are certainly not representative of the parent body. I also went to school when there was no ac in the high school but that was fixed in the 80's so I'm a little puzzled by that odd rant. And I can only think of one reason a parent would not receive a report card and that is because money is due for something. I have worked with all three principals at NCS and no one would ever be denied their children's grades, especially for 3 years running. Norfolk Christian was a great place when I was there (even un-air-conditioned!) and is even better now. Loving teachers, awesome curriculum and AP classes in upper grades, great athletics. I wouldn't dream of sending my kids elsewhere.

255 Thole Street, Norfolk, VA  23505
Last modified Norfolk Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12