Norfolk, VA

Posted December 22, 2014
A college prep level education with a Christian world view. NCS has been a perfect fit for me, my wife and my children. My children are well prepared for college and for life; academically, physically and spiritually. The children's maturity and grounding in the Lord has developed far beyond my expectations largely as a result of the education that they have received at Norfolk Christian Schools.

Posted December 20, 2014
I have two daughters that attend Norfolk Christian and they both love it. One of the best things about the school is the dedication of the teachers. They are amazing and are completely dedicated to helping the kids receive an excellent education in a Christian environment. We as parents feel a great sense of community throughout the school and feel like there is no better place that our kids could be at school. Check it out, it really is a great place for your kids!

Posted December 19, 2014
We LOVE Norfolk Christian. We have three children, all whom have attended NCS since they were elementary school age. All three have different learning styles and all three have thrived there. The academics are top-notch but, by far, the more important factor for us has been that all three have grown exponentially in their faith. Most faculty members go above and beyond to nurture their students and hold themselves to a very high standard. Over the years that we have been a part of this community we have seen a lot of changes but most have been for the good. There are still a few teachers who are not as strong as others but that is true in every school. I am really surprised by some of the negative reviews on this site...what the have said has not been our experience at all. I suggest visiting the school and take a tour. It is a special place!

Posted December 05, 2014
After two years, I can no longer recommend this school to anyone. They care more about money and competing with schools out of their league, than they do about their families. They have made some drastic decisions, terminating excellent teachers, and forcing assessments and strict performance. It used to be about family, now it's just about money.

Norfolk Christian Schools 3

Posted October 26, 2014
NCS is a good school that still needs to grow and embrace diversity more in the student body, staff, and faculty. As a member of the NCS community, it can be very difficult for new students who have had no prior affiliation with the school to fit in and feel at home as well as employees who come more diverse ethnicities or from outside the long-time alumni and parent base. NCS is also be a very loving place where children can grow deeply in their understanding of and love for Christ. It is also a school community that can alienate and be judgemental without seeking to understand or accept the truth about the schools shortcomings. Overall, NCS IS A SCHOOL TO BE PROUD OF, and like anything built by human beings, still is a work in progress.

Posted May 28, 2014
I dislike the school, I currently go there and they have a mindset of how a christian should be and if you are not how they think you should be they are very judgmental and hurtful. The children their are very rude and it is hard to make friends because its such a small school and the majority of the kids have been "besties" since pre-k so its hard to fit in and feel at home.

Posted September 17, 2013
I am not only an alum of Norfolk Christian (after all 12 years), I am now a parent of 2 students in middle and high school, and I could not be happier. I was a little shocked at a couple of the reviews here but I guess there will never be 100% love for anything! They are certainly not representative of the parent body. I also went to school when there was no ac in the high school but that was fixed in the 80's so I'm a little puzzled by that odd rant. And I can only think of one reason a parent would not receive a report card and that is because money is due for something. I have worked with all three principals at NCS and no one would ever be denied their children's grades, especially for 3 years running. Norfolk Christian was a great place when I was there (even un-air-conditioned!) and is even better now. Loving teachers, awesome curriculum and AP classes in upper grades, great athletics. I wouldn't dream of sending my kids elsewhere.

Posted March 02, 2012
This is a wonderful school! My children love it! They enjoy their classes and the teachers are the best!

Norfolk Christian Schools 4

Posted December 22, 2010
I just want to give shout out for the students that actually did like Norfolk Christian! I went there from 4th-12th grade and actually loved it. The classes are difficult and I always felt challenged and I really enjoyed essentially all of my teachers. A lot of the drama is there, but I aimed to just try to rise above it a little, ignore it and just focus on academics. I do have to say that it was hard taking bible classes there because it turns your faith, i believe, into schoolwork and it becomes so much less of a relationship with God and more of a task. Other than that it's a great school and i'm glad with how tremendously its growing athletically, and literally with new buildings.

Posted May 14, 2010
I've been a student here for a long time. And if you want an administration that shoves their beliefs down your throat and tries to turn everyone into their idea of a Christian, go here. But I doubt you want that. The administration has an idea in their head of what a Christian should be. And if you don't fit that , then they think it's their mission to get you to be like that - like them. The administration is insanely political. Certain wealthy families rule the school board and can basically make the administration do whatever they want - because they provide money. The tuition is incredibly high, but the classes are lacking and the teachers barely get paid. Where does the tuition money go? I still don't understand that. The Christianity displayed here is fake and judging and closeminded. My kids will NEVER go here.

Norfolk Christian Schools
255 Thole Street, Norfolk, VA  23505
Last modified Norfolk Christian Schools is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Norfolk Christian Schools Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 20 reviews. Top