Posted August 20, 2014
My daughter just finished her first year as a 6th grader. She has had an excellent year. Not only did she learn to love language arts and science, she was guided through computer technology use. Socially, the class was very welcoming and kind. Small class size seemed to make it harder for cliques to form and sports are open to all-no cuts. Teachers were caring and held her to high standards. Teacher conferences were easily scheduled online three times/year. Communications from/with the school are excellent. Easy-to-work-with staff and friendly administration. Looking forward to another great year, even if it will be the tough 7th grade.

Posted December 17, 2012
I am currently going tothis school and it has been an awesome experiance! This is my last year here and gradutation to come will be a bitter sweet event. I dont want to leave The Williams School but I do want to move on and fullfill my dreams, i am positive that The Williams School is and will be a big chunk in how I succeed. For all those who are thinking about sending your child there you should DEFINATLEY do it!! "Honors Before Honors"- The motto is so right and every student abides by it. ~Micayla Gooden ~ 8th Grade ~ Age:14~ The Williams School`

The Williams School 2

Posted December 20, 2011
I went to this school from 1st until 8th grade. I am now a Junior in college and have made the dean's list 3 out of 4 semesters. Although my Williams Experience was pretty good the school has deeply dropped off since then. Bart Baldwin was the best headmaster anybody could ask for but after he left the school just started welcoming in students that had lots of money in their family rather the child was smart or not. Most of the children had very many social issues and could not keep up with the real world at any point. The teachers also played favorites and told the students how hard high school was actually going to be. I went to another private high school and it wasnot easier but the amount of homework was much more reasonable. There is obviously a reason why the teachers that had been teaching there for over ten years left the school. If you are looking to send your child to a private school and get a good social experience I would much more recommend Norfolk Collegiate or Norfolk Academy. i am sorry to say to say that this school has gone down the tubes and is not the family experienc it used to once be

Posted June 13, 2011
I went to the Williams School for 5 years and loved it. I liked that everybody there was like family. We had fun while getting a very good education that got me ready for my school I am going to right now. I also like that TWS is in two old but nice houses because it makes the school more home-y and makes kids feel less nervous about starting there. They have a big/little thing where starting in 5th grade you get a buddy that is in kindergarten or 1st grade and you help them read and get used to the longer days and school atmosphere. It goes on to when the 8th graders are bigs to the 4th graders. It's really worth it to go there and get the education and family feeling that the Williams School provides for you

Posted February 21, 2011
My daughter graduated from TWS and benefited immensly by the academic preparation she received. We have another daughter, who is receiving a great education as well. The teachers at TWS are there for the students, whether to tutor or talk to them, they are involved in the students life. The parents are welcomed and many events are sponsored to involve the parents more. Extended family is also welcomed. The leadership has been an important part of the schools success and we are sorry for the upcoming changes. However we are hopeful that the traditions and ideas will continue onto the next chapter of TWS.

Posted March 25, 2010
The Williams School continues to exceed my already high expectations. It has challenged my kids academically (they are being taught curricula above their respective grade levels in courses in which they are ready for more!), provided a great athletic program for my 5th grade son in which he's already playing on some of the school's sports teams, and encouraged them to be respectful and knowledgeable citizens of our world. All of this in a truly unique environment in which everyone is like family. I love the kids, the teachers, the faculty and the parents...and our school dog!

Posted March 22, 2010
Williams has been the perfect school for our children. The teachers, staff, and head of school have positively influenced all aspects of our children's lives. Their growth has been amazing both academically and socially. You need to look beyond the fact that the school is small. The opportunities offered to all students are much more expansive than one might think could be offered in such a home like, family setting. The values taught are of the highest ideals and truly speak to the school's motto of 'Honor before Honors'. I believe that our children will be successful both in school and in their lives because of the experience they are having at The Williams School.

Posted January 27, 2010

The Williams School 0

Posted July 14, 2009
Williams is a great school. I went there from kingdergarten through eighth grade. The classes were small, which is really fun when you in elementary school, but gets annoying when you in middle school. Everyone in my class got along and were all friends. While I was a student at Williams, I never thought that my classes were very hard or challenging, b/c i didn't know anything else. However, when i got to high school, I realized how ahead and more prepared I was then my peers. My freshman and most of my sophomore years were great b/c i never stressed out about school, due to the strong foundation Williams gave me. People from Academy, Collegiate, and Blair would joke us alot, but I think they were just jealous! Oh, and we went to Disney World in eighth grade...pretty cool.

Posted February 23, 2009
Excellent school in every way!

The Williams School