Norfolk, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted October 11, 2014
I was a student until the chairman board closed the high school. They LIED and said that they were fully accredited but they are not. I wasted time and money going to the school. I am an eleventh grader but now I may not graduate on time because they are not accredited through the state of virginia. If you are a parent with a child going there or plaining to send them there please reconsider. I personally believe that they may fully close within the next 2 years.

Posted May 12, 2014
I was greatly disappointed to hear that the school is no longer offering middle or high school classes. The highlight of being walked through the initial admissions process (before she or us knew about the change) was Barbara, who has been there for 30 years. It broke her heart and ours. I feel bad for the middle and high school students that now have to fund alternative education. I wish I could write a good report with what I have encountered, I wish all involved who no longer have a job or schooling the best of luck.

Posted April 28, 2014
Ryan academy of Norfolk WAS a great school with friendly and encouraging teachers. But now the school is deteriorating and quite frankly, the teachers don't care anymore. the quality of teaching lacked and never rose back up.

Posted January 07, 2014
am an alumni from the first graduating class back in 1976 when our class had only 4 graduating seniors. I went on to ODU and graduated and have had a great career in the medical field for 28+years. It was a great school then as it is now and I also had 2 brothers graduate from here as well. The school really prepares you for your future.

Posted September 11, 2013
this is my students 6th year and very exciting to see the computer lab and the new biology lab.Tonight at Back to school night the kids where so excited to show off new things and new friends.We are not related but we are one big happy family!

Posted June 19, 2013
I had two children in this school-over six years. The education is top-notch. The building is older, but the teachers/staff are fantastic. The curriculum is very demanding and students not willing to WORK will not do well- the school demands engaged students and parents, and that is not a fit for every family. It is academically challenging in every section (Lower, Middle, and Upper), but if a student wishes to do well, they have every opportunity. The faculty is superb; they are willing to devote extra time to each and every student, should the student wish to take advantage. My kids played sports and had coaches who taught a love of sport and a respect for players and the game. Ryan provides a wonderful environment for learning, as well as focusing on character growth as an individual. When you walk inside the doors of this school, you can immediately tell that it is some place special.

Ryan Academy of Norfolk 4

Posted June 04, 2013
Ryan Academy is a small, independent school offering a college preparatory, 1st through 12th grade experience to as wide a cross section of families as possible. We have a family-like atmosphere that allows us to work with individual students to move them through our shared curriculum. Our graduates are accepted at virtually any college / university in the region, and typically do very well.

Posted June 04, 2013
My son attended Norfolk Public Schools through eighth grade. He has always had difficulty with a learning environment that consists of approximately 30 students per classroom. Because my child was NOT a behavior problem, no one addressed his inability to focus and learn in such a large environment. We enrolled in Ryan Academy for the 2012-2013 school year, and I can honestly so that we have NO regrets. My son was able to focus and learn with a small class size (10 students). The administrative and teaching staff at Ryan Academy are extremely approachable and receptive. I am so impressed by all aspects of Ryan Academy that I volunteer in all activities at the school and serve on the PTO board. It is a small school where everyone knows each other and works together effectively for the good of the students. I would recommend Ryan Academy to anyone looking for a private school where learning is the primary reason for enrolling in a private setting and not as heavy an emphasis on economic status as some of the other private schools in Norfolk are known for,

Ryan Academy of Norfolk 4

Posted June 03, 2013
The teachers are wonderful. It's not a perfect school but what school is? My child gets the one on one attention from the teachers. Which is what my child needs. I would and have recommend this school. It is a small school and it would be nice to see more students, but the administration seems to trying to make things better each year from a mess that was handed to them a few years ago. My child came to that school with low self esteem and the children immediatley treated with respect and dignitiy. It is a family enviroment and I want to say "Thank You" for keeping my child safe and giving my child the opportunity to grow and excel!

Posted June 03, 2013
The school could inprove by having a days and b days like pulbic schools do. One thing I like about Ryan is the small class sizes

Ryan Academy of Norfolk
844 Jerome Ave, Norfolk, VA  23518
Last modified Ryan Academy of Norfolk is a Private school that serves grades 1-12
Ryan Academy of Norfolk Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top