PK-8|Private
School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The vision of OVCA is to Glorify God by helping students fulfill their potential, both physically and spiritually, in a nurturing Christ-centered environment. We strive to accomplish this through educational excellence and imparting the knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. The mission of OVCA is: To equip students spiritually, intellectually, and physically to love God, love People, and make Disciples.
February 26, 2016

Bad
Good

This is my son's first year at OVCA. Love the small classes and the individual attention the teacher is able to provide. Communication with the teacher has been great also. My son is excelling at OVCA. I would recommend this school to everyone!

Our son is in the 2 year old pre-k program and we couldn't be happier with the school! We switched him from a daycare setting and have enjoyed the consistency with the teachers and the level of communication with us on a daily basis. The tuition/pre-k fee is comparable to any other option and we feel that our son is learning so much more in a loving and nurturing environment!

My son has been attending OVCA for PreK 3 & PreK 4 and I CANNOT have enough nice things to say about this school. The teachers truly care about the students, and work daily to enrich their minds. I would recommend the Preschool program to anyone looking for a great experience for their child. The tuition rates are extremely reasonable, and the staff is genuinely friendly. Your child isn't watched by lackadaisical teenagers for the aftercare either, these are parents and young adults that care about each and every child.

As a struggling reader, our daughter's experiences in two different public school districts were nightmares. Everything changed when we came to OVCA. The VERY FIRST DAY she was there, the school evaluated her and started to design an education plan that would work for her. When she was scared or nervous about something, all I had to do was just send a quick note to her teacher and he would help her walk through the challenge. In just two months of being in school here, she is a completely different child. Her confidence level has soared! She has gained so much joy and hope that she actually tries new things without fear of failing. She says things like, "I am smart!" I haven't heard her say that in years. Her reading and writing have improved exponentially. My words on this page can never do justice to the emotions we have as her parents watching this precious child blossom in a way she has never been able to blossom before. Mr. P, Mrs. Mya, Mrs. Amy, Miss Diggs, and Mrs. Cookie have completely changed the way my daughter looks at school and at herself. I can't imagine a better school for any child to attend!! It was literally a God send for us!!

It is the first year for my son at this great school and I have seen much improvement in his education. The small classes help each student have more one on one time with the teacher. I am very satisfied with this school and its teachers and staff. They are very polite and willing to help with any questions one might have.

This school has been a wonderful find and excellent fit for our son! OVCA has a great Christian environment that is caring and supportive for the children and their families. We have enjoyed remarkable success overall in our son's schooling experience and education. I am very grateful to have been led to this school and we are truly blessed for our son to be a part of it this year and, Lord willing, for years to come. I have enjoyed assisting with almost all of the classrooms and am amazed at the wonderful teachers that are in this school throughout the grades! I would recommend this school, absolutely!

Message to families
SCHOOL LEADER
The vision of OVCA is to Glorify God by helping students fulfill their potential, both physically and spiritually, in a nurturing Christ-centered environment. We strive to accomplish this through educational excellence and imparting the knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Our Mission is to prepare students for life as Christian role models and leaders who choose character before career, wisdom beyond scholarship, and service before self.
Posted January 30, 2015

I brought my daughter to Ocean View Christian Academy when she was 3. She was in a different daycarebefore we switched her. She could sing her ABC's and count to 5 before going to Ocean View Christian Academy and that was pretty much it. In a little over a year, my child can now read! She can count to 100. She is now working on simple addition and subtraction. I only wish we would have found it earlier. The teachers go above and beyond for their students. This school has been a blessing to our family.

My son is in third grade and attended last year for second grade as well. My son has excelled in all areas, academically and personally. The teachers, principal, assistant principal and the entire staff, all whom work there are caring, wonderful people who want the best for each child. My son loves going to school. The teaching and curriculum makes sense and results in learning that is impressive and has exceeded our expectations. My son is safe and I have peace of mind that he is cared for and protected. This school is a huge blessing for our family. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure each child is successful. They see each child as individuals and engage the students in a way that makes learning exciting. Don't be fooled by other school's bells and whistles. I feel this truly is the best school in the area! The small class size is a huge bonus! They have a great recycling program that helps kids understand that recycling is important. They have spirit week each year which is so much fun for the kids. They really do a lot of special things throughout the year for the kids that the kids really have fun with and appreciate. I recommend this school without hesitation!

Last modified Ocean View Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8