Norfolk, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted June 03, 2014
I brought my daughter to Ocean View Christian Academy when she was 3. She was in a different daycarebefore we switched her. She could sing her ABC's and count to 5 before going to Ocean View Christian Academy and that was pretty much it. In a little over a year, my child can now read! She can count to 100. She is now working on simple addition and subtraction. I only wish we would have found it earlier. The teachers go above and beyond for their students. This school has been a blessing to our family.

Posted April 22, 2014
My son is in third grade and attended last year for second grade as well. My son has excelled in all areas, academically and personally. The teachers, principal, assistant principal and the entire staff, all whom work there are caring, wonderful people who want the best for each child. My son loves going to school. The teaching and curriculum makes sense and results in learning that is impressive and has exceeded our expectations. My son is safe and I have peace of mind that he is cared for and protected. This school is a huge blessing for our family. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure each child is successful. They see each child as individuals and engage the students in a way that makes learning exciting. Don't be fooled by other school's bells and whistles. I feel this truly is the best school in the area! The small class size is a huge bonus! They have a great recycling program that helps kids understand that recycling is important. They have spirit week each year which is so much fun for the kids. They really do a lot of special things throughout the year for the kids that the kids really have fun with and appreciate. I recommend this school without hesitation!

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter is in the 2 year old Pre-K class and has begun reading 3 letter words. The time that each of the teachers take with each student is remarkable!

Posted April 07, 2014
OVCA is an excellent place for a PreK foundation to get my kids started on their education. Both my children have had wonderful teachers. Now I am privileged to work there myself. The staff truly cares for each child and adult that has an association with the school.

Posted April 07, 2014
With a comitment to learning and to the lord our school is awesome! They are always doing fun things with the kids comming up with creative education. Our daughter loves her teachers and so do we. They keep us informed of everything going on with news letters, emails both from teachers and administrative personel. They provide a safe and friendly environment both for school and church. After care oportunities, field trips, and a school of the arts all available under one roof! There truelly a blessing, and helpful. Parent involvment is very important to them, and help provide needs for the school through donation and fundraising. We love OVCA!!

Posted February 10, 2014
When we first moved to VA we looked for a school and this one stood out. Very small school with the average being 10 kids per class

Posted February 07, 2014
AMAZING SCHOOL! My husband and I have had our child in this Academy for about two years now. We love the atmosphere and everyone (Parents and Teachers) really do care for our family. The academy is Military friendly and understands the struggles the parents and students can go through with the military lifestyle. Last year when my husband deployed, one of the teachers placed a map to track the parents on deployment so all the children can talk about it and realized that their friends are going through the same thing. We have never felt more welcome to be a part of something then I do here. It s one of the best decisions we have ever made for our child.

Posted April 11, 2013
Both of my children have been attending OVCA for the past 4 years. I love the caring, nurturing environment that they are in daily and my daughter has progressed so much more than she ever did in the public education system. I would highly recommend this school to anyone looking for a Christ centered education for their children.

Posted March 22, 2012
Selecting this school for our 2 1/2 year old was the best decision my husband and I ever made. After a month enrolled the school, I realized how glorified babysitting at a daycare was not a good option. The Pre-K program has taught her to listen, take direction, count, and identify letters, know all colors and shapes, it's amazing! The structure is actually the best part, children crave structure and our daughter shows it, I have not had any issues dropping her off in the morning, she loves it! The uniforms have been very easy for myself as well, I don't have to think about what she's going to wear each day and 5 uniforms are suitably for all seasons.

Posted March 11, 2012
I have two little ones in the Pre-K program one in Pre-K 2 1/2 and one in Pre-K 4. My "baby" is counting everything, and recognizes almost all her letters and the years not even over!! My pre-K 4 year old CAN READ!!! I am not saying she can sit down and read a novel by any means BUT she can read simple books like "i like stars" she learns so much from her teacher i cant say enough!

Ocean View Christian Academy
9504 Selby Pl, Norfolk, VA  23503
Last modified Ocean View Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ocean View Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 23 reviews. Top