School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

The vision of OVCA is to Glorify God by helping students fulfill their potential, both physically and spiritually, in a nurturing Christ-centered environment. We strive to accomplish this through educational excellence and imparting the knowledge of the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Our Mission is to prepare students for life as Christian role models and leaders who choose character before career, wisdom beyond scholarship, and service before self.
January 30, 2015

Posted April 23, 2015
As a struggling reader, our daughter's experiences in two different public school districts were nightmares. Everything changed when we came to OVCA. The VERY FIRST DAY she was there, the school evaluated her and started to design an education plan that would work for her. When she was scared or nervous about something, all I had to do was just send a quick note to her teacher and he would help her walk through the challenge. In just two months of being in school here, she is a completely different child. Her confidence level has soared! She has gained so much joy and hope that she actually tries new things without fear of failing. She says things like, "I am smart!" I haven't heard her say that in years. Her reading and writing have improved exponentially. My words on this page can never do justice to the emotions we have as her parents watching this precious child blossom in a way she has never been able to blossom before. Mr. P, Mrs. Mya, Mrs. Amy, Miss Diggs, and Mrs. Cookie have completely changed the way my daughter looks at school and at herself. I can't imagine a better school for any child to attend!! It was literally a God send for us!!

Posted March 19, 2015
It is the first year for my son at this great school and I have seen much improvement in his education. The small classes help each student have more one on one time with the teacher. I am very satisfied with this school and its teachers and staff. They are very polite and willing to help with any questions one might have.

Posted March 18, 2015
This school has been a wonderful find and excellent fit for our son! OVCA has a great Christian environment that is caring and supportive for the children and their families. We have enjoyed remarkable success overall in our son's schooling experience and education. I am very grateful to have been led to this school and we are truly blessed for our son to be a part of it this year and, Lord willing, for years to come. I have enjoyed assisting with almost all of the classrooms and am amazed at the wonderful teachers that are in this school throughout the grades! I would recommend this school, absolutely!

Posted June 03, 2014
I brought my daughter to Ocean View Christian Academy when she was 3. She was in a different daycarebefore we switched her. She could sing her ABC's and count to 5 before going to Ocean View Christian Academy and that was pretty much it. In a little over a year, my child can now read! She can count to 100. She is now working on simple addition and subtraction. I only wish we would have found it earlier. The teachers go above and beyond for their students. This school has been a blessing to our family.

Posted April 22, 2014
My son is in third grade and attended last year for second grade as well. My son has excelled in all areas, academically and personally. The teachers, principal, assistant principal and the entire staff, all whom work there are caring, wonderful people who want the best for each child. My son loves going to school. The teaching and curriculum makes sense and results in learning that is impressive and has exceeded our expectations. My son is safe and I have peace of mind that he is cared for and protected. This school is a huge blessing for our family. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure each child is successful. They see each child as individuals and engage the students in a way that makes learning exciting. Don't be fooled by other school's bells and whistles. I feel this truly is the best school in the area! The small class size is a huge bonus! They have a great recycling program that helps kids understand that recycling is important. They have spirit week each year which is so much fun for the kids. They really do a lot of special things throughout the year for the kids that the kids really have fun with and appreciate. I recommend this school without hesitation!

Posted April 08, 2014
My daughter is in the 2 year old Pre-K class and has begun reading 3 letter words. The time that each of the teachers take with each student is remarkable!

Posted April 07, 2014
OVCA is an excellent place for a PreK foundation to get my kids started on their education. Both my children have had wonderful teachers. Now I am privileged to work there myself. The staff truly cares for each child and adult that has an association with the school.

Posted April 07, 2014
With a comitment to learning and to the lord our school is awesome! They are always doing fun things with the kids comming up with creative education. Our daughter loves her teachers and so do we. They keep us informed of everything going on with news letters, emails both from teachers and administrative personel. They provide a safe and friendly environment both for school and church. After care oportunities, field trips, and a school of the arts all available under one roof! There truelly a blessing, and helpful. Parent involvment is very important to them, and help provide needs for the school through donation and fundraising. We love OVCA!!

Posted February 10, 2014
When we first moved to VA we looked for a school and this one stood out. Very small school with the average being 10 kids per class

Posted February 07, 2014
AMAZING SCHOOL! My husband and I have had our child in this Academy for about two years now. We love the atmosphere and everyone (Parents and Teachers) really do care for our family. The academy is Military friendly and understands the struggles the parents and students can go through with the military lifestyle. Last year when my husband deployed, one of the teachers placed a map to track the parents on deployment so all the children can talk about it and realized that their friends are going through the same thing. We have never felt more welcome to be a part of something then I do here. It s one of the best decisions we have ever made for our child.

Ocean View Christian Academy
9504 Selby Pl, Norfolk, VA  23503
Last modified Ocean View Christian Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-8
Ocean View Christian Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top