1 star

Posted October 22, 2014
If I could give it NO STARS I would! Had to pull my son out after just a few months. Horrible teachers, horrible staff!

Posted February 15, 2014
Victory Elementary is the worst school my children have ever attended! The teachers talk bad to the kids telling them to "shut their mouthes" asking if they understand English. And the principle and assistant principle don't do anything about the bullying issue at this school. The kids are talked down to and noe ofte teachrs care abut them or their education, they keep demanding kids be medicated if they have a little to much energy or are bored and very advanced. This school is just a sick place to be, they have had issues with head lice and bed bugs! If you don't have to, DONT send your kids here!!

Victory Elementary School 3

Posted February 10, 2014
While I agree with some of the previous comments, the new leadership is 100% better than the previous one. The old leadership(principal) bullied teachers, staff and talked down to parents.....The school could be better but it''s much better now that the BULLY is gone!!

Posted January 23, 2014
This may be the worst school on the planet. I do however adore one of the Kindergarten teachers. All I have to say is that Mrs. Angela Flowers is a complete failure to these students. When my son was threatened with his life this women was no where to be found. Her assistant principle is a complete airhead and blows stuff off as kids will be kids. I might also add that the office staff is so rude and I can't believe they are allowed to work with the general public. I have never felt so uncomfortable as I do in this school. I can not believe that the Military gives this school any funding. It is also a disgrace that the reason there is no communication between parents and teachers is because they claim to have no funding for paper to give to their staff. They also have no reading program for advanced children. Every person living within this area should petition to get The administration and office staff removed from Victory Elementary so they can stop failing their teachers and most importantly our children.

Posted December 28, 2013
My children have gone to this school since it opened. It's on its second principal and while some things have gotten better, others either remain the same or have gotten worse. For example: the office staff are bluntly rude and disrespectful to parents. The math teacher must have changed because now my kids tell me that they don't get help when they ask for it or they get yelled at for disrupting the class because they need a little help. They're also told that this teachers previous classes already know this material so they should already know it. And no assistance is given. I am currently looking for a private school for my kids to attend next year. Guess what Mrs. Flowers, that means your school will not get the governments money for a military child as well as the money for just being zoned for your school. Perhaps you should look into protecting either the parents or the teachers instead of throwing both under the buss daily. Our kids get frustration at school from teachers, attitude from office staff and frustration at home because we don't teach our kids the "new methods" for doing things and then they are wrong at school - even if the answer was correct. Bad. Just bad.

Posted April 19, 2013
My daughter started attending this school of September of 2012. We are stationed in the area and zoned for Victory. My daughters original math teacher was a completely useless. My daughter has always struggled with math and when we went on vacation recently I did not wnat her to fall behind. Her teacher brushed off my concerns saying that she was good at math scoring a 70 on the benchmark (really, that's good?). Another occasion my daughter came home telling me about her teachers personal issues. Kids in your class do not need to know your business. I'm so ready to transfer in order for my kids to get a better education.

Victory Elementary School 4

Posted May 30, 2011
My son is currently enrolled in the 5th grade. He has not had any problems during this school year although he had behavioral problems in other schools. The teachers have really worked with him and he discovered his love for math and science. He has been aiming to get straight "A"s. He loves his teachers and did not want to transfer when we were in discussion about moving. I have found that the principal helps to provide a warm culture by greeting you when you enter the building and answering questions of concern.

Posted May 24, 2011
My grandson has had nothing but troulbe from this school. His dad is in the Navy and we have tried everything to help him in school. The staff state they will follow plans but they don't. We have even been to counselors and had them help develop a plan they don't follow in the least. We try to be involved and get rejected at each opportunity. My grandson has a target on his back and all the students there know it, and harass him terribly.

Posted September 06, 2010
Administrators are awful. Bullying is a daily issue. Teachers are there just for a job! Commuincation, is non exsistant. They blame everyone else!

Posted June 25, 2010
This school is horrible. My son was there for 6 months before I finally pulled him out of kindergarten. Classes were severly overcroweded. There were 35 kids in my sons class. The teacher seemed nice enough, but how could she teach anything with 35- 5 year olds. Her assistant was mean and constantly complaining about everything. The front office was rude and didn't care and even seemed aggrivated when you came in to sign out your child because you interrupted their conversation. The pricipal is the worse. She tries to give a good appearance of having her stuff together, but in reality I think she is unqualified. Moral is very low. I moved my son to a private school. His grades and self-esteem have improved. He loves his new school and everytime we pass Victory, he says "please don't take me back there".

Victory Elementary School
2828 Greenwood Drive, Portsmouth, VA  23701
Last modified Victory Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Victory Elementary School Rating: 1 out of 5 based on 18 reviews. Top