Posted November 23, 2014
I had to the privilege of being a visitor at this Pre School. Dr. Smith is such a wonderful leader of this body of profound and outstanding teachers. One classroom in particular that I was so intrigued with was Ms. Millicent Gavin Stewarts class. Just to see those students being taught sign language by Tiffany and now Spanish. Oh let me not forget their mannerism and learning abilities whether you or I thought that they couldn't comprehend. If I had a younger child starting out this is where I would send my child. The staff at this school are close like family and they take care of one another. Whatever they need to keep soaring funding or anything I hope that they get it because they do deserve it for growth.

Posted May 29, 2013
This is the first school our son ever attended...Let's just say I was worried about him going because I thought it would be too much on him. Today is 10 days before he is to graduate and he is now speaking Spanish, reading, writing his name, numbers, words etc., he is able to count to 100, add, subtract and count by 5's,10's and so on. This was the best thing that could have happened to us. My child wears glasses, has allergies and is of a controversial religion, but has been treated fairly all year long. His birthdate kept him from starting elementary school at age 5 but Mt Hermon Preschool Center gave him the head start he needs to be successful in Kindergarten this coming year. I can't thank Dr. Smith, Mrs. Gerron and Ms. Courtney enough. Not only would I recommend your child attend but I will be sending our 4 year old there next year.

Posted April 19, 2013
When I was told that my kid had to go there (I arrived to the area in July when the preschool center he had to attend was already full) I couldn't be more deceived: the area was not nice at all... Now that we are in the 3rd quarter, I cannot be more happy. The Principal Dr. Smith is the best principal ever, she is actively involved in every aspect of the center: every morning she says good morning - buenos dias to everybody, she personally works with the kids teaching them how to read trillion figures (yes, TRILLION) and takes personal care of everything. The teachers are wonderful. My kid now hates weekends because he cannot go to school. The school facilitates parent involvement and is continuously organizing activities for everybody. My kid is only 4 years old and is able to read, add, subtract and even multiply. This is a wonderful school, in fact is the BEST preschool center I have seen.

Posted October 21, 2009
This is truly an excellent school! The principal and teachers have the best contact with the parents and students. The reading program is the BEST!

Mount Herman Preschool Center 0

Posted June 26, 2009
wonderful school im must say at first i thought it wasnt going to be but my son went there and he learned so much. i wish that they were more than just preschool so he could continue to go. but of course all good things must come to an end

Posted April 13, 2009
Mt Hermon Preschool Center of Excellence is truly a school of excellence!!! My daughter has excelled at this school. They have a great faculty and staff. The first thing I noticed about the school was its cleanliness. The teachers and administrators are great!!!They highly promote parent participation. Thanks so much, Mt. Hermon staff, for all that you do. Please continue to operate in excellence!!!

Posted April 07, 2008
I had an opportunity to send my daughter to this public preschool and am so happy with the results! This is a well-organized, clean, safe environment where the kids can learn and still be kids. Holiday programs, science fairs, trips to the circus and learning how to read are all part of this great introduction to school. I have not doubt my daughter has been well-prepared for kindergarten. Thanks to the faculty and staff! Highly recommend Mount Hermon!

Mount Herman Preschool Center 4

Posted January 29, 2008
My daughter started reading after only being at this school for a couple months. I will be sending my son there when he is 4 years old.

Posted August 03, 2007
Mt. Hermon is a great school. I would highly recommend this school. The principal and staff are very professional and has a very caring attitude towards the students. Ms King and Ms Ming are great teachers. Thanks for providing my daughter with the educational skills she needed for preschool in addition to preparing her for kindergarten. Keep up the good work. Once again, thanks for all that you do.(Everyone)

Mount Herman Preschool Center
3000 North St., Portsmouth, VA  23707
Last modified Mount Herman Preschool Center is a Public school that serves grades K-2
Mount Herman Preschool Center Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 9 reviews. Top