Reston, VA

Posted November 07, 2014
The teachers are helpful and keep in contact with me. My child has been happy with the staff and is able to grow socially with the other kids. I am happy to have my child at this school.

Posted October 21, 2014
Not happy at all, my child is currently attending This school, she said she does not like it at all plus I've seen most of it the kids at the bus are very rude with others, then she came back yesterday Also home saying That Snatched breakfast got her out of her hand by a coffee shop personnel. When I call the school the person in charge of the cafe Told me right away "you have to send money" Simple as that, not explanation at all. How do you think a 6 year old child feels after breakfast got Snatched her of her hand and Been Told she need money or get food? I am completely disappointed! I do not think I will Support this school anymore with money next time they request to fund another race or things! not mention I haven't hear from her teacher since the school year started!

Posted October 12, 2014
My two children currently attend Forest Edge and I have been thrilled with the teachers and staff since day one. I have spent a lot of time at the school as a volunteer, both in the classroom and helping with school events. Most of what I have observed are committed and caring teachers and support staff. My kids are both happy and doing well academically and socially.

Posted October 11, 2014
This school is a JOKE. When Mr. Bensinger was principle my son and his friends excelled. Now they've become timid of staff. I have witnessed GROWN ADULT STAFF flip out on the children. My son has been in the school for 4 years. K THROUGH 4 and ONLY one teacher( his 2nd grade teacher) was worth anything. He is AWESOME! I wish he could of been my child's teacher every year. This year I met the teacher on first day if school and I am not kidding you she looked me up and down at my appearance. What I am not good enough for you? I did tell the principle but nothing.. My child was bullied last year.. NOTHING WAS DONE. School counselling is a joke too. Ig you are a kiss up, brown noser with an exceptional smart kid that likes to do PTA involvement then this school is for you! If your just a regular average Joe, don't even waste your time here. My son is leaving the school after Nov 25th, I always feel like an outsider when i attend school events. I volunteer for anything they let me do but I always get left out. The parents are bullies too.

Forest Edge Elementary School 2

Posted June 08, 2014
This school is AWFUL! On one incident, I walked in on my daughter's teacher yelling at the kids, once she saw me, her tone changed. On another occasion, I was in the cafeteria putting money on my daughter's account for lunch. I watched the lunch lady snatched breakfast out of her hand and yell at her. Needless to say I went off on her. This is why my children now go to Buzz Aldrin Elementary. Forest Edge is low budget and hired people that are just there for a pay check!

Posted May 05, 2014
I have 2 children at Forest Edge and we could not be happier that we changed from our neighborhood school to Forest Edge. It has been a fantastic experience and the level of teaching in the AAP program is phenomenal. Coming to a Center school makes all the difference. We love the AAP teachers and my children have made many new, wonderful friends. The level of excitement and curiosity for learning is exponentially increased when you come to a Center school.

Posted February 05, 2014
this school is bad i hate it ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Posted January 27, 2014
Was a student there myself in the late 70's/early 80's...very different school then. Now my son goes there and I can tell you compared to Armstrong Elementary in Herndon it is A LOT better! The teachers are happier, nicer, and more knowledgable and the paretns are more supporticve and involved in their school. I really apprecaite the diversity and the fact that the school caters to al learing styles and levels. The GT program brings in some of the brighter students from the area but the school also does a great job of determining ability leves and lettgint he kids work within their classrooms at their pace.

Posted September 26, 2013
All 3 of my children attended Forest Edge - my third is still there. They received a great education and made many friends. The administration is terrific and constantly looking for ways to improve the school.

Forest Edge Elementary School 4

Posted May 11, 2013
Two of my children are attending Forest Edge and they are both very happy. I'm impressed that even with large classes, the teachers are exceptional and try to meet every need. I also like the fact that teachers communicate with me and are approachable. One of them emails reminders to parents regularly. My children have not had an issue with bullying and the school has a Character Counts program. The PTA is very active and the PTArt program is well-organized. Overall, the only thing I wish is that FFX Cty would include world languages in the program.

Forest Edge Elementary School
1501 Beacontree Ln, Reston, VA  20190
Last modified Forest Edge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Forest Edge Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top