Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Staff member (1 response)

Develops honesty: Disagree

Posted August 05, 2016
they don't consider father as a parent and evade comunicating with dad's . bad communications

Forest Edge Elementary School 2

Posted August 05, 2016
my kid's score was low at the end of first grade and school did not bother to say anything about it

Forest Edge Elementary School 4

Posted June 21, 2016
New principal is great! Local families are awesome. School is diverse but high achieving. Strong community, good kids, great teachers. Neighborhood is a great place to live.

Posted May 17, 2016
This school is very diverse, which makes it a very welcoming and open-minded school. The teachers work collaboratively together to teach at the highest caliber for the students.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 17, 2016
The administration and teachers at this school are very compassionate and caring towards the student's needs. Our focus at this school is to put the student's first and to make sure that they feel heard when a problem arises. Most of all we want to create in student's a passion for being a life long learner and a citizen who will give back to its community one day. In order to achieve this, we as teachers need to be exhibit that kind of behavior before them as leaders.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 17, 2016
I have seen how other teachers assess their students and they are always referencing back to the program of studies and standards. Teachers help one another out and are always looking out for each other.

Posted December 13, 2015
I have to say my opinion has changed from what it was in the last few years under the old principal Ms. Price. We have a new principal and she is just great. Communicates so effectively. The rich diversity at the school is great. There are quite a few after school activities. A great AAP center. I would just add that the school and PTA are behind other schools when it comes to technology. Especially both the PTA and school site are nothing to talk about. I hope they can change that soon.

Posted February 05, 2015
I am very happy with Forest Edge elementary school. The principal is responsive to concerns and the teacher we have this year (our first here) is amazing, kind, and totally quick to respond to any concerns. There is a great deal of racial and economic diversity and I appreciate this. My child loves the school, is happy, and is learning! There is an involved PTA community and a wonderful staff. Thank you Forest Edge for being so amazing!

Posted November 07, 2014
The teachers are helpful and keep in contact with me. My child has been happy with the staff and is able to grow socially with the other kids. I am happy to have my child at this school.

Forest Edge Elementary School 1

Posted October 21, 2014
Not happy at all, my child is currently attending This school, she said she does not like it at all plus I've seen most of it the kids at the bus are very rude with others, then she came back yesterday Also home saying That Snatched breakfast got her out of her hand by a coffee shop personnel. When I call the school the person in charge of the cafe Told me right away "you have to send money" Simple as that, not explanation at all. How do you think a 6 year old child feels after breakfast got Snatched her of her hand and Been Told she need money or get food? I am completely disappointed! I do not think I will Support this school anymore with money next time they request to fund another race or things! not mention I haven't hear from her teacher since the school year started!

1501 Beacontree Ln, Reston, VA  20190
Last modified Forest Edge Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.