Richmond, VA

Posted December 08, 2014
Ok I went here all three years 6-8 grade about eight years ago. And I would like to point out that this school is in NO WAY bad. I mean ask any former student and I bet they will have great memories of this school like I have. The only thing that bums me out is that they no longer have a school play. Really im wondering why it seems like they've done a complete overhaul of the staff. Because I only recognize one or two teachers from the website and none of the others. But anyway, on the issue of the teachers I cant speak for the newer ones but back in my day we got progress reports along with a phone call if you're grades where bad and that explained it usually. The thing these parents today need to realize is pvms has alot of students and the teachers are probably stretched thin I mean after all last time I checked chesterfield county schools aren't land locked so as long as you have a ride you can go to any school you wish. Plus there's three elementary schools that feed into pvms. You can't expect everything to be on you're time schedule ild imagine the teachers are trying there best.

Posted October 04, 2014
Providence is a great school! The teachers are very dedicated and enthusiastic. My daughter,who is in seventh grade, has done well academically and on the SOL tests. She loves school and has made great friends. The administration fosters an environment of respect and encourages athletic and club participation along with student leadership.

Posted September 14, 2014
My daughter started 6th grade last year at Providence Middle School, I was impressed with their "Summer Camp" for 6th graders. She learned organizational and study skills. She was also given her schedule and learned how to get to every class. And they even worked on learning how to open their lockers. I have found it very easy to make contact with the principal, staff and every teacher. 6th grade was a wonderful experience and 7th grade is starting out just as great!!

Posted August 23, 2014
Providence is a diverse school with a phenomenal staff of teachers and administrators who care greatly about the students, the school and the community.

Posted April 17, 2014
Providence Middle School is a diverse middle school in Chesterfield County, VA. My two kids have gone there and we couldn't have been happier. The adminstration is top-notch as is the teaching staff. They answer my emails right away and problems are handled immediately. The guidance dept. was so helpful last year when my daughter was applying to specialty high schools. They went above and beyond all year long. My kids felt (feel) happy and respected there. Would highly recommend!

Posted December 30, 2013
I myself went to Providence, graduated in 2013 and in my opinion it was an overall good school. Rumors might say that it is a bad school but truly it's not. The quote "bad" things about the school happen at every middle school. I would defiantly recommend students to go to providence. Current students, just make the best of your middle school years cus highschool gets a lot harder. Learn good study habits in middle school cus you will need them in the future.

Posted October 05, 2013
I love.our school it the best scbool.ever great teacher greay staff I lobe u sooooooo much pvms cant believe I have one more year left gonna miss you guys soooooo much

Providence Middle School 1

Posted September 25, 2013
This is my childs first year here at Providence. So far I have found that the teachers do not get back with you when they are sent an email. I would like for the teachers to respond in a timely manner. My childs grades have gone down and I would like to know why and the teacher hasn't responded.

Posted September 11, 2013
The teachers are very friendly and helpful! The whole school seems to be very loyal to their beliefs and values! The Principal and teachers communicate greatly with the students and the parents. They are also very profficient.

Posted September 04, 2013
I have had one child finish at Providence and I now have a son that is currently enrolled here in the seventh grade taking honors classes. The school (staff) has always been respectful,understanding, and well informed of most questions I needed answered at times. The teachers from last year were on top of their game keeping me well informed of my childs progress at school and keeping Edline updatedfor me as well. This year has just begun but I already know three of my sons teachers and expect another great teaching year.

Providence Middle School
900 Starlight Lane, Richmond, VA  23235
Last modified Providence Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Providence Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 46 reviews. Top