School principal icon 130x130 140902

School Official Point of View

Providence Middle School teachers go above and beyond the call of duty. They deeply believe in building relationships with their students.
March 16, 2016

Bad
Good

Teacher effectiveness:
SCHOOL LEADER
Teachers are continually providing fun experiences for students and building relationships with families. They stretch their own learning and abilities through self-directed professional development.

Amount of homework:
SCHOOL LEADER
Meaningful homework is something that is not taken lightly. Assignments are given to reinforce what has been learned and enhance lessons.

Develops character:
SCHOOL LEADER
The four pillars of Providence are what everything we do is built upon: Respect, Achievement, Mindset, and Self-Control.

Message to families
Posted March 16, 2016

Ok I went here all three years 6-8 grade about eight years ago. And I would like to point out that this school is in NO WAY bad. I mean ask any former student and I bet they will have great memories of this school like I have. The only thing that bums me out is that they no longer have a school play. Really im wondering why it seems like they've done a complete overhaul of the staff. Because I only recognize one or two teachers from the website and none of the others. But anyway, on the issue of the teachers I cant speak for the newer ones but back in my day we got progress reports along with a phone call if you're grades where bad and that explained it usually. The thing these parents today need to realize is pvms has alot of students and the teachers are probably stretched thin I mean after all last time I checked chesterfield county schools aren't land locked so as long as you have a ride you can go to any school you wish. Plus there's three elementary schools that feed into pvms. You can't expect everything to be on you're time schedule ild imagine the teachers are trying there best.

Providence is a great school! The teachers are very dedicated and enthusiastic. My daughter,who is in seventh grade, has done well academically and on the SOL tests. She loves school and has made great friends. The administration fosters an environment of respect and encourages athletic and club participation along with student leadership.

My daughter started 6th grade last year at Providence Middle School, I was impressed with their "Summer Camp" for 6th graders. She learned organizational and study skills. She was also given her schedule and learned how to get to every class. And they even worked on learning how to open their lockers. I have found it very easy to make contact with the principal, staff and every teacher. 6th grade was a wonderful experience and 7th grade is starting out just as great!!

Providence is a diverse school with a phenomenal staff of teachers and administrators who care greatly about the students, the school and the community.

Providence Middle School is a diverse middle school in Chesterfield County, VA. My two kids have gone there and we couldn't have been happier. The adminstration is top-notch as is the teaching staff. They answer my emails right away and problems are handled immediately. The guidance dept. was so helpful last year when my daughter was applying to specialty high schools. They went above and beyond all year long. My kids felt (feel) happy and respected there. Would highly recommend!

I myself went to Providence, graduated in 2013 and in my opinion it was an overall good school. Rumors might say that it is a bad school but truly it's not. The quote "bad" things about the school happen at every middle school. I would defiantly recommend students to go to providence. Current students, just make the best of your middle school years cus highschool gets a lot harder. Learn good study habits in middle school cus you will need them in the future.

Last modified Providence Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.