Richmond, VA
Students enrolled: 1,727
Before care: Yes

Posted April 03, 2014
My son is a senior in the IB program. I can't even describe the experience he has had or the amazing growth he has experienced. When he started he was a kid and now he a remarkable, intelligent and confident young man. This is a holistic program that challenges you to grow in so many ways. We are pleased with the college offers that are coming in now and are even more pleased by the person he has become. The director of the program is a gem. It astonishes me that this program is available for free as part of public school. Your child will blossom here.

Posted November 11, 2013
I am a parent of a spphomore at Henrico in the IB program and am very plased with the program. I have been extremely impressed with the faculty and staff at Henrico. Teachers in IB go out of their way to engage the students. The workload is intense and challenging, but students who graduate from the program are rewarded with offers from multiple colleges. However, there are a couple of downsides. First, if your goal is to get as much college credit while in high school, do NOT go IB. IB is a fantasitc education that prepares studens for college but colleges reward AP credit more than IB credit. Second, Henrico does not offer IB physcis or HL math. These higher level classes are really necessary if students want to go into a college for engineering. Finally, Henrico is a hike from teh west end. After school activities can be very challenging from a trasportation perspective. We live in the Deep Run school district and had one student graduate recently from Deep Run. Both Deep Run and Henrico are very good schools. We're pleased with our decision to send our child to Henrico and be part of the IB program.

Posted February 07, 2013
I attended Henrico High School my freshman year as a student in the Center for the Arts. I moved during the summer and spent the remaining three years of high school in a Georgia school. I terribly missed Henrico High School! The Center for the Arts was amazing - you were able to work with artists and performers first hand and learn from them directly, there were spectacular field trips, and the teachers were perfect. I am now a sophomore in college and I wish I had been able to stay at HHS! The Center for the Arts students almost always get some sort of scholarship - I've known several who received full-ride scholarships to Virginia Commonwealth University. HHS has a lot of clubs and activities to offer, as well as diverse students and staff.

Henrico High School 4

Posted November 12, 2010
Henrico High school is a great school which i've been attending for 3 years(junior) and I'm enjoying my years. Unfortunately, like EVERY other school we have our bad cookies, but our security officers do everything to keep us safe. The academics are great and the teachers make you strive for the best in everything you do, it's never just about them. The coaches do all they can to get atheltes schoalarships. No one who hasn't been to Henrico can sit back and judge this school on what they've "heard." It's an overall great school.

Posted February 23, 2010
i used to attend HHS and i loved that school to death the teachers there were the best. they made things so easy to understand and the learning was fun..i wish i cud go bak there..Warriors all the way(its all bout that green and gold)

Posted February 09, 2010

Henrico High School 0

Posted December 10, 2009
I am a freshman here at Henrico High School and I love it do far. The principal listens to you and the teachers will help you out if you try your best. I recommend this school to anyone who would like to get a warrior education!!!

Posted November 09, 2009
Im a sophmore at henrico high school and i love it!!! Im in the Godwin district but go to henrico for the center for the arts. I actually went to godwin half-day last year and did enjoy myself. but henrico is soo diverse and the people here are very welcoming. no one is without a friend at this school.

Henrico High School 0

Posted July 02, 2009
I attend henrico high and before i got here i heard so many rumors that henrico was awful & the students were so misbehaved & that there were a lot of fights but i later discovered that its nothing like what people say. generally, henrico high is a good school. the staff and security makes sure that we dont get out of hand and that things run smoothly which i know is hard because the school is set up like a college campus..meaning we walk outside to get to our next class. i think that henrico overall is a good school

Henrico High School 2

Posted June 01, 2009
This school is not varied. It needs more variation in things. People aren't involved in things and it's just all boring.

Henrico High School
302 Azalea Ave, Richmond, VA  23227
Last modified Henrico High School is a Public school that serves grades 10-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Henrico High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 26 reviews. Top