Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Develops character: Strongly agree

They encourage the ROAR qualities in their students (they are the Lions) Respectful, Organized, Achieving, and Responsibility . They give awards out every nine weeks to students who display these qualities!!

Our daughter started at MCES this past year and we have had wonderful experiences at the school. The administration and staff are very caring and work so hard to help all the students all the time!! In fact, this year for the first time in a while... The school made the progress on its test scores as prescibed by the state and actuall exceeded the expectations!! (The school suffered a little bit in recent history but now has a fabulous staff who are doing great work) I see no reason for this school to be rated as low as this! The teachers are engaging and they are really working towards that strong community feeling. They give so much support to parents and students. We have had a wonderful experience! They are certainly on the rise!!!

Our daughter started kindergarten at this school in 2012 and is wrapping up 2nd grade. Our son is finishing kindergarten this year at MCES. We have been extremely impressed by the teachers and administration and their passion for the students. They are frequently have special events and incentives for learning for the kids. We feel both of our children have received individualized attention to meet their academic needs. We have been impressed by how the teachers have uniquely challenged each of our children to grow academically. We understand the previous principal (before our children started) created some discord in the school and there were a lot of behavioral issues which had a negative impact on academics, but we have been nothing but thrilled with Mrs. Lenz, the current principal, and her approach and enthusiasm towards the students. She has been very responsive to any concern I have brought to her. At Kindergarten registration for both of my children, she was present and took their picture so she could have their name memorized by the time school began. She has called them by name ever since. The school was just on the news for celebrating their one million minutes of student reading challenge - where students were challenged to read outside of the classroom for a grand total of one million minutes and they exceeded their goal! I am so thankful that my children have a passion for learning because of the teachers and administration at MCES!

Amount of homework: Agree

I feel the homework is age appropriate and helps to reinforce what is learned in the classroom and also is helpful as a parent to know what they are doing in class.

Develops character: Strongly agree

We have been notified of any issues of dishonesty by our children by the teacher. Any dispute or issue (which is rare) between our children and other students in the classroom or on the bus was dealt with quickly and fairly.

Very friendly from the office staff to teachers to administration. They know who I am and who my kids are. I have 3 kids in the school and all have had great teachers and are doing well here, I am also very involved and always seem welcomed to volunteer.

Unfriendly environment. Utilizes the method of yelling to try to control students. Very little interaction between administration and parents. The resignation of entire PTA in 2012 reflects the distance and dis-accord between high achievers and administration. Consistency in low SOL scores reflects my views based on first-hand experiences with staff. Favoritism displayed in CBG program by teacher. Do not reward deserving hard working students in achievements with certificates. I had refused to believe the negatives I heard about the school and still sent my child there. Sadly, I am at the verge of taking my child out. Very disappointed, very sad. By the way, this has nothing to do with my child's performance, because my child got all A's in the SOL and Honors in class in 2012.

I love the school. My son is in the 2nd grade and he has been there since kindergarden. The communication in the school is wonderful. I know people have there own opinions but as a parent I stay active with almost everyone in the school. Education is very important to me and this school is excellent. They help me in so many ways. I requested a meeting with the some of the office staff and they agreed with out knowing all of the details of the meeting. I found that very heartwarming because they made time in their very busy schedules to talk with me. I think the meeting was more so to calm my nerves rather than to talk about my kid...and for that I thank them. I love this school. Mrs. Lentz is so down to earth and she get on the parents level and that made me feel not so alone. In my mind the head of the school is all about business and is on a tight schedule, but not her. She is very down to earth and I like that in her. Actually the whole front office iss friendly and down to earth. I feel so welcome.

This is a fantastic school. The parent involvement is wonderful. I would hands down say the PTA is the best in the county. My son is on his 5th year and has never had 1 single problem. No one gets bussed in from the city, how ludicrous. There are always so many wonderful events being held by the school the PTA. People need to get over themselves and see this school for what it really is. Anyone that gets a waiver to another school is only hurting themselves and not to mention their property value. Another great thing about this school is the gifted program is held there. If your kid is fortunate enough to get into the program then it is very beneficial, just make sure to request they be tested in December.

This school has been terrible for our child. This school lacks strong leadership! The principal offers no support for teachers or parents. I needed to have a conference with my daughters teacher and I wanted her to sit in on the conference. The principal told me that she would be unable to attend because she had a hair appt. Does this show her character or what? The behavior issues at this school are over the top, nothing gets down about the issues, only excuses are offered. I would not advise sending your child/children to this school.

Last modified Marguerite F Christian Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.