6-12|Private

Bad
Good

This school is just what my daughter needed to finally learn to read. After many years of frustration with the instruction in public school, she finally made progress in reading and writing while at this school. The staff and leadership of the school are dedicated to help your child succeed. They take time to individualize the curriculum to your child and give them learning strategies. I also have a strong relationship with the teachers at the school and I feel like we work together as a team. My daughter finally feels comfortable in school and actually enjoys attending. If your child is not succeeding at public school and needs additional support of a dedicated and creative staff, this school is for you!

This school is the best thing that has ever happened to my child. My son is a bright child with Asperger's that has never fit into other schools. Here he fits in and feels safe. They were able to individualize the curriculum to allow him to work above grade level in certain subjects, while still addressing his learning disabilites (writing, reading comprehension, organization). They have two full time licensed psychologists on staff - something you won't find at most schools who market themselves as schools for Asperger's. My son attends both weekly and individual counseling which focuses on social skills and emotional regulation. They also have a social worker for the dean of students. One of the most popular staff with the students is the therapy dog KC. Even though my son doesn't like dogs, he enjoys having KC around. Most importantly, my son loves going to school!

If your child is struggling in public school with a disability this is the school you want your child in. My son attended Accotink Academy for one year and I wish we could go back, but we had to move out of state. I also worked there part-time as a substitute teacher/co-teacher. The schools are amazing and dedicated to helping children succeed. I wish that every state had a school like Accotink.

I love it! My daughter has attended Accotink Academy since 06-07 to 09-10 school years. She's doing better than before!

Last modified Accotink Academy Learning Center is a Private school that serves grades 6-12