Springfield, VA

Posted November 27, 2013
I have a daughter in 8th grade and another that just left this school and is now in 9th grade. Our experience has been incredible. Both of my daughters have excelled at this school. The principal and vice principal are real humans who care about the children. My daughter's were involved with band and did several hours of volunteer work in the community. I highly recommend this school. My third daughter will be attending soon and I'm happy about it.

Posted March 04, 2012
My daughter didn't want to go to this school because all her friends were going to another school (boundary issues). Sending her here was by far the best choice ever. She loves this school. The after school activities are great. She started off taking two honors classes, but I am grateful that her english teacher was able to see that she needed to be pushed more and moved her up to honors english. The band director is excellent, the drama/speech teacher is a riot. Back to school night, two weeks after school started, I walked into the school, told several teachers and the principal my last name only and they knew exactly who my daughter was (it was a good thing!) Yes it is out of the pot and into the fire coming from elementary and there are many students who struggle more than my daughter but I know that the staff loves all the students and helps as much as they can. Some of her teachers do "teach to the tests" which I don't really like, but she is still learning so much.

Posted July 15, 2010
I was very apprehensive about sending my child to Key, then subsequently Lee. I have heard many rumors over the years and know that parents in other more affluent parts of Fairfax Co looked down upon these schools. But, with not wanting to move I held my breath when my child entered 7th grade there. Boy, was I surprised! My child was in all honors classes and I found the majority of the teachers very competent. The 7th grade honors math teacher may be the best the county offers. The school is IMMACULATE! Really! The halls and floors always shine when I walk in. The principles are VERY involved. I was surprised that both the principle and the 7th grade asst. knew my child by name. It was nice to see the students eagerly chatting with them at one evening school function. Plus my child scored all 600's on SOL's

Posted May 03, 2010
This is our first year at Key Middle School. Our daughter loves the school and the teachers. Principals are very hands on and very much in contact with the students which I believe is a plus. Couldn't be happier with Key Middle School.

Key Middle School 2

Key Middle School 2

Posted May 02, 2010
Being a Fairfax County school, the level of education is outstanding at Key M.S. The principal is very involved and interacts with the students. She has 'cleaned house' so to speak, and safety issues from the past are not a concern anymore. My children have enjoyed and are currently enjoying their experience at Key.

Posted April 30, 2010
This is our first year at Key Middle School. I couldn't be more pleased. The administration staff is always helpful, positive and pleasant. You always see the principal and assistant principals in the hallways and about the school. The teachers my son has had this year have been wonderful. They have gone above just teaching the students - they actually care about the students! A huge thumbs up for Key Middle School!

Posted April 24, 2010
Teachers are great, safety isn't an issue, parents are invovled, principal has great ideas and a love for the kids, Great school!

Posted April 19, 2010
This was our first year at Key and it has been a great school so far. While it is a large school, the individual pods for the grades key the small and personal feel very real. They also recognized excellence in my son and are providing him with honors courses next year. So glad we have Key!

Key Middle School
6402 Franconia Rd, Springfield, VA  22150
Last modified Key Middle School is a Public school that serves grades 7-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Key Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top