Bad
Good

I attended the school from my kindergarten to sixth grade and I have two older sisters who have also attended and graduated from the school. As an alumni from 2013, I can say that this was the best school that I have ever been to and that there is no comparing. Everybody is so friendly and they really put the interest of the kids first. I still come back yearly to help out with events because this school has helped me so much to become the person that I am today. I truly hope that this review finds someone well because this school really gets your kids ready for the next step of their lives.

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

These teachers are those who gave me the knowledge to truly respect my elders and others around me. I never truly knew respect until I went through the whole school process.

Amount of homework: Agree

Some days your kids will go home with no homework, and other days with a ton. I will say that is getting them ready because as a current high schooler, it fluctuates often

Develops character: Strongly agree

You learn how you are supposed to act and to respect others while respecting yourself as well.

Our family has attended 4 different elementary schools over the years, and RVES is by far the best. Excellent teachers, warm and friendly office staff, a wonderful principal and AP, and a close knit community. The principal knows almost every student, and greets them by name. The classroom and specials teachers make learning fun and exciting for the kids. We have been so happy to have found this school!

Rolling Valley is a wonderful school! The principals, the teachers and the front office staff are very responsive and friendly! We have been at the school for 8 years! My kids love it there! We will truly miss it when we have to move...

Rolling Valley is an awesome school! The teachers are caring and the administration is wonderful too! The front office is very welcoming and helpful! My children love this school. It will be difficult when they move on to junior high school.

I have had 3 children go through Rolling Valley and can say with all honesty, our experience, both from my children's perspective and my own, have been some of the most positive in their lives. What a wonderful foundation Rolling Valley has been for my family. Any family will feel privileged to be a part of this fantastic school Shelly Hamid

RVES is an exceptional school with professional, caring teachers and staff. We are a military family. Our 2 children attended for 3 years. Learning is engaging. There are plenty of activities to get involved in. Run Fit Kidz is fantastic! Parents are welcomed and teachers work with you to ensure your student succeeds. Field trips, extra curricular opportunities, and events such as blizzard bingo and the haunted house, pyramid challenge food drive....we love and miss this school! If interested in tae kwon do check out Elite Martial Arts, they volunteer at RVES.

Rolling Valley is a great school! Don't be alarmed when you see a rating of a "6." There are some schools in the immediate area that have a "6" as well, but Rolling Valley is far superior than those schools! I am a teacher in Fairfax County, and I find the school to be wonderful! The test scores last year were not the best, but don't judge a school solely on test scores. There are more things to base your opinion on a performance of a school. The teachers work with you and the administration is wonderful! The school has a diverse population, and it is considered one of the smaller schools in Fairfax County! We have been at this school for six years. We have another two years to go!

Last modified Rolling Valley Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.