Bad
Good

While there is some disconnect between the base school and the kids in the gifted program, our sons have thrived here. The principal is very caring and we appreciate the creative outlet the projects provide. We wish there were even more!

I have one in the school and one that graduated in 2008, I find the teachers and shcool resources very accessable. Leadership is obvious at all levels. I'm so glad *and fortunate to have access to SEES.

My daughter loves SEES. The teachers are wonderful and caring. The principle has been very attentive and professional. And the Office staff are warm and friendly!

My daughter is in the Gifted Program at SEES. Fairfax Co. tests all second graders for the full time GT program, which is wonderful. She has learned to make eye contact while speaking, how to eliminate umms and ahs from speeches, and how to write persuasive paragraphs -- all in the 3rd grade. The teachers come up with great ways to teach life skills such as having the students set up a city to learn economics. All the kids had a checkbook for their business, started out with a bank loan, and learned about insurance. The kids had so much fun they didn't realize they were learning. The principle is great. My daughter has a heart condition and had some anxiety issues that the principle helped us resolve. Her teacher is also very responsive. The building is old, and they don't have a computer lab, but they utilize the space well.

I have two children at this school. They have had wonderful teachers and the office staff is very warm and friendly. My older child is in the gifted program which is run very nicely. The PTA is very active, but not pushy. The school has a few opportunities throughout the year for families to come together and a couple of fundraisers, but not too many. I had an issue with a teacher that the principal handled immediately, to my full satisfaction, with great professionalism. Overall, we are very happy with this school.

The principal is terrible, and the stress of that seems to trickle down to the teachers. She seems scared to dicipline the students for fear that the parents might get mad, and there is a lack of leadership in the school. My son states that he sees her only at assemblies. The assistant principal is wonderful, very warm and available to talk, but it seems as though his hands are tied. My son says he comes into the classroom each day to say good morning, and has even joined in on activities and games. The teachers my son has had seem to be okay. A lot of first year teachers, but they seem to do a great job!

Last modified Springfield Estates Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.