Staunton, VA

Posted December 06, 2014
Our family has been involved with Grace Christian School for the last 11 years. What a great experience! The teachers and faculty are so invested in the success of the students, showing care and love and support for them. (And I am not aware of any teacher on staff who is not a "trained educator" as stated in another review.) We are so happy to be a part of this awesome school.

Posted July 09, 2013
Our familiy's experience at Grace Christian School has been fantastic. Three of our children have graduated from Grace and have successfully gone on to excel at the college level. Our children received a very strong education which was infused with the Christian faith. I can honestly say that Christian education has been the very best investment that my husband and I have ever made for our children. The sense of community while at Grace was also a real plus for our family. The teachers and staff really care about the students and their families!

Posted April 28, 2012
I graduated from GCS and went on to college and graduate school at a top university. Now well into my career, I often look back and remember both academics and life lessons I learned at Grace. The teachers are there for the right reasons, the academics are challenging, and the athletics instill the value you'd want in your kids (success of sports teams varies widely, but some programs are very strong). The facilities are somewhat spread apart, but neat--very historic Staunton buildings and a newer gym on the edge of town.

Grace Christian School 4

Posted March 24, 2012
I attended Grace for three of my high school years and I would recommend it. For one, the academics are excellent. I was very well prepared for college, especially in my academic writing. It is small which gives a sense of community. I did face some frustrations with the administration while I was there, though since my time there leadership has changed, so I cannot speak for that area now. Overall, a good school that does it best with the facilities at hand.

Grace Christian School 1

Posted July 02, 2010
this school is one i would NOT recommend for your children. the teachers there (well most of them) dont know anything about teaching, and some seem to screw up your perspective of learning more than you would expect. most of the teachers there are not even trained educators. The students are cliquish, and because the class sizes are so small, if you dont fit in with a clique, you dont fit in at all. I was a student there for 10+ years, and it was not a good experience for me. I dont feel like i got the education i needed to excel in college. I feel that your grade school days are meant to be a good experience, and in my case (and others) it was not. I would strongly advise against sending your children to that school. I hope this review has helped.

Grace Christian School 3

Posted March 05, 2009
i'm a student at GCS. i'm in the 7th grade.grace is ok. most of the teachers are pretty cool. though some of the teachers seem to try to get in our business. i know they want to help but honestly, some things are personal and would be best if left alone. the dress-code is okay for a christian school, but i don't really like it because its to vague...it says things like nothing too tight..well what's too tight?! haha....Grace is a good school though..i have to admit there isn't PDA, drugs, foul language..or anything of the sort in the hallways. it has alot of homework..but homework passes are rewarded frequently. it is a great prep. 4 collage.. its a super small school. the hallways are kinda dark and it doesnt have the best lighting(that bothers me.lol)hope i helped. :] ....[p.s. the grammar program is alot better than what i typed] lol.

Posted May 15, 2007
Excellent academic college preparation. Our daughter has excelled at the college level due to the preparation from Grace. Sports programs participate in highly regarded private conference and continue to succeed in that conference. Other extracurricular activities are available for the child's choosing. Parental involvement is available according to the parent's availability.

Grace Christian School
19 South Market Street, Staunton, VA  24401
Last modified Grace Christian School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Grace Christian School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top