Bad
Good

We LOVE this school! The teachers are wonderful and really care about the students. The only concern is the lack of parental involvement.

This is by far the WORST school I have ever had to deal with! The teachers call you constantly about every little thing. I have been told by a teacher, that she believed my child faked being sick because he did not have homework to turn in for that day, another teacher said the staff members talk about the kids that go into the office when they are in trouble. My child was bullied at school and the Principal, Assistant Principal and teachers knew about it and did nothing to stop it, yet the school is a bully free zone. It is always such a pleasure to hear your child say they hate going to school because of the experience they had at Green Run Elementary.

My child had to see a psychologist after one of the teachers told him that he would never amount to anything and would be lucky to get a job at BK when he was in the third grade. Another teacher told him that noone wanted him in their class and the principal said it was my childs (and 5 others that heard it) word against the teacher. This school was a far cry from any caring environment for my children. I had a teacher tell me that my child was having a horrible day and when I asked if it was that day, they stated yes and my child was NOT even at school that day. Teacher bullying seems to be a normal there.

I like all the activities this school has to offer. The Principal, and staff are very friendly and welcoming.

Green Run Elementary provides a comfortable neighborhood setting within its classrooms and hallways. The students at this school are well receiving of new students and everyone seems to know each other even in other grades. My children enjoy attending this school and I am very impressed with the awards they have received since my children have been enrolled.

As Parent whose child attends this school, I am very pleased with the education he has received. The teachers truly care about the students. This is not the norm for other Virginia Beach City Public schools

This school is great! The teacher's and staff go out of their way to make the school a great learning place for the children.

Last modified Green Run Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.