Virginia Beach, VA

Posted July 19, 2013
Great school! Good teachers, good family atmosphere, great neighborhood. The best elementary school in Virginia Beach!

Posted April 05, 2013
We LOVE Red Mill. My daughter has 22 children in her class - which initially concerned me, but her teacher has still been able to give her a lot of individual attention. This is especially helpful as my child has a mild learning disability. Her teacher keeps me posted weekly as to her progress and I could tell from as early as the first 6 weeks of school that the teacher has really made an effort to get to know my child and what her needs are. I have very high expectations for my children's teachers. All of our teachers here have exceeded my expectations. Beyond that, I've been genuinely impressed!

Posted June 13, 2012
Don't believe everything you read on this site. Go check out the school in person and actually talk to the teachers (not the office staff.) My children attended Red Mill from 2008-2011...we have experienced every grade except 5th. We bought our house so our children could attend this school. We have since moved away, and would do anything to move back. The curriculum in the state of Virginia is top notch. If you move anywhere else in the country, your kids will be leaps and bounds ahead based on the education your kids will receive at Red Mill. The staff is so well-educated and has so much experience. Most of the teachers that my children had, had a wealth of knowledge and experience, and made learning exciting! My children were highly motivated to do their best in that environment. The principal is exceptional. We never experienced the "cold" atmosphere that another person described. You will not be disappointed. This truly is one of the very best schools around! We miss it so much!

Red Mill Elementary School 1

Posted February 25, 2012
This school is fine academically, but seems extremely cold. School tries to keep a distance between the parents and the staff. Everything kept "professional" to the point that they don't seem to care about the students, but rather trying complete checklists of things that have to be done. If you think this school is good, you haven't seen many other schools.

Posted January 31, 2011
Red Mill is one of the most outstanding elementary schools in the state. Outstanding administrative leadership (principal has been there for almost 15 years), wonderful PTA involvement, and excellent teachers. Gifted resource program is very strong and most cluster teachers really understand gifted learners' needs and social-emotional characteristics. Excellent reputation, reading instruction is top-notch, and PE program helps interested kids to excel and meet fitness goals. We bought our home to specifically be in the Red Mill Elementary and Princess Anne Middle School zone--Red Mill almost seems like a private school with all it has to offer. I have had four children go through K-5 and never regretted it. Love, love, love this school.

Posted November 26, 2010
We transferred from a local private school and could not be happier or say enough about Red Mill. We have a child that had a reading difficulty and his previous school failed to work with him. Red Mill took an aggressive approach and he is doing so much better. We currently have two children at Red Mill and could not be happier.

Posted October 03, 2009
The teachers are awesome. They will work with a student who is having in trouble and keep in close contact with parents to let them know how their child is doing.

Red Mill Elementary School 0

Posted June 09, 2009
Wonderful school! They have an amphitheater, plots of land for each class to grow things, enough laptops delivered to the class rooms so they can all use them (+ a computer lab), a science lab, and wonderful teachers and parental support.

Posted February 12, 2009
We transferred this year from a private school to Red Mill and couldn't be happier. My child's teacher is wonderful and has really been able to help her flourish in school. There is tremendous parent involement in the school as well as great extracurriculars.

Red Mill Elementary School 0

Posted September 01, 2008
Great School, a lot a parent involvement. Everyone makes you feel right at home.

Red Mill Elementary School
1860 Sandbridge Rd, Virginia Beach, VA  23456
Last modified Red Mill Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Red Mill Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top