PK-8 & Ungraded
Virginia Beach, VA
Before care: Yes

Baylake Pines School 1

Posted June 17, 2014
This school is owned and operated by some.of the dirtiest, money hungry back stabbers in Virginia Beach. First they tell the families they're dedicated to educating our children and beg us to please 're enroll for the upcoming school year. Just 2 weeks later they tell their teachers and staff they've sold half the school property to one of the dirtiest builders in Virginia Beach (no surprise that his name appears on the parent advisory committee) and that the school will be closing so they can ride into the sunset debt free. Just 24 hours after that announcement came the announcement that the school will be open. And now again 2 weeks after that announcement comes a phone call that the school is indeed closing. They've signed teacher contracts and taken thousands of dollars from families that would have been looking elsewhere for schools for their children if they had been honest from the very beginning and said they wanted to take the money and run. They're no more dedicated to educating children than my lazy house cat. Shame on all of them for misleading innocent children and families and making us all believe there was something bright and hopeful waiting to happen at BLP.

Posted June 06, 2014
I have been going to Baylake Pines for 4 years now and I love it! I have excelled in all of my subjects and love all of the teachers. This is my 5th school and by far the best. All of the teachers are willing to help with problems. We just got new computers that are fully updated. Almost all of the middle school students participate in sports. It is a loving environment and everyone feels like family.

Posted June 02, 2014
My son and daughter have been going to this school for over 6 years. The self esteem, and level of confidence that they have received from the teachers will follow then for the rest of their life . The family within the school gives the kids a chance to flourish and come out of their cocoon to become the butterfly that they are meant to be. The fact that every teacher at the school knows both of my kids by name really means something. The P.E. teacher Mrs. Beasley really encouraged my child to join a sport team while he may not have been the best player he was willing to give it a try. To have a school where the teachers actually take the time to really get to know your kids and to only help they excel means the world. My son was sick for a month of school which was stressful on its own the teachers really went all out to help him catch up. Mrs. Stearney was willing on her own time to tutor him and helped him with what was missed in class. Each teacher has giving my kids something special along the way to make them excel and become the wonderful kids they are today.

Posted May 29, 2014
My son has went to this school for 8 years. I can't say enough about BayLake. Great teachers, great programs, summer programs, traditions, classes, teachers and just an all around A+ school. BayLake is the best school in the VA Beach area.

Posted May 29, 2014
Wonderful school. The negative reviews are only because this is anonymous. I have taken my son to almost all the after school functions, to school, summer camps, programs and school for the last 11 years. I can say for a fact that this school is great. The faculty is amazing. Although our son is about to graduate, we will be back with our daughters. We love Baylake!

Posted May 29, 2014
I have gone to Baylake Pines since pre-school and it has been an excellent experience. There are great teachers and great students. Baylake pines is a well educated school and will go on for many years to come.

Baylake Pines School 4

Posted May 21, 2014
We love this school! He was nohappy at his previous school and felt that he didnt fit in! This school gave him self confidence and made him feel like he was part of a family! Extremely caring and compassionate staff and students!

Posted May 20, 2014
We love this school. Our daughter loves this school. I must admit I was hesitant to send her to Baylake Pines School since we live in a decent public school district (and we could use the money...). However, after two years at Baylake Pines I am completely sold. The education and "life" values taught at Baylake Pines are simply priceless. You will not find anything that compares in any public school (or more expensive private school, for that matter).

Posted May 17, 2014
The teachers at baylake are amazing! They are the most loving and encouraging! They take the time and effort to recognize and applaud all accomplishments! The one on one time and education and guidance that is given is priceless! The faculty and fellow parents at baylake make ya feel like family from the first time you walk in the door! Hands down baylake is the best thing tpo happen to my daughter and our family!

Posted May 16, 2014
My wife and I have had four children go through various levels of this school. We have had one, or more, of our children enrolled in BLP for 15 years, continuously and during that time have over 28 years of childhood educational experience with the school. It is an AMAZING school! The teachers are committed to caring for, nurturing and teaching your kids. They operate at an accelerated rate that is above the local public schools, even though we live in an area with "very good" public education. Some of the comments stated and repeated here are silly. The administrator pours her heart, life and love into the school and has the best interests of the students and their families at the center of how she operates it. Parental involvement...if some haven't felt like their involvement was encouraged, then they had their heads in the sand. My wife, especially, has opportunity to involve herself almost daily...and the teachers and administrators LOVE it! Two of our kids are in college now, two are in elementary school. No school locally can compare. If you are thinking about it, and have the chance, enroll your children. They will thrive, and be loved and encouraged. AMAZING SCHOOL!!!

Baylake Pines School