Virginia Beach, VA

Posted August 21, 2015
I was employed at Courthouse Academy for quite some time and like the other reviews stated it is all about the money for them. Teachers are mistreated by the front staff and they don't communicate well either. Everything is very unorganized and the front office doesn't seem to know what they are doing. Also, most employees do not have their degrees. It has taken a turn for the worse and I don't see it getting any better. They will accept any student good or bad behavior as long as you can pay your tuition. When walking into the school you can see the lack of profession since most of the time they are on their cell phone or gossiping. The staff up front are very rude and don't like to be bothered by anyone. The teachers work very hard and are there for your children but management creates an environment that teachers don't want to return to.

Posted July 10, 2015
Having been previously employed there I have to 110% agree with the previous review about the "behind the scene" outlook on this school. Money is what they seek... your child is just another dollar bill to them.

Posted March 16, 2015
We love Courthouse Academy. Our daughter has been at the school for 4 years & are very pleased at how she has progressed academically & socially. In Kindergarten she was reading on her own by December of that school year, she is in 1st grade & is reading at almost a 3rd grade level. We have loved her teachers & they've all been very helpful & professional. Her kindergarten teacher has been teaching for 18+ years & her 1st grade teachers both have Bachelor degrees. She is in a Spanish immersion class & loves learning a second language. We are impressed at how well she is writing & spelling. Class sizes are small so she gets more time with the teacher. Her teachers have always encouraged learning & created an excitement for it in class and home. We return to Courthouse Academy year after year because of the caring environment. The front office is kind, caring, accommodating & they know every child. My child isn't just a name in a class room, they know her & how she is doing in class. They make time to talk with the children & are greeted at the door everyday. We are glad that we found such a great school for our daughter to attend in her formative years of grade school.

Posted February 19, 2015
I originally loved Courthouse Academy and know they were working towards teacher/child interactions; however, the new front office staff is rude, on their cellphones, gossiping and unhelpful to the teachers and parents. Several of the teachers use very negative tones and language, are not trained in the proper development of the children within their care and they send home progress reports that are not age appropriate. Finally, the biggest issue I have noticed is that on several occasions the classrooms are not within ration. This school is again all about the big classroom sizes to funnel in money instead of the enrichment of the children as they claim. My child will not be going back after the school year.

Posted January 29, 2015
Being involved for this school for 2 years I have realized the "behind the scenes" attitude towards the facility. Front offices are very unwelcoming. Most "teachers" do not have their degrees. This school is all about the money and not the children unfortunately.

Posted December 10, 2014
We made the right choice by keeping our child at Courthouse Academy thru Kindergarten. She is now in public school attending first grade where she is above grade level on everything academically. The administrators as well as her teacher have asked where she attended Kindergarten and I am proud to say Courthouse Academy.

Posted September 23, 2014
I am so glad I got my child out of there!!! While I thought Courthouse Academy was going to be great for my child, I find out they let my son cry all day and absolutely NO parent / teacher communication on their part. We would have never known he was crying all day until I asked. The front staff and director aren't organized at all. Everytime that I took my child in, the front desk was ALWAYS on the cellphone. She didnt even make sure that kids were signed in - very unprofessional. I would NEVER recommend Courthouse Academy to any parent.

Posted September 23, 2014
I don't normally write reviews, but this place has bona above and beyond. After countless tours of different schools, my family and I finally decided on Courthouse. When touring, the front desk was extremely helpful and answered any questions I had, and when I came back with my husband, we spoke to the director who was extremely knowledgeable. My child has been there 3 weeks and loves it - he actually cries when he has to leave! He loves getting Spanish, Music and Computers weekly, as well as fun "extras" like Soccer Shots! It is like a family there, I am always greeted and asked if I need any help. The front office is extremely attentive, I have seen them monitor who enters the building, and ID people they don't recognize to make sure they are authorized to pick up children - I feel better knowing they have such security in place. No place will suit everyone, but I am happy I gave this place a chance. The school is huge - there are going to be unhappy families regardless of if it's a public or private school. Give the school a chance, we were apprehensive, but I am so glad we gave it a chance! We love it so far and cannot wait for what the school year holds!

Posted September 19, 2014
I have 2 children that attend courthouse academy, one in the nursery and one in 2nd grade. I have nothing but great things to say about the programs, teachers and staff. My oldest struggled with behavior but excelled intellectually and Ms. Julie ( the director) went above and beyond to help him. The Spanish immersion program is amazing as well, I've never seen anything like it. I'll be sad to see my oldest leave next year but I'm excited for my little guy and the awesome experience he'll have. Keep up the great work courthouse!

Posted September 03, 2014
I agree with most of the comments with regards to the front end staff, price increases, and board of directors. While my child did well (we did a lot of teaching and extra work at home), I'm happy that we made the right decision to pull our child out and send to public school.

Courthouse Academy