Virginia Beach, VA
Before care: Yes

Posted December 10, 2014
We made the right choice by keeping our child at Courthouse Academy thru Kindergarten. She is now in public school attending first grade where she is above grade level on everything academically. The administrators as well as her teacher have asked where she attended Kindergarten and I am proud to say Courthouse Academy.

Posted September 23, 2014
I am so glad I got my child out of there!!! While I thought Courthouse Academy was going to be great for my child, I find out they let my son cry all day and absolutely NO parent / teacher communication on their part. We would have never known he was crying all day until I asked. The front staff and director aren't organized at all. Everytime that I took my child in, the front desk was ALWAYS on the cellphone. She didnt even make sure that kids were signed in - very unprofessional. I would NEVER recommend Courthouse Academy to any parent.

Posted September 23, 2014
I don't normally write reviews, but this place has bona above and beyond. After countless tours of different schools, my family and I finally decided on Courthouse. When touring, the front desk was extremely helpful and answered any questions I had, and when I came back with my husband, we spoke to the director who was extremely knowledgeable. My child has been there 3 weeks and loves it - he actually cries when he has to leave! He loves getting Spanish, Music and Computers weekly, as well as fun "extras" like Soccer Shots! It is like a family there, I am always greeted and asked if I need any help. The front office is extremely attentive, I have seen them monitor who enters the building, and ID people they don't recognize to make sure they are authorized to pick up children - I feel better knowing they have such security in place. No place will suit everyone, but I am happy I gave this place a chance. The school is huge - there are going to be unhappy families regardless of if it's a public or private school. Give the school a chance, we were apprehensive, but I am so glad we gave it a chance! We love it so far and cannot wait for what the school year holds!

Posted September 19, 2014
I have 2 children that attend courthouse academy, one in the nursery and one in 2nd grade. I have nothing but great things to say about the programs, teachers and staff. My oldest struggled with behavior but excelled intellectually and Ms. Julie ( the director) went above and beyond to help him. The Spanish immersion program is amazing as well, I've never seen anything like it. I'll be sad to see my oldest leave next year but I'm excited for my little guy and the awesome experience he'll have. Keep up the great work courthouse!

Posted September 03, 2014
I agree with most of the comments with regards to the front end staff, price increases, and board of directors. While my child did well (we did a lot of teaching and extra work at home), I'm happy that we made the right decision to pull our child out and send to public school.

Posted August 26, 2014
My 2 children have attended Courthouse Academy starting in 2010 to the present. I would not recommend this school! In the recent years, it has changed for the worse! Our early experiences were it was a school that felt warm and inviting and very child centered. It now has lost that feeling and seems more about money than the kids at all! Their curriculum is lacking (I know of several families who's children entered public schools In our area behind academically and were told CHA has the reputation by TEACHERS!) They also did do away with the enrichments like computer, music and Spanish for the younger children although they sell that as a perk when paying their high tuition. Lastly, the administration and office staff is rude and incompetent! I would not recommend this school and my children will NOT go back! I'm sorry I didn't withdraw them sooner!

Posted August 13, 2014
My name is Kym Pomares; I am the Founder & President of Courthouse Academy. Thank you for your reviews. Here are my responses to 2. *I agree it was unfortunate that a small increase in tuition was necessary after school began last year; fortunately it has only happened twice in 22 yrs. *Enrichment classes are available as always. *For over 20 yrs, the children s best interest is always my number one concern! My practice of improving early childhood education is ongoing. *I encourage families to discuss concerns with the director; every effort is made to resolve any issues that arise. *I'm always sad to hear a family is leaving. I would prefer to see them stay, but in reality there is no school that is the perfect fit for all families. *I apologize to the parent who believes she was treated poorly. I really am surprised! I'm proud of the staff at the front. They work hard so the school can be the best school possible. Happily not many people have had a bad experience because enrollment is up! *When choosing a school, tuition is only one factor to consider. Regardless of where you choose to send your child, my wish is that you find the very best fit for you and your family.

Posted August 11, 2014
Highly recommend! My son has made great progress the past few years and I love the teachers and staff. There's always someone at the front to greet you in the morning and the director goes out of her way to make sure everyone is well cared for and has everything they need. It's a must see school!

Posted June 17, 2014
Would not recommend this school at all! My child went there for Pre-K and K. We loved it for Pre-K but during her kindergarten year, they increased prices in the MIDDLE of the year, they removed all the enrichment classes (such as art, dance, gymnastics), her kindergarten teacher i was not happy with most of the time, they send soo much homework out but do not do any of it during afterschool care. The new "board of directors" do not have the children's best interest in mind. After talking to most of the parents in my daugther's class, and in other classes, we all feel the same and will be sending our children to another school. Courthouse is NOT worth the money they charge for tuition.

Posted June 03, 2014
Courthouse Academy is going downhill fast, especially with the new director. The front office staff is very rude and unprofessional. The new "board of directors" is a complete joke! This school has turned into nothing more than a money making business. The class sizes are ridiculous too, but they do have some amazing teachers! I loved my childs teacher for the two years we were there.. They need all new front office staff or I see this school losing a lot of enrollment in the very near future.

Courthouse Academy