PK-2|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (10 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (9 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)

Courthouse Academy is amazing! From the friendly welcome at the door to the friendly welcome in the class. The kindergarten spanish program is truly wonderful. The children learn so much! From everyday vocabulary and even how to have a polite conversation with others. Children come home speaking new spanish phrases daily! Parents are definitely motivated to learn as they sit down each night to work on their spanish homework. The academics taught in kindergarten are so much MORE advanced than any other school. The teachers go above and beyond to make sure the students truly get all the knowledge they need for the coming years.

Courthouse Academy is a wonderful school! My child is enrolled in the toddler program and he loves it here.Every time we enter the school we both are greeted by EVERYONE with smiles. My child is learning how to count to 10,his letters,colors,and shapes. He always brings home tons of artwork that I enjoy displaying on my fridge. The staff is caring,loving and a second family to my child and for that I give them 5 stars.I highly recommend this place to whoever is searching for a great school for their child.

I have two children who have attended this school for 3 years now. We love walking in to the warm and welcoming front office staff each morning! They always notice something fun about my kids and it makes them smile. The children's teachers have been amazing! I have watched thier confidence grow as well as thier knowledge over the years. The teachers of all ages make learning fun! My kids are excited to go to school and love to tell people that "Courthouse Academy is my school!" The extra specials are great too! They music programs are great and the p.e teacher makes fun games for them to play. I also have framed art projects! We love our special school and all the people that make it a special part of our lives.

My son has been a student at Courthouse Academy since he was two! We have been very happy with the school and the family like atmosphere! I would highly recommend the school!

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I love the teachers at Courthouse Academy. My daughter always talks about them and plays teacher and office at home!

Courthouse Academy administration and staff are always willing to help me whenever I have a question. They do more than required of them. The administration and staff have a lot going on throughout the day but are always smiling and stop what they are doing to greet me when I come in. The academics in the school are above and beyond what other schools are doing. My daughter is learning on a grade level higher and the amount of Spanish she is speaking at home is insane! I like that the front staff knows all the children in the school as well as who picks them up and drops them off. Safety is one of my main concerns and I feel that my child is safe when I drop her off. I know that she spends more time with the Courthouse Academy staff than she does me and I am grateful to know that they care for her like she is one of their own. I would and have told my friends about this school.

Teacher effectiveness: Agree

Effective at reading and math, but they need to have more native Spanish speakers to be effective with Spanish.

My son attended for Pre-K and I have to complement the school for preparing him well for regular Kindergarten. However, I don't think this school is a true Spanish immersion program, which is why I paid more for this school and drove way out of my way to bring my son there every day. It was only after my son was enrolled, that I realized neither his lead teacher, the principal, nor the receptionist actually spoke Spanish! (His lead teacher told me she knew some basics.) Only the assistant teacher was fluent in Spanish. I also recall occasionally hearing some of the staff speaking in Spanish to eachother in the hallway, but I think in an immersion program, the children should hear native speakers conversing all the time, not just occasionally. Non-native speakers should at least being using greetings and basic phrases in conversation. Ultimately, I don't think my child learned much Spanish. I did feel the school was more of a for-profit operation, but I think I would have been okay with that approach had it been a true immersion school. I also disliked that for every drop off and pickup, parents had to park, walk through the front of the school and go all the way to the classroom. This was tiresome, especially with other kids in tow. In contrast to other reviews, the receptionist was always warm and welcoming to me and I don't remember her being on the cell phone too much. She was actually my favorite out of the front office staff.

My twins love the school and the teachers! The school offers great activities and a great curriculum. My twins have learned so much and we are Looking forward to another great year next year! Thanks Mrs Julie for your great leadership! Crystal Felton

This is my daughters 2nd year at courthouse, and we love it so much!!! She adores her teacher and really looks forward to going to school everyday! I am so amazed at how much she is learning at 5!! I especially love how loving and friendly everyone is! On the second day of school when she started last year she was already being greeted at the door by name! Another thing I love are all of the fun things they randomly bring to the school. A couple days ago she came home telling me that they brought in all different animals and she got to touch a baby alligator! There are always fun things like this going on and in a great learning environment! I wouldn't want her anywhere else! -Tiffany Francisco

Last modified Courthouse Academy is a Private school that serves grades PK-2