Woodbridge, VA
Students enrolled: 2,759

Woodbridge High School 2

Posted June 01, 2015
Guidance counselors are foolish, unintelligent, and unhelpful. They are lazy, careless, and lack motivation to help students with the college process. I have had few memorable teachers and overall they have been nothing special. There is a lack of attention towards students who are not star athletes. There is a high demand for money here, and students are required to pay fees for required classes, transcripts, and everything in between. Huckestein is the poorest excuse for a principle in the entire county and cares only about how well his sons are treated in the school. The only positive thing to say about this school are the memories I've made, my friends, and close relationships with a select few teachers. Otherwise, avoid if possible.

Woodbridge High School 4

Posted August 03, 2014
I graduated from WSHS last year and have to say there are no "pods" yes the school is over populated but it has yet to cause any sort of problem. The guidance councelors are not great. They seem to lack motivation and did not help me in any way when it came to picking classes, writing college essays, essays to receive scholarships, or anything SAT/ACT related. Most of the teachers on the other hand are so incredibly helpful, it is rare to find a teacher that won't let you retake tests/quizzes or stay after for tutoring. Over all a great school, change the guidance counselors and it would be the best in Prince William County.

Woodbridge High School 1

Posted December 03, 2013
Comments about administration not caring or listening to parents are spot on. Have had two graduate from WSHS with more following. Won't send the others there. They won't even follow county policies. WSHS does not want parents involved. On a positive, if you child is a star football player you'll be treated like royalty.

Woodbridge High School 2

Posted April 10, 2013
Woodbridge Senior High School has disappointed me. We were impressed with what it had to offer when we moved here but have found the school only looks good on paper. I highly advise you to avoid this school if your child will transfer in from another high school out of state/country. We came from a DoDEA school in Germany. The school guidance/ administration is not educated in this type of transfer. Mostly the SOL requirements have confused them. It's been tough. My children registered for JROTC and were extremely active. We have become more and more disappointed in this program. The leadership doesn't follow school guidelines for field trips and basic safety. They also lack in any type of mentoring.

Posted November 13, 2011
Woodbridge has been a very good High School for my Daughter, and she has attended two other highly rated High Schools listed in Great Schools. Due to my prior Military career (now retired), my Daughter had to transfer twice. With Woodbridge being her last School, she was still able to maintain her high grades and have a diverse group of friends that she likes. The Teachers,Staff and curriculum have all been great!

Posted April 06, 2011
i read in woodbridge senior high school. now iam moving from there. i will miss it's great eduacational system. it really provides the greatest educational system.

Posted October 03, 2009
Woodbridge Senior High School is a great community of diverse students and teachers. I enjoyed the 20 years I taught there, and I miss the students and my colleagues.

Posted September 17, 2009
WSHS has been a great school. My oldest daughter graduated fromthere and now I have two more in the school now grades 9&10. The teachers are very responsive and helpful in keeping you in touch with what your child is or is not doing.

Posted October 13, 2004
My son recently started the 9th grade at Woodbridge High School and I have to say I am extremely distressed over the overcrowding of the school. I went to orientation and back to school night and it was ridiculous at how crowded the hallways were. This has got to be a fire hazard. I spoke to the school administrators and they told me the school was designed to house 1500 students, but now houses over 2600. Not only that, they have makeshift classrooms that they call PODS, which are open in the back and my son said it is very hard to concentrate in class when he can hear the teacher and students in the next 'pod'. This in my opinion is not a conducive learning environment for any child. I am very disappointed with this situation and I am considering moving to Georgia because I can t afford to move where there are good schools (Fairfax), since the prices of houses have skyrocketed.

Woodbridge High School 3

Posted October 08, 2004
Much has changed at WSHS, since my oldest son (a 2001 graduated from there. He was just a number. Sometimes teachers cared, but he really just fell through the cracks. This school was too large. He became math phobic due to a long standing philosophy in the math department, that it is the parent's problem, not the teacher's when a student doesn't understand. My younger son is experiencing the same difficulties in math. The math department needs to focus on remediation, not just pass the students on without a good foundation. Unfortunately, I have to pay a tutor to teach them math. How can a student pass the VA SOL's, earn D's and F's in a subject, graduate and not have a clue as to basic Algebra, Geometry and Algebra II? In other academic areas, my second son feels that teachers care, so much has changed for the positive.

3001 Old Bridge Rd, Woodbridge, VA  22192
Last modified Woodbridge High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Woodbridge High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 32 reviews. Top