Posted September 29, 2014
This school is Fantastic! The new administration is hands on and caring. I have a 2nd grader, a third grader and a 5th grader. We have been at this school the past two years and the teachers are caring and responsive. I am grateful that we moved into this area and will be sad when we transfer out of the area next summer. Couldn't believe the negative comments on the teachers and admin. Wonder what attitude these parents/children had bc there is no way that I believe this principal and teachers could be anything but helping and accommodating. I am a former teacher and know what good admin and teachers look like. Without a doubt I can say that 80 percent of the teachers and 100 percent of the current admin are stellar. Thank you Springwoods.!

Springwoods Elementary School 1

Posted September 22, 2014
This school, it's principal, and the majority of its staff are representative of the worst that the education system has to offer. There are one or two teachers that meet the standard, the rest are relics they'd dug up from retirement. The principal should be removed, as she is not a leader and is incapable of setting a course for the school. We have experienced racism within the school. One teacher in particular only favors Asian female students, reflective of her personal tastes. The retiree teachers are undertrained and worse don't care. How anyone rates this mini prison a 5 is beyond me. Va supposedly has some of the best schools in the country, if they counted springwoods i am positive this inflated information would change.

Springwoods Elementary School 1

Posted September 20, 2014
Where to begin? Despite claiming serious changes (in actuality they have just brought their school up to the physical standards expected within the state) very little has changed at Springwoods. The school is more concerned with 'equality' than it is with the education it provides its students. Go to their home page, when half your screen is covered in Urdu and other languages, it indicates two things 1) Teaching is near impossible given language barriers 2) Kids who speak english as their first language fall behind as a result. The standards for math and english are low, there is next to no homework of value, and this system is perpetuated by a principal who is more concerned with image than actually doing her job. Our children have fallen behind as a result of attending this supposedly 'great' school. The tenured teachers are unable to learn and adjust, they are jaded, and frankly ineffective. Look at how many teachers have been hired back out of retirement, how can anyone claim this is progress? And yet the board muddles through and pretends that by updating the building the education has improved. If you want to set your child back developmentally send them to this school

Springwoods Elementary School 3

Posted September 05, 2014
Unfortunately this school has moved to being rated a 9 to a 7! We moved here based on the high rating. The administration has changed, which often adds to rating changes, but the overall quality of instruction is concerning. There are some excellent teachers there, but there are also "burnt out" teachers and either teachers who are inexperienced or just don't want to put the effort into their position. It makes us really question the administration because they all come from very mediocre schools and are inexperienced in their positions.

Posted September 04, 2014
I have nothing but nice things to say about Springwoods so far. My son attended kindergarten there and I was thrilled with the knowledge he came away with. And the teachers/administrators were awesome - not only did they teach, but they cared. After the first day of first grade, my son came home and announced, "My teacher is really fun!" Looks like it's going to be another great year. Construction has been going on at the school over the summer and it is not completed yet. But I think it's to increase the size of the school (hopefully do away with the "trailers" in the back...) and also to upgrade the school technology. It will be nice when it's done.

Posted July 29, 2014
We are a military family who chose to live in the area because of the great reputation of this school and we have not been disappointed! My children are now going into their 4th year at Springwoods and we have been extremely happy with their teachers and the administration. This past summer they have undergone construction making the school bigger and better. The new administration has been a welcome change to the community. Springwoods also has a strong group of parents/PTO that plan fun activities for the students throughout the year. I am a teacher at another school in the county and my kids choose to go to Springwoods instead of attend my school because they love it so much. If you are thinking of moving or buying a house in this area, I strongly recommend it!

Posted March 14, 2014
I'm not sure why this school has received a couple bad reviews. This is by far one of the best schools my daughter has ever attended (including private schools). We have been to many schools across the nation (CA, WA state, fairfax county, private schools). In Fairfax county our daughter started receiving "average" scores on her tests after years of paid private school, which we were NOT happy about so we moved out to this area and since attending springwoods, she has scored in the top 10% of the nation. Staff and teachers are friendly. Yes, class size may be a tad bigger given the NOVA population but definitely not the biggest I've seen .

Springwoods Elementary School 2

Posted March 08, 2014
Overcrowded, old teachers, old facilities, poor leadership, and more importantly a poor learning environment. Firstly, I would like to know how this school receives 5 star reviews? What is it being compared to? Out of the four schools our children this school has been the worst. There are only a handful of teachers that actually care, the classes are dark and over crowded, and the curriculum is basic and outdated. More importantly the the leadership at the school is not strong, and more importantly not involved to the extent they should be. The facilities are outdated, and the overall learning standard is very minimal. This school could improve by removing 'tenured' faculty, make teaching a priority, and work with the school board to facilitate additional facilities for the students. The school is more concerned with its 'diversity' ration rather than the quality of the education and the experience it provides its students. If you have not been anywhere else perhaps one could understand the perception that this school is great, but it is not. There are only a handful of teachers at springwoods that are up to par, hopefully if you attend, you will luck out and get one.

Posted February 10, 2014
I bought my house based on the school my kids would attend. I did much research in the area and Springwoods continued to come through as a top rated school. My kids are now into their 3rd year at Springwoods and I have absolutely nothing ill to say of the facility or the education my boys are receiving. The bus transportation is punctual, the office staff is friendly and helpful. The new principal is very hands on and has small kids of her own. She is understanding and gets the job done. She is such a nice and compassionate person. The teachers are so nice and love kids. I like that I am welcomed at the school by name more often than not and asked to help out and me involved in my boys education. If you are considering Springwoods, don't hesitate. You'll be glad you enrolled your kids.

Posted September 12, 2013
nosotros somos nuevos en esta area,y es el 1er ano de escuela de mi hijo,pero desde el primer dia el llego encantado y yo como padre me siento bien ver a mi hijo comodo,aparte el personal es muy amable y siempre estan preocupados por ayudarte y responder tus inquietudes.

Springwoods Elementary School
3815 Marquis Place, Woodbridge, VA  22192
Last modified Springwoods Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Springwoods Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 55 reviews. Top