PK-6|Private

Bad
Good

Posted December 03, 2014
My son just started Cardinal this past school year, and I have nothing but good things to report. The personal interaction with the staff is excellent, everyone knows my child and recognizes who picks him up and drops him off daily. The student population is wildly diverse and eclectic. The teachers are experienced, knowledgeable and innovative with their curriculums. My son is challenged daily and LOVES going to school everyday. The first week he came home from school sad that he couldn't read. He is three! But the exposure to the older children has really driven him to learn, so that he can do what they are doing in class. It is just such a supportive atmosphere for growth and accomplishment. The Cardinal facilities at first appear spartan, but once you have interacted in the space, you understand how every resource is maximized and completely adequate. I was also taken aback at the large child to teacher ratio in the younger classrooms, but after spending time in the classroom, there is no doubt at the absolute command the teachers have over the students. Have you ever walked into a room of 20 children and seen everyone on task and could hear a pin drop? Amazing!

Posted April 02, 2014
Best kept secret in Northern Virginia using Montessori values. The teachers and administrator are wonderful. They go out of their way to meet your child's individual needs.

Posted October 14, 2012
It saddens me to see that a family has left Cardinal after such a short amount of time and with less then glowing feelings. This is our fourth year as a Cardinal family, with a child in the first grade, another in kindergarten and our third to begin next year. My sons have flourished and love going to school. The education provided is unsurpassed, even without state of the art equipment or buildings. All the buildings and teaching tools are safe, clean, and perfectly functional. The love of learning instilled in the students, help my sons thrive and strive for more. Very few schools have the ability to, across the board, make an entire classroom love school. My sons do often greet me from the playground with dirty hands and arms, and I am happy with this - as I am thrilled to have my sons at a school that values downtime and play and recognizes that it builds stronger learners. Before we leave, my children simply go to one of the ten sinks spread among the classrooms and bathrooms and wash their hands. This school is a gem. If you're looking for a first class education, this is the place to be.

Posted September 20, 2012
We had two children attend Cardinal Montessori School in Woodbridge. One is currently a junior in college and the other is a sophomore in high school. Our family considers Cardinal Montessori to be one of the best schools in the area! Over the years we have referred many families to the school. At first glance one would not be impressed with the d cor of the building. However, I was not concerned about the building but cared about the learning that went on in the building. My children did very well academically and socially at Cardinal. Cardinal students test scores are consistently higher than the national average. Cardinal gave my children a great education and prepared them to excel in their current educational environment. My children say that the best teachers they ever had were at Cardinal. My youngest child volunteers at Cardinal during the summer. Mr. G is an outstanding principal, teacher and owner who has dedicated his life to the students at Cardinal. If you are looking for a great school where great learning happens, a safe, clean, loving, close knit and diverse community, go to Cardinal Montessori in Woodbridge, VA!

Posted September 18, 2012
Cardinal Montessori, is an outstanding learning environment for my child! I have not seen such a great diverse group of children and parents work together in a loving, kind, considerate manner. My child is thriving, learning, and I hope to keep him in this environment. The school has outstanding teachers, and support staff. I am a current parent, and our child has attended at CMS since he was potty trained. Excellent! I luv the rubber mulch as it helps to cushion any falls! Don't let the small building fool you, there are some of the smartest kids I have met at the elementary level!

Posted September 18, 2012
Cardinal Montessori has been an excellent experience for our son. Throughout his three years of attendance he has progressed streadily through their academic and practical curriculum. This year, as a beginning first grader he is confident reading basic chapter books and executing mathmatical problems on par with our public school's second and third grade levels. The teaching staff and headmaster have been attentive and responsive to any concerns regarding our son and provided excellent recommendations for further investigations and studies. I would recommend CMS to any parent...and the recycled rubber mulch means fewer bruises and scrapes!

Posted September 05, 2012
As a current CMS parent, I am saddened to see that another parent would judge a school solely based on attending for a half a year. Our experience has one that has helped my child, my husband and myself transition our child to school. We could not have asked for a better environment, education or group of educators for our child. My child has flourished at CMS and loves to learn because of her teacher. CMS is her home for 5 days a week given that my husband and I both work. We know that kids are kids but the school is diligent in correcting any bad behavior that arises. CMS has been operational for over 40+ years in that same neighborhood, which are proud to say we are part of. With respect to the cleaniless, that school is cleaned daily and in the summer is painted every year. The tire mulch is part of the experience but all kids get dirty and our daughter loves that playground. So overall, this school is very dedicated to its students and the families that support it. You won't find a better education and experience anywhere else.

Posted September 05, 2012
I think that my motivations for posting this review are similar to the other parents posting positive reviews. I don't believe it's an effort to drown out a single (or few) less than favorable reviews, rather it is a natural defensive reaction when someone criticizes a school you've known and loved for the better part of your child's early development (3 kids, in fact). It has been my experience that the staff and faculty are singularly focused on providing a high quality, safe, and nurturing environment for children to develop and learn. While some personality conflicts can and do occur, as evidenced by the 2-3 reviews below, I think the number of younger siblings and word-of-mouth students attending Cardinal every year is a testament to the overall school quality and atmosphere. In regards to the facility complaints, I know that there are at least two paper towel dispensers in every classroom and bathroom, and two soap dispensers in every bathroom as well. Children do get dirty on the playground because they are kids...it's what they do. I'm happy that they are given the opportunity for physical play every single day. This school is a hidden gem in Eastern PWC.

Posted September 04, 2012
My first child went to CMS since she got potty trained and stayed there until the 5th grade. All I can say is that CMS is a great school - academic standard is high and the teachers are very attentive to the kids. My kid is verry smart. We are a minority family and never felt indiferrent in this school. I thank CMS for providing great education. My second child still goes to CMS and very smart too! We have no complaints at all and we are very happy with Cardinal Montessori School.

Posted September 04, 2012
Our child starts her 6th year at CMS tomorrow. We could not be happier with the very attentive staff. Each year the progress that she makes academically, socially, & with her activities is outstanding. The school maintains the feel of a small community while being worldly and diverse. We are proud to send our child to CMS!

Cardinal Montessori School
1424 G Street, Woodbridge, VA  22191
Last modified Cardinal Montessori School is a Private school that serves grades PK-6