Posted October 28, 2014
Happy to see things changing for the better! The management has changed and the Pastor is now the Director at the school. We are so impressed with the way things have gotten back on track since he took over the leadership that we are returning to the school. We are excited about the direction the school is now taking and the atmosphere is once again welcoming and hopeful!

Posted September 19, 2014
We begin a new chapter at Morning Star this school year. Our curriculum has changed to A.C.E (Accelerated Christian Education) Below is their statement: "At A.C.E., our purpose in providing educational materials goes beyond simply helping students learn the academics required to enter college or get a good job. We desire to build in students a life-long burning passion to learn and grow spiritually. It is one thing to want children to be successful and quite another to provide the academic and character training to ensure this accomplishment. Character Development Godly character training is part of the A.C.E. learning experience, and it prepares students to welcome and accept challenges and future opportunities. Sixty character traits, such as kindness, loyalty, and honesty, are taught within the curriculum. Students can observe character development in the true-to-life character strips and then apply the Godly character lessons to their own lives." If you're looking for a Biblical based school, come in for a tour! Preschool- 12th grade

Posted September 15, 2014
Love the new staff and new direction they are going. Looking forward to a great year!

Morning Star Child Development Center 1

Posted August 28, 2014
No need wasting time on review sights to get a good solid look at the school. School really needs help.

Posted August 27, 2014
Over the last several months I've witness a wonderful change come into the school. The teachers have been given opportunities to grow in their field and upgrades have been made throughout the summer. The new director has constantly been working to make the center a better place not only for the children but the parents as well. The main focus of the center was always stated to be Christian, however now it truly embodies that statement with the new curriculum and vision for the school.

Posted August 21, 2014
Excited, excellent and wonderful changes are taking place. The new management is taking the reins and really developing this private school into a first class institution. We are looking forward to our children attending this year and making great strides in their education. They are using brand new curriculum where all staff are receiving training and they are upgrading their IT in school. After talking to management about the changes I have learned that they are going to have an awesome computer lab and they will have computers in the classrooms to integrate into their curriculum. Oh did I mention that a library is the works. My three children are enjoying the changes and love the staff. They look forward to going every morning and have expressed excitement as the staff has taken a greater interest and are more visible around the school. We are looking forward to this year and would encourage you to check out this school as you look into private schools.

Morning Star Child Development Center 1

Posted January 22, 2014
This school needs great improvement.EVERYDAY when I pick up my son, there are high school students "babysitting" the kids during the aftercare hours and they are constantly on their phones texting or doing something and this is extremely unacceptable. There is no way you can watch that many children at a time, small children, when your sitting in the corner, in a rocking chair, with your face in your phone. I came in one day and asked the lady about sign language because there was a sign on the wall with hand signs and she says "no we don't teach that. Kids should talk at this age and know how to communicate instead of pointing or ask for things in sign language". They don't embrace any foreign languages or do they care to WHAT!!! Who says that. Good thing my child wasn't deaf or else she would have heard it. It made me ashamed that she even said that. Also, although their tuition is kind of low for the area, I don't see much investment back into the facility or classrooms. Also when my child is sick, I expect someone to care enough to wipe his nose. Why am I picking up my child and snot is crusted all on his face? The staff is extremely lazy and the entire center needs a facelift.

Morning Star Child Development Center
14001 Smoketown Road, Woodbridge, VA  22192
Last modified Morning Star Child Development Center is a Private school that serves grades PK-4
Morning Star Child Development Center Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top