Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Just right (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I want to send a huge thank you to Ms Shaw and Mrs Dunmore. They are dedicated to making sure our children are prepared for next grade and genuinely care about their progress. My daughter has learned so much and is eager to learn all the time. I appreciate you both and wish you were teaching 1st grade next year. Happy Teacher Appreciation Day!!!! Thank you, Nakeisha Williams

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 04, 2016
Ms Shaw, Mrs Dunmore, and Mr Carter are my daughter's favorite teachers. Thank you all.

Posted May 04, 2016
I love Garfield Elementary School and the staff. Happy to have my daughter attending. She is excited every morning to go to school; mainly for her teachers

Posted April 25, 2015
Garfield is a wonderful place to teach! The community, parents, staff, and students create a valuable partnership and everyone works as a team. The teaching and learning at this school is top quality. Students are engaged, creating constructive arguments, and progressing forward at incredible rates. Students have what they need to be successful at our school: technology in the classroom, data driven instruction, teamwork, and a loving community to thrive in. I wouldn't want to teach in any other school.

Posted June 24, 2014
Garfield ES is quickly becoming one of the best schools in DCPS. Parents and Community Stakeholders are engaged on a monthly basis. Children are growing in math and reading at rates higher than ever before. Students come to school everyday and on time. Teachers, coaches, and staff members are always learning new and innovative to educate the children. The school has successfully launched a Blended Learning program and the school day runs from 8:15-5:00. There are also several extracurricular activities for students to explore from 5:00-6:00, such as cheerleading, band, volleyball, softball, robotics, lacrosse, and soccer.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2014
I work with one of Garfield's community partners; we provide support such as book distributions, online tutoring, and assistance with the annual registration carnival. I have been very impressed with all of the teachers and staff I've met at this school, all of whom are very invested in providing a top-notch education, and caring about their students. I have dealt often with the librarian, Mr. Mathieu, who knows and respects his students and works hard (since he splits his time with another school) to encourage not just literacy, but a love of reading. I think that the school is continuing to improve and provide and value excellence in the community, and I'm proud to be a small part of that effort.

Posted June 24, 2014
I have been a teacher in DC Public School going on 17 years. I have been in several different school. Garfield is by far the best school I have been in. The staff really comes together as a family. The administration leadership team in top notch. ( I think they need to be running the entire school system..they are that good) The support is fantastic. Garfield is doing great things. I though I knew data until I got to Garfield. Everybody works hard to do whats right for the kids.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2014
Test scores are on the rise at this turnaround school. Alot of events for families. Teachers are delivering differentiated instruction all day. The community is supporting our school. Blended learning is the new best thing.

Posted August 20, 2009
Garfield school is terrible. The staff, parents of students, the neighborhood everything. I don't reccommend !

2435 Alabama Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC  20020
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.