Washington, DC

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted June 24, 2014
Garfield ES is quickly becoming one of the best schools in DCPS. Parents and Community Stakeholders are engaged on a monthly basis. Children are growing in math and reading at rates higher than ever before. Students come to school everyday and on time. Teachers, coaches, and staff members are always learning new and innovative to educate the children. The school has successfully launched a Blended Learning program and the school day runs from 8:15-5:00. There are also several extracurricular activities for students to explore from 5:00-6:00, such as cheerleading, band, volleyball, softball, robotics, lacrosse, and soccer.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted June 24, 2014
I work with one of Garfield's community partners; we provide support such as book distributions, online tutoring, and assistance with the annual registration carnival. I have been very impressed with all of the teachers and staff I've met at this school, all of whom are very invested in providing a top-notch education, and caring about their students. I have dealt often with the librarian, Mr. Mathieu, who knows and respects his students and works hard (since he splits his time with another school) to encourage not just literacy, but a love of reading. I think that the school is continuing to improve and provide and value excellence in the community, and I'm proud to be a small part of that effort.

Garfield Elementary School 5

Posted June 24, 2014
I have been a teacher in DC Public School going on 17 years. I have been in several different school. Garfield is by far the best school I have been in. The staff really comes together as a family. The administration leadership team in top notch. ( I think they need to be running the entire school system..they are that good) The support is fantastic. Garfield is doing great things. I though I knew data until I got to Garfield. Everybody works hard to do whats right for the kids.

Garfield Elementary School 4

Posted June 22, 2014
Test scores are on the rise at this turnaround school. Alot of events for families. Teachers are delivering differentiated instruction all day. The community is supporting our school. Blended learning is the new best thing.

Garfield Elementary School 0

Posted August 20, 2009
Garfield school is terrible. The staff, parents of students, the neighborhood everything. I don't reccommend !

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Garfield Elementary School
2435 Alabama Avenue Southeast, Washington, DC  20020
Last modified Garfield Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Garfield Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top