Teacher effectiveness: Somewhat effective

Posted June 10, 2015
They are ok. Most of the teachers are horrible but some are willingly to teach their students

Amount of homework: Too much

Posted June 10, 2015
Most of the homework... The teachers did not cover in class. My daughter had a lot of homework to do when she was in3rd grade

Develops respect: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
Nope I had a Muslim who went here and she was severely forced to read at mass and pray even though it stated at school that you have they right to your beliefs and that we don't force anyone to do anything

Develops empathy: Disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
Although the school care about the student's learning ability. The teachers think they can do whatever they want and the school don't give much power for parents to vote about some choice in the school

Develops honesty: Strongly disagree

Posted June 10, 2015
My daughter had all a's and b's but she was never put on honor roll because sister Gloria said she miss one day at school

Posted August 23, 2013
My daughter will be attending this school this upcoming school year. So far we are looking forward to the new year. The staff and principals have been wonderful so far. My daughter will be a 6 grader this year.

Posted May 23, 2013
My school has a religious foundation and family oriented. It has a very friendly and knowledgeable staff. The school has standard based curriculum and high testing scores. The students are very polite and respectful of each other and visitors.

Posted November 13, 2012
What makes St. Augustine Catholic School unique is its nurturing, close-knit family environment. The curriculum pushes students to their optimal level and core values such as honesty, respect and responsibility are instilled in all students so that they have the "life-skills" to be future leaders of tommorrow. Overall, I am grateful that my daughter and son attend St. Augustine Catholic School because I'm certain that their educational experience will bring out the best in them and exceed expectations.

Posted November 02, 2012
As a parent, I am so thankful to have found St. Augustine for my pre-schooler. Not only is the academic curriculum excellent, but also, and even more importantly, the environment is warm, caring and nurturing. I was looking for a school that teaches the basics like phonics and grammar, and yet is adept to our changing world. I found this at St. Augustine's Catholic School. The bonus is that the values, morals, consideration and love we are teaching our child is being reinforced and exemplified while she is in school. All this at a very reasonable tuition for what you and your child receive.

Posted October 28, 2012
The decision to place your child in a private or public school is personal. I would suggest St. Augustine Catholic School to any parent who wants their child to be in a well integrated environment on an academic, social and spiritual level for a very reasonable price. The most important investment you can make is in your child. I have spoken to other parents and have done the research as well, What St. Augustine offers is unmatched for the price. The before and aftercare is also great with varied activities that appeal to varied interests. Along with what is happening for us individually the school is continuing to blossom into a strong unit collectively. There is a strong Home School Association (HAS) and the drive of the parents to support their children and school as a whole is at a high point. Thankfully, Father Pat, Sister Gloria and the entire staff care and they continue to do everything to help our son and students overall to reach the highest level of development. The support has been there on every level and we humbly thank God for the work that is being done.

Find the great schools in Washington DC