K-8|Private

Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Effective (1 response)

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School 2

Posted October 20, 2015
Blessed Sacrament has all the potential to be an amazing community asset and instead is a terrible disappointment. It's key weaknesses are curriculum, STEM education, technology, and lack of any bullying policy. We have moved a number of times and had the chance to experience both excellent Catholic schools as well has nationally ranked public schools and single sex private schools. If you are looking for the most competitive curriculum, incredible access to gifted education, languages, 1:1 technology starting in early elementary, differentiated classes for different learners, comprehensive after school activities such as coding, engineering, 3D modeling, etc. it is at the Montgomery County Schools within a mile of Blessed Sacrament. We would have bent on some of these capabilities for a comprehensive religious and character building curriculum, but that does not exist either. In fact, we were told by the principle that he does not care for a no-tolerance bullying policy after our child was physically attacked 3:1 on the playground. If you want to really stretch, challenge and expose your child to an incredible curriculum in a safe environment, this is not the place.

Posted February 04, 2015
Blessed Sacrament is the place to send your child if you value a well-rounded education for your child. We continue to be impressed and happy with the academic, social, religious, emotional and physical support provided to our children. It is the bedrock of our family life and we are so thankful to raise our children in this loving, caring growth environment.

Posted February 04, 2015
Blessed Sacrament has provided my children with an education that goes beyond the classroom. They have taught each of them how to be a good person with integrity and faith and has provided them with a moral compass to make good decisions. The amazing community of faculty and parents has been there to help in times of need and celebrate in times of joy. I highly recommend Blessed Sacrament to anyone looking to send their child to an academically challenging and faith-filled school.

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School 2

Posted April 17, 2014
This is a Catholic school, but DO NOT send your child there if your family is not White, Irish Catholic. Your child will not be fully accepted by the school community, especially amongst certain teachers and families. It is an insular group, and it is seriously lacking in diversity (I believe the current figure is 89% White), and to my knowledge there is little or no meaningful outreach to enrich the multi-racial nature of the school. If your child is an outsider, he/she will be treated that way, especially through the middle school years, when kids become more aware of differences in race and ethnicity. The results can inflict damage on your child's self esteem, as was experienced by our family. Furthermore, most of the teaching staff is pulled directly from the congregation, who mainly live within the bubble of Chevy Chase, and whose narrow outlooks and views clearly reflect long held stereotypes they harbor toward anyone who is "different." Based on our experiences, it also appears that those on the inside track also clearly benefit regarding placement in advanced classes. Simply put, being Catholic is not enough and I emphatically do not recommend it.

Posted May 18, 2013
Blessed Sacrament is a highquality school that has programs to meet the needs of a variety of learning abilities and styles; the resource department is staffed with an expert team of helpful teachers who assist students with learning disabilities and organizational issues. The middle school has honors placements for students who have demonstrated exceptional aptitude in math, language arts, or foreign languages. Using the Responsive Classroom Model in grades K-5 and the Advisory Model in grades 6-8, the classes cultivate strong social skills and leadership skills which result in graduates who are self-confident, service-oriented, and ready for the challenges of high school.

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School 1

Posted April 10, 2013
Blessed Sacrament was the worst school I have ever been to. I was constantly bullied about everything. I was threatened, physically had my arm broken, and I received the worst punishment of all, an eating disorder. The girls and the boys constantly made fun of me and my family. The school is predominantly white. I wasn't accepted as a person. They treated my like an outsider. The teachers barely taught me what I needed for High School. If your weren't "popular" no one valued you. Most of the kids are "legacy students" they are favored against the who aren't. None of the teachers believed me when I confronted the bullying, not even the counselors. I switched schools, I went to OLOL in bethesda. There I learned what true friends were, teachers helped, and bullying was non-exsistent. At Blessed Sacrament I had the worst time of my life. Please save your child the tears, and don't send them to Blessed Sacrament.

Posted October 01, 2011
This is a fantastic school. My niece recently entered the middle school after being in a dc charter school and she LOVES LOVES LOVES being at the school. she is happy to get up in the morning and does her homework without a fuss and talks about her new friends all the time. everyone is very nice. it's a great school.

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School 4

Posted March 31, 2009
The Teachers and Staff are wonderful. We have a new Principal who needs to be attend school activities. I was a little disappointed not to see him at the school band concert. I know he saw it during school hours but it would have been nice to see him present at the evening presentation. Even after school as the kids are leaving it's nice to see the presence of leadership. He's new, so I hope it's just a matter of time.

Posted February 10, 2009
I recently switched my two children to Blessed Sacrament and our experience has been incredible. They both had social and academic problems at their former schools, but have blossomed emotionally and academically since their arrival. The kids are so incredibly friendly and bright. The Honors classes, in middle school especially, are considered to be the finest in DC Catholic schools. The resource and learning support program is comprehensive and teachers adapt to each child's needs. The teachers are friendly, but enforce discipline well. They have extensive training and are wonderful role models. The curriculum teaches students regarded on the national level for their achievement, many of whom have learning differences. The community is faith-filled and welcoming. Blessed Sacrament creatively teaches first-rate curriculum and challenges, but recognizes the blance of a child's experience. The music and visual art programs are fantastic. This school is AWESOME!

Posted December 01, 2008
i love this school. Yes, it is challenging, but the kids are friendly and welcoming.

Find the great schools in Washington DC

Blessed Sacrament Elementary School
5841 Chevy Chase Pkwy NW, Washington, DC  20015
Last modified Blessed Sacrament Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Blessed Sacrament Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 27 reviews. Top