Posted September 18, 2014
I registered my son for Paul PCS, I was very surprised at the variety of extracurricular activities from chess club to swim team to volleyball and Paul encourages each student to joint an extracurricular activity. The teachers go out of there way to make sure you as the parent no not just when your child misbehaves but also when your child is doing well.

Paul PCS 4

Posted April 30, 2014
My son has attended Paul PCS Middle School since the 6th grade and he enjoys going to school everyday the teachers are great. He will graduate this year from 8th grade and I am very pleased with the hard work and dedication from the teachers and staff. I highly recommend this school to parents that are looking for a middle school for their child.

Posted April 29, 2014
I am really appreciating the positive programs that Paul is implementing for the highschool male students. Promoting positive programs and role models for male students is a step in the right direction which can also lead to higher test scores from the male population.

Posted April 29, 2014
Paul Public Public Charter/ International is one one the greatest shcools in DC. I am a proud parent and would like to show my support for PPCS.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is phenomenal!! My son has been in the middle school since the 7th grade and has truly flourished. The teachers are great and put in so much effort to ensure that the scholars progress educationally, socially and mentally.

Paul PCS 4

Posted April 29, 2014
My school is a great school for students to learn. It is a wonderful place for our children to enjoy discovering who they are.

Paul PCS 3

Posted March 24, 2014
Paul is an ok school. I find them to have the resources it takes to teach kids however they do NOT push the kids hard enough. My son comes home with every bit of 5 MINUTES worth of homework. I have to get books for him to read on my own and give him extra work at home to challenge him because Paul does not do that. If they did they would be a pretty good school.

Paul PCS 3

Posted November 16, 2013
I have to be honest and report that the high school is simply NOT READY!! I can see it with my own eyes and my child tells me certain things that he notices as well. I also noticed they can't seem to keep a a staff. There is a lot of turnovers. The Chemistry teacher quit the first week of school and they just hired a new teacher starting the 2nd advisory which means my child has lost out on learning for the 1st quarter. The space is very tight for the 10th grades. I am truly not pleased and is very disappointed.

Posted October 24, 2013
My school is a Tier 1 School with excellent academic classes as well as excellent arts and athletics classes and programs. Paul was a traditional DC public middle school until 2000 when its then principal, Cecile Middleton, converted the school to a charter school. Paul continues to serve primarily students who live nearby. Five years ago Paul PCS added a ninth grade academy so that graduates from 8th grade who were not ready for a large high school environment could stay another year. Last year, the DC Public Charter School Board approved the expansion of Paul PCS to include a full high school. In August of this year, Paul welcomed 10th graders who will be the first graduating class in 2016. Paul's high school offers an international studies program designed to teach students the skills they will need not only to go to college but also to be responsible global citizens. Each high school student will be expected to have an international study experience before graduation. Paul offers a warm, nurturing environment as well as rigorous academic classes.

Posted October 17, 2013
Paul PCS is an awesome school with a great environment for both the students and the staff. As we continue to see the decline in graduation rates for our students across the nation, we understand the need to keep our Paul scholars here for middle and high school and that is why we're expanding from 6-9 to 6-12th, graduating our first class in 2016. We're excited to be able to offer this opportunity to our Paul M.E.R.I.T. Scholars. With an intensive academic curriculum, students have the opportunity to shine in arts and athletics as well. Paul's staff is extremely family oriented, which really helps with your day to day at the school! GO PIRATES!

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Paul PCS
5800 8th Street, NW, Washington, DC  20011
Last modified Paul PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 38 reviews. Top