Paul PCS 4

Posted April 30, 2014
My son has attended Paul PCS Middle School since the 6th grade and he enjoys going to school everyday the teachers are great. He will graduate this year from 8th grade and I am very pleased with the hard work and dedication from the teachers and staff. I highly recommend this school to parents that are looking for a middle school for their child.

Posted April 29, 2014
I am really appreciating the positive programs that Paul is implementing for the highschool male students. Promoting positive programs and role models for male students is a step in the right direction which can also lead to higher test scores from the male population.

Posted April 29, 2014
Paul Public Public Charter/ International is one one the greatest shcools in DC. I am a proud parent and would like to show my support for PPCS.

Posted April 29, 2014
This school is phenomenal!! My son has been in the middle school since the 7th grade and has truly flourished. The teachers are great and put in so much effort to ensure that the scholars progress educationally, socially and mentally.

Paul PCS 4

Posted April 29, 2014
My school is a great school for students to learn. It is a wonderful place for our children to enjoy discovering who they are.

Paul PCS 3

Posted March 24, 2014
Paul is an ok school. I find them to have the resources it takes to teach kids however they do NOT push the kids hard enough. My son comes home with every bit of 5 MINUTES worth of homework. I have to get books for him to read on my own and give him extra work at home to challenge him because Paul does not do that. If they did they would be a pretty good school.

Paul PCS 3

Posted November 16, 2013
I have to be honest and report that the high school is simply NOT READY!! I can see it with my own eyes and my child tells me certain things that he notices as well. I also noticed they can't seem to keep a a staff. There is a lot of turnovers. The Chemistry teacher quit the first week of school and they just hired a new teacher starting the 2nd advisory which means my child has lost out on learning for the 1st quarter. The space is very tight for the 10th grades. I am truly not pleased and is very disappointed.

Posted October 24, 2013
My school is a Tier 1 School with excellent academic classes as well as excellent arts and athletics classes and programs. Paul was a traditional DC public middle school until 2000 when its then principal, Cecile Middleton, converted the school to a charter school. Paul continues to serve primarily students who live nearby. Five years ago Paul PCS added a ninth grade academy so that graduates from 8th grade who were not ready for a large high school environment could stay another year. Last year, the DC Public Charter School Board approved the expansion of Paul PCS to include a full high school. In August of this year, Paul welcomed 10th graders who will be the first graduating class in 2016. Paul's high school offers an international studies program designed to teach students the skills they will need not only to go to college but also to be responsible global citizens. Each high school student will be expected to have an international study experience before graduation. Paul offers a warm, nurturing environment as well as rigorous academic classes.

Posted October 17, 2013
Paul PCS is an awesome school with a great environment for both the students and the staff. As we continue to see the decline in graduation rates for our students across the nation, we understand the need to keep our Paul scholars here for middle and high school and that is why we're expanding from 6-9 to 6-12th, graduating our first class in 2016. We're excited to be able to offer this opportunity to our Paul M.E.R.I.T. Scholars. With an intensive academic curriculum, students have the opportunity to shine in arts and athletics as well. Paul's staff is extremely family oriented, which really helps with your day to day at the school! GO PIRATES!

Paul PCS 1

Posted July 18, 2013
Paul Public Charter school. I have three children that attend paul 6,7,and 8. When my now 8th grader was in 6th grade paul was a decent school, but over the years it has declined. It seems that the administration are more concerned with the number of students that they have that they are now excepting and tolerating any kind of misbehavior from children. The head of school can only be seen when it's time to stand up in front of parents for an award ceremony but you can't get in touch with her on a day to day. The some of the teachers are just there for a pay check and it shows no requiring much from the students. I would not recommend Paul and the stage it is at right now. Forgot to mention the secretaries in the main office that act like when you call the office it's a inconvience to them and are very moody. As a parent I am very disappointed.

Find the great schools in Washington Dc

Paul PCS
5800 8th Street, NW, Washington, DC  20011
Last modified Paul PCS is a Charter school that serves grades 6-9. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Paul PCS Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 37 reviews.