Bad
Good

Posted August 17, 2014
We love Island View elementary school! I have a second grader in the challenge class and a 5th Grader. The staff is amazing and caring. The academics are challenging as well. It has the most diversity in Anacortes. We will be moving and we will be very sad to leave this second family of ours.

Posted October 13, 2013
This school is amazing. Every staff person that I have met is extremely caring and helpful. Parent involvement is welcomed and appreciated. My family is very happy to be a part of this school.

Posted August 22, 2013
Island View Elementary is a wonderful school. Curriculum is current, level appropriate and engaging for students. They provide so many opportunities for families within the community to come together which has allowed me as a working parent to be familiar with the learning environment my child engages in everyday. I feel connected to and thus have a firm level of trust for the staff, teachers and leadership of the school. I am so grateful for the education both social and academic my child receives from Island View.

Posted July 01, 2013
Island View Elementary is an A+ school. We moved from this school because of military orders, but we wish we were back there. The principal is very energetic and very responsive to parent concerns. He works well with all, including the PTA. He knows most of the students by name! The teachers there really care about the students, and it shows. We miss the programs, especially the 1-2 Challenge program and the science lab. This is an amazing school!

Posted November 19, 2011
My daughter who is a first grader, goes to Island View. When she started she was behind in reading and math. Since the beginning of the school year shes made great progress in both areas. I give a great deal of the credit to her reading and math teacher. Her teacher is very nice, every time Ive had a question, request or problem it was resolved quickly. I think I have had an encounter with only 1 staff member I didn't like. My daughter is happy with her school and teachers and thats also always a plus.

Posted October 13, 2010
We love Island View because the staff are terrific. Whenever we need to talk to the principal he always makes time and we come to a resolve with whatever issues we have. They are really there to educate my child!

Posted April 16, 2010
I like Island View Elementary School because it has a special program for hard of hearing kids. This school also comes to the Senior Center for programs and intergenerational activities.

Posted March 09, 2010
We moved to the district 2 years ago and are so happy with this school! The principal is amazing (just won a golden apple) the teachers are not only qualified but caring and the support staff goes out of their way to be helpful and professional. The best part is that each child is treated like an individual, not a number in the crowd.

Posted November 24, 2008
oh my gosh I love this school! I went here K-3 then moved. I wish I could go back! The principal is very good and sweet. And they have a lot of fun events like the costume parade, assemblies, and more. The teachers are awesome!

Posted November 06, 2007
I love this school because it has great teachers and great poeple in it so why do you go to island view today.

2501 J Ave, Anacortes, WA  98221
Last modified Island View Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.