Bad
Good

I went at this school to check weather it was appropriate for my daughter or not, who will be going to KG in this school. I was really impressed that the Principle was there to greet and she actually took her time to discribe her school to us. I dont see that much nowadays like when i went to Lakeland new Elementary the office staff was not eager to answer our question as if they dont want anymore childern in their school. Next time I will try to interview the KG teacher and see where it goes from there. But for now it is possitive regarding this school and will keep the progress updated. I wanted to praise the principal again thank you so much.

I am grateful to the staff of Gildo Rey Elementary for being there not only for my child but all the children. I have witness many successful academic programs offered by Gildo Rey that has been useful to the children. Most of all, Mrs. Logan has been a great Principal and how she is there for all of the children at Gildo Rey before they get to school and when they go home. How she greets the studens and parents every morning..How the staff ensure the children are safe to and from school. Not only that, how my child has learn so much in Mrs. Tompkins class and school just started and he is eager to learn. Thank You Mrs. Logan and Mrs. Tompkins & the rest of the staff.

Diane Severson and Julie Barber are a great teaching team. I have watched my son reading and math over the last year improve by leaps and bounds. Thank you Gildo Rey and the second grade team of Diane and Julie.

I am greatful to the teachers and staff. Carl Skiff in particular is a God-send and the greatest reason for my sons improvement over his behavioral disorder. His methods of teaching and rewarding that achievment comes from his heart and his own pocket. As a parent I can track of that improvement and participate in it by reviewing daily reports using a point system that tracks 4 catagories over 7 periods of the day. With this I was able to track the effects of his medications just by watching where things started poorly, or ended roughly, meds were given late or wore off during the school day. I was able to report that to the doctor and make proper adjustments over time. These behavioral catagories were rewarded by Mr. Skiff using various prizes for earning points, 28 points and my son got a hotwheel... over 200 last count. Thanks Mr. Skiff.

Last modified Gildo Rey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 7 out of 10 based on academic quality.