Auburn, WA
After care: No

Posted December 12, 2010
I went at this school to check weather it was appropriate for my daughter or not, who will be going to KG in this school. I was really impressed that the Principle was there to greet and she actually took her time to discribe her school to us. I dont see that much nowadays like when i went to Lakeland new Elementary the office staff was not eager to answer our question as if they dont want anymore childern in their school. Next time I will try to interview the KG teacher and see where it goes from there. But for now it is possitive regarding this school and will keep the progress updated. I wanted to praise the principal again thank you so much.

Posted September 30, 2010
I am grateful to the staff of Gildo Rey Elementary for being there not only for my child but all the children. I have witness many successful academic programs offered by Gildo Rey that has been useful to the children. Most of all, Mrs. Logan has been a great Principal and how she is there for all of the children at Gildo Rey before they get to school and when they go home. How she greets the studens and parents every morning..How the staff ensure the children are safe to and from school. Not only that, how my child has learn so much in Mrs. Tompkins class and school just started and he is eager to learn. Thank You Mrs. Logan and Mrs. Tompkins & the rest of the staff.

Posted March 25, 2010
Diane Severson and Julie Barber are a great teaching team. I have watched my son reading and math over the last year improve by leaps and bounds. Thank you Gildo Rey and the second grade team of Diane and Julie.

Posted March 16, 2010
I am greatful to the teachers and staff. Carl Skiff in particular is a God-send and the greatest reason for my sons improvement over his behavioral disorder. His methods of teaching and rewarding that achievment comes from his heart and his own pocket. As a parent I can track of that improvement and participate in it by reviewing daily reports using a point system that tracks 4 catagories over 7 periods of the day. With this I was able to track the effects of his medications just by watching where things started poorly, or ended roughly, meds were given late or wore off during the school day. I was able to report that to the doctor and make proper adjustments over time. These behavioral catagories were rewarded by Mr. Skiff using various prizes for earning points, 28 points and my son got a hotwheel... over 200 last count. Thanks Mr. Skiff.

Posted February 23, 2010

Posted October 05, 2007

Posted May 13, 2006

Posted May 06, 2006
2000-2006: The school's principal, faculty and staff are all committed to ensuring every child is given the best educational experience at Gildo Rey. They never fail to impress me with their high level of dedication and caring for each and every student. In addition to sound academics, students have access to sports, drama, and musical programs throughout the year. It has a racially and economically diverse student population, so the children learn acceptance and respect for everyone. The PTA is active and involved, though a larger membership would be welcome. We opted our eldest child out of STEP (Auburn's 'gifted' students program) to keep her in her neighborhood school; the staff at Gildo Rey stepped up and offered her an enhanced curriculum to challenge and enrich her learning. Gildo Rey has consistently responded to our children's needs and has been proactive in augmenting the 'standard' curriculum wherever and whenever necessary.

Posted April 05, 2006
- a staff
Gildo Rey Elementary is run by a very dedicated and committed Principal. The teaching staff is always trying to better their teaching skills. The whole staff is dedicated to helping students achieve success in all areas of life. The new school will bring the enrollment down for next year, but it will not change the standards of the staff to help all students be successful.

Posted January 10, 2006
I and my sons love Gildo Rey because the staff's commitment to making it a challenging and safe learning environment. The school has implemented 'Capturing Kids' Hearts' a really great program that fosters positive social interactions. Many of the teachers have earned praise from colleagues and won awards at not only the district level, but county, state and federal. Though a brand new school is opening just a few blocks from our house next year, my 4th grader is intent on finishing his elementary experience at Gildo Rey, and I am more than happy to drive him to and from school if necessary to keep him there. That says a lot! There's a great music program, sports and an annual musical, in addition to many other programs put on in conjunction with our fabulous PTA.

Gildo Rey Elementary School
1005 37th St SE, Auburn, WA  98002
Last modified Gildo Rey Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 9 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Gildo Rey Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top